Slow download speeds Xbox series S

Discus and support Slow download speeds Xbox series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 1G (1,000Mb) download connection and only 1 device (wired Xbox series s). When I use the edge browser on the console to do a speed test from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tazlucky09, Apr 15, 2023.

1. tazlucky09
    tazlucky09 Guest

I have a 1G (1,000Mb) download connection and only 1 device (wired Xbox series s). When I use the edge browser on the console to do a speed test from fast.com I get my full speed(1G+). When I do the speed test through the console settings ( test network speed and statistics ) it shows 800Mb to 1G. Anytime I download a game or app ( with all background apps and games closed and only waiting at the download queue menu) my download tops out around 400Mb. I have tried all of the following.

#1. IP settings manual and Auto

#2. DNS settings manual and Auto

#3. Clearing the alternate wired Mac address ( Auto only )

#4. Port forwarding using the ports given by Xbox

#5. Enabling dscp tagging and wmm tagging

#6. Power cycling and factory reset console

#7. Downloading different games

#8. Using only the internal SSD of the console to download

#9. Just as a curiosity test I even wired my console to my PC (and PC to router) to use the PC as a bridged internet connection (with and without a VPN), trying various VPN addresses, with the same or worst results.

P.s I am using a Cat7 ethernet cable

At this point the only thing I can think of is Xbox is throttling download speeds I have contacted them via online support and phone call, both which they deny throttling download speeds, so if anybody has any further ideas on how to resolve this please let me know

:)

tazlucky09, Apr 15, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading digital games

Your download speed is also highly dependant on what speed you get from your ISP. How can MS improve download speeds, if your connections are slow. Do you even know what your speeds are?

I'm on 120Mb/s down 10Mb/s up. No slow downloads here. As for an HD iTunes movie, they are typically around 3GB, a typical Xbox One game is between 10 and 50GB.
  3. SteveGoesInski Win User

Cannot download Gears of War.

cleared*. Is it the USB drive that's failing or maybe my download speed. My download speed on my computer is 21 mb/s but does that translate over to my xbox? Cause the download is going fairly slow.
  4. taidara Win User

Slow Download speeds for Xbox Series S

I’ve been noticing very slow download speeds on my Xbox Series S. I have a fibre network connection, and ran a speedtest showing around 950 MBps download and 950 MBps upload. When i download a game or app on Xbox, that number drops to around 50-100 MBps. It sometimes gets to 350-400, but it’s rare. Are the microsoft servers just slow?
    Where did you perform the througput test? On your Xbox?
  5. XBF Aicha T Win User

6. Pjmed74 Win User

I’m having the same problem with my Series X. I know at least 4+ people having the same problem with their Xboxes. I have done the troubleshooting and it’s not the connection, ISP, modem, cable, etc. I even doubled my bandwidth from 200megs to 400 and the speeds stay the same. Games play without any problems, Xbox Speedtest shows the speed correctly at 400, but the downloads from Gamepass, store, updates, etc, are slow. I noticed this behavior since I started using the series X on launch day. This is a real problem. Hope we can get it solved.
Thema:

1. Slow download speeds Xbox series S - Similar Threads - Slow download speeds

2. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  3. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  4. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  5. Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION): There are dozens of identical posts with no clear solution, dating back years where people with perfectly fine PC's and very fast hardwired internet connections get less than 10mbps download...
  6. What is being done about slow download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is being done about slow download speeds?: There are on-going numerous reports about slow download speeds on the Xbox series S and others. The only response has been the computer generated “try restarting your console”. We have tried that...
  7. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  8. with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps

in XBoX on Consoles
    with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps: so slow download with changed DNS (auto dns are banned) 5016887f-1852-4bde-8e62-586d2fc62483
  9. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  10. Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow: So, I recently purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC. When I tried downloading other games, it worked completely fine I was getting a steady 3 MB/s for both games. While downloading Sea of Thieves,...