Slow Xbox Series S download speeds

Discus and support Slow Xbox Series S download speeds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series s network speed test is usually 1100mbps download and now the test only shows 93mbps. I am hardwired and have hard reset 3 times and also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gb92_589, Nov 21, 2022.

1. gb92_589
    gb92_589 Guest

My series s network speed test is usually 1100mbps download and now the test only shows 93mbps. I am hardwired and have hard reset 3 times and also reset the modem and the router. I know there’s nothing wrong with the Ethernet cable because I plugged in the same cable to my pc and a speed test showed 800mbps. Is there any reason why the speeds are so slow on my Xbox now? Thanks.

:)

gb92_589, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading digital games

Your download speed is also highly dependant on what speed you get from your ISP. How can MS improve download speeds, if your connections are slow. Do you even know what your speeds are?

I'm on 120Mb/s down 10Mb/s up. No slow downloads here. As for an HD iTunes movie, they are typically around 3GB, a typical Xbox One game is between 10 and 50GB.
  3. SteveGoesInski Win User

Cannot download Gears of War.

cleared*. Is it the USB drive that's failing or maybe my download speed. My download speed on my computer is 21 mb/s but does that translate over to my xbox? Cause the download is going fairly slow.
  4. taidara Win User

Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S

I’ve been noticing very slow download speeds on my Xbox Series S. I have a fibre network connection, and ran a speedtest showing around 950 MBps download and 950 MBps upload. When i download a game or app on Xbox, that number drops to around 50-100 MBps. It sometimes gets to 350-400, but it’s rare. Are the microsoft servers just slow?
    Where did you perform the througput test? On your Xbox?
  5. XBF Aicha T Win User

6. Pjmed74 Win User

I’m having the same problem with my Series X. I know at least 4+ people having the same problem with their Xboxes. I have done the troubleshooting and it’s not the connection, ISP, modem, cable, etc. I even doubled my bandwidth from 200megs to 400 and the speeds stay the same. Games play without any problems, Xbox Speedtest shows the speed correctly at 400, but the downloads from Gamepass, store, updates, etc, are slow. I noticed this behavior since I started using the series X on launch day. This is a real problem. Hope we can get it solved.
Thema:

1. Slow Xbox Series S download speeds - Similar Threads - Slow Series download

2. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  3. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  4. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe): Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already...
  5. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  6. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  7. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  8. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  9. Series X Download speeds extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Download speeds extremely slow: [img] [img] This is a comparison between a network speed test and then trying to download an update for a game. These were taken back to back, how can the download speed be so poor when I’ve got...
  10. Series X slow download speed!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X slow download speed!!!: I got my series X four days ago and I’m already having abysmal download speeds like 60mbps and 5 hour download times. I’ve tried everything, restarting my router, clearing MAC address, changing...