Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

Discus and support Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by garvit07, Dec 5, 2021.

1. garvit07
    garvit07 Guest

I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps.

However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less than 0.5mbps.

Over the same wifi connection, I am getting the upload speed of around 100mbps on my mobile phones.

Secondly, when I tested my laptop speed with another wifi using 5Ghz connection, the upload speed were going well.

Thirdly, the upload speed were also fine using mobile's hotspot 5Ghz connection and also over 2.4Ghz connection (around 50-50mbps).

I contacted Legion Premium Support and I was told how it might be an issue of wifi card or antenna and they will send an engineer to change it.

However, after a few days when nothing happened and I had to contact them back, I was told that this is how things are meant to be with this laptop, its in the design.

This really infuriated me because they themselves said that laptop is supposed to perform with around 400-500kbps upload speed, and they decided it by themselves without even informing me about the same.
    Is there something about the upload speed that I am unaware about? Or is it something that windows tries to set a limit to, for whatsoever reason?

I observed this bad speed with wifi upload speed while uploading a YT video, it's scary to imagine how things will be while gaming.

Is there any solution to this? I have tried resetting my network settings, my all drivers are updated, tried changing my DNS, etc but still no solution. Can someone PLEASE help me with this?

:)

garvit07, Dec 5, 2021
  2. 8ea13d71-ba5f-4980-b Win User

Hello, I know with some ISP's they let you use your own router but throttle you alot vs if you use there equipment. How far is your router from your PC ? Remember 5ghz is faster but shorter range and 2.4ghz is slower but longer range. Wifi isn't guaranteed over ethernet ? Have you tried this with an ethernet connection ? If it gives better speeds because if I'm not mistaken you said it works good on your phone right ? It's not a network issue and it could be a driver issue or it could be a hardware issue like one of the components inside. What's the wifi driver company name ? I forgot to mention. Make sure your router's firmware is up-to-date. I wouldn't have the wifi on for channels set to automatic. If you are on the same channel as multiple neighbors that can effect speeds. Look out for packet loss anything over 2% is bad. Your ping or latency anything over 100ms is bad as well. If you get more than 2% for packet loss it means you're loosing data between your isp to your router and that can cause the connection to time out and cause lower download and upload speed. same thing with ping if it's too high can cause slower download and upload speed.
  3. garvit07 Win User

I tried uploading video on YouTube and I tried checking it using video calls, both were enough to justify that the test results were accurate and that the upload speed is just low :(
  4. AUSTIN PWER Win User

Hey garvit07 !

I'm a fellow gamer and want to try and help you out here.

In my current living situation, my modem is in my basement, in a cement room.
    Almost all rooms in my house get an amazing WiFi signal but my water heater or something in my house blocks the connection to my room. I bought myself an "Ethernet Cable" 50ft long because I am on the second floor,

and this solved my problems with everything.

My download speed went from 100Mb/s to1000Mb/s.

Try purchasing an ethernet cable and test it out!

Also, if more than one device is running 4K videos through a streaming site like Youtube, you might have used up all the bandwidth and are at your Modems streaming limits. If is just you then you may need an ethernet cable :)

I hope this helps!
  5. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Windows has a limiter but that's only for Microsoft Store data and updates. It doesn't apply to you. Did you actually upload files to test speed, or did you just test it on sites that measure speed?
  6. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Windows has a limiter but that's only for Microsoft Store data and updates. It doesn't apply to you. Did you actually upload files to test speed, or did you just test it on sites that measure speed?
Thema:

1. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection - Similar Threads - Slow upload Speed

2. Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.: I know this gets said alot but, Why do Microsoft cap the speeds.. how can 2 different speedtest on the same device. Have 2 very different results for the uploads. I was adviced to get an ethernet...
  3. Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping: Hi all, I have a Xbox Series X and having issues with remote play due to the following network connection status Download: 1015.9 Mbps Upload: 7.68 Mbps (can't get it over 8) Pocket loss: 0%...
  4. Slow upload speed on série x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speed on série x: I don’t know why but my upload speed is stuck at 3kp ! Start 3 week Ago no way to fix it ! c06c0604-6ec7-4495-b9a3-e88415542b3d
  5. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

in XboX Insiders
    Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster: A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10...
  6. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  7. Slow upload speed on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speed on Xbox One S: Hi There I just upgraded my internet to 200/200 fibre. I get 200mbit down on my xbox but upload is only 2-3 mbit. Is there a solution for this? I have a pc and I have done speed tests and all...
  8. Xbox One X Slow Upload Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Slow Upload Speed: My xbox one x occasionally has issues with online gaming that I think is caused by slow upload speeds from my xbox to the server. I've gone through almost all the trouble shooting steps to improve...
  9. : Slow upload speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Slow upload speed: : Slow upload speed Slow upload speed Does it matters which version I use. Ipv4 or Ipv6? d6517316-ba8f-43fd-b49c-cdd2aa777dce
  10. Slow Upload Speed (Remote Play)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Upload Speed (Remote Play): Wondering if someone can help me with my upload speed on the Xbox Series X. I have 1gbs internet in my home and the Xbox is connected to the network via a wired connection to a network switch I...