Slow, sometimes unresponsive and laggy user interface and console dashboard.

Discus and support Slow, sometimes unresponsive and laggy user interface and console dashboard. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the revamp of the user interfaces and store and home dashboards, from the system updates towards the end of 2017, I have found my console to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FlakeyTea0, Mar 29, 2018.

1. FlakeyTea0
    FlakeyTea0 Guest

Since the revamp of the user interfaces and store and home dashboards, from the system updates towards the end of 2017, I have found my console to constantly be laggy, and slow at times. Certain commands will take a few seconds
    to work, or it will just freeze, and after a few seconds all the commands will happen at once. This gets particularly bad when inside 'My games and apps', where games and apps will not even load/appear for up to 5 or 10 seconds. This has become a problem that
    has only worsened and is ruining the Xbox experience and makes it very frustrating to navigate through menus. Games and apps aren't affected while in use. Please suggest a solution or some sort of advice. Pressing on the home button also takes longer than
    it should for me to actually return to the main dashboard, sometimes a few seconds

:)

FlakeyTea0, Mar 29, 2018
  2. PrimoFuSion
    PrimoFuSion Guest
    Why is this coz its realy annoying !

RIP decent Xbox forums. At least my 360 console is still going strong, albeit with an extremely slow and unresponsive user interface.

PrimoFuSion, Mar 29, 2018
  3. 4oD app problem

[quote user="HighlandRainbow"]

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

The only problem I have with the app is that it is so slow to response to any actions I want it to do, this even occurs with the dashboard.

[/quote]It works for me now but yes the 4OD app Is very laggy.

[/quote]

I agree. The app is quite laggy and unresponsive however the videos load just fine for me and that's the main thing. I think the 4OD app is pretty good.

ScozzTheUniGuy, Mar 29, 2018
  4. FlakeyTea0
    FlakeyTea0 Guest

Update*** I since did a hard reset, appears to have correct it for now

FlakeyTea0, Mar 29, 2018
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Xbox One implements a dumbed down version of Windows 10, as it's OS. Well technically it has 3 operating systems (1) Xbox OS (2) Windows Kernel, where the Windows 10 dumbed down version is, and (3) Hypervisor which connects the two.

I've had Xbox 360 since late 2010 and Xbox One since it launched. And from experience, I can tell you Windows 10 whatever type, doesn't truly make a good OS that they just dumped on A CONSOLE. Yes Windows 10 suits PC, but does it REALLY suit a console??

Probably why Xbox 360's UI is much more user friendly. Less buttons to get to stuff. Simplified dashboard rather than some mega spam activity feed community thingy section taking up half the dashboard space in the form of varying sizes of boxes scattered
    on the dashboard in an un-uniformed manner. In a previous update all the activity feed section notifications were ordered same size tiles, top to bottom. Now it looks like mumble jumble and stuff.

But take it from me, the current version of Xbox One's dash is A LOT better than the state it was released in, November 2013. The OS is the most important software running on your device as it controls the hardware and all other software on it. Part of it
    since it's an online UI, means you should have a good ISP for it to work better, but part of it also, is behind how they make the software. They could go cheap and then you're sitting there waiting for a loading screen, screw this, 2 minutes to open a message
    (like back in 2013).

Xbox used to have a snap feature which let you snap say YouTube, Skype or Netflix in a smaller screen box while having like your game on the main display.... a feature called multitask aka doing two things at once. But then they took that feature away. Xbox
    One launched with no ability to change dash background, no voice messages, no dolby support. Now it has those features. If you're sick navigating the menus pressing more buttons with a controller, give Voice Commands a shot. You'll need to use your mic or
    Kinect for that.

smileskybird, Nov 1, 2018
  6. smileskybird Win User

Xbox One implements a dumbed down version of Windows 10, as it's OS. Well technically it has 3 operating systems (1) Xbox OS (2) Windows Kernel, where the Windows 10 dumbed down version is, and (3) Hypervisor which connects the two.

I've had Xbox 360 since late 2010 and Xbox One since it launched. And from experience, I can tell you Windows 10 whatever type, doesn't truly make a good OS that they just dumped on A CONSOLE. Yes Windows 10 suits PC, but does it REALLY suit a console??

Probably why Xbox 360's UI is much more user friendly. Less buttons to get to stuff. Simplified dashboard rather than some mega spam activity feed community thingy section taking up half the dashboard space in the form of varying sizes of boxes scattered
    on the dashboard in an un-uniformed manner. In a previous update all the activity feed section notifications were ordered same size tiles, top to bottom. Now it looks like mumble jumble and stuff.

But take it from me, the current version of Xbox One's dash is A LOT better than the state it was released in, November 2013. The OS is the most important software running on your device as it controls the hardware and all other software on it. Part of it
    since it's an online UI, means you should have a good ISP for it to work better, but part of it also, is behind how they make the software. They could go cheap and then you're sitting there waiting for a loading screen, screw this, 2 minutes to open a message
    (like back in 2013).

Xbox used to have a snap feature which let you snap say YouTube, Skype or Netflix in a smaller screen box while having like your game on the main display.... a feature called multitask aka doing two things at once. But then they took that feature away. Xbox
    One launched with no ability to change dash background, no voice messages, no dolby support. Now it has those features. If you're sick navigating the menus pressing more buttons with a controller, give Voice Commands a shot. You'll need to use your mic or
    Kinect for that.
  7. FlakeyTea0 Win User

Update*** I since did a hard reset, appears to have correct it for now
  8. PrimoFuSion Win User

Why is this coz its realy annoying !

RIP decent Xbox forums. At least my 360 console is still going strong, albeit with an extremely slow and unresponsive user interface.
  9. ScozzTheUniGuy Win User

4oD app problem

[quote user="HighlandRainbow"]

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

The only problem I have with the app is that it is so slow to response to any actions I want it to do, this even occurs with the dashboard.

[/quote]It works for me now but yes the 4OD app Is very laggy.

[/quote]

I agree. The app is quite laggy and unresponsive however the videos load just fine for me and that's the main thing. I think the 4OD app is pretty good.
  10. PrimoFuSion Win User

dashboard update soon

Have Microsoft finally realised how slow and unresponsive the dashboard is and we are going to go back to the 'blade' dashboard???

-

Or is that just extremely wishful thinking? ;-)
Thema:

1. Slow, sometimes unresponsive and laggy user interface and console dashboard. - Similar Threads - Slow sometimes unresponsive

2. What can I do to fix slow/buggy system

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can I do to fix slow/buggy system: My xbox series s was having trouble with a game so I tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't install at all. I tried everything that was suggested but it just made everything worse. My xbox won't...
  3. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  4. my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...: my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads? ef9629da-cc41-4ce3-b364-d34ae574bd3c
  5. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  8. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  9. my laptop suddenly slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    my laptop suddenly slow: my laptop suddenly slow .. .. c6146d6b-da28-49fb-9a3d-96fd8c42d963
  10. Sometimes my laptop is very slow for seemingly no reason

in XBoX on Windows
    Sometimes my laptop is very slow for seemingly no reason: Normally my laptop runs great. No issues at all, but there are times when I restart my laptop and it will run extremely slow, I use it primarily for video games, so I will be playing a agame, and...