Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E?

Discus and support Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, Recently bought an XBOX 360 S (Gears of War 3 edition, brand new, pretty sweet), and I'm having a crapton of internet problems with it out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XAGMNINETY, May 27, 2018.

1. XAGMNINETY
    XAGMNINETY Guest

Hey all,

Recently bought an XBOX 360 S (Gears of War 3 edition, brand new, pretty sweet), and I'm having a crapton of internet problems with it out of the box.

I have an old XBOX 360 E I bought used from Gamestop 5 years ago that I'm using as a comparison for network settings, and the results are disturbing.

Right now, my E is getting 25/15 splits for D/U speeds, with a "Wi-Fi Speed" (no idea what this actually is) at 65 Mbps. I'm going to give this guy to my mom as a pretty sweet Netflix/Hulu Machine.

The Fenix (S) is far, far worse in terms of connection speeds. Although packet loss is still 0 and connection strength is still at 100%, the speeds have absolutely tanked. I'm getting 9 Mbps upload, but only .7 Mbps download, and the mysterious "WiFi Speed"
    at a mere 2 Mbps, as opposed to the 65.

Is the "WiFi Speed" a sort of cap that needs to be removed or something? Aren't the S and the E exactly the same from a hardware standpoint, minus a few cost-cutting restructures and pulled ports? The consoles are running (both simultaneously and not, I've
    tried both to rule out interference) about 4 feet away from one another, on the same connection. Is it a router porting problem, or an issue with compatibility? I've been hammering my head against the wall for hours and am stuck.

Pretty worried, as the Gears console was not cheap.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

X

:)

XAGMNINETY, May 27, 2018
  2. Slow internet equals sadness -_-

I'm in Australia and have the forced NBN which is complete s%^t in comparison to what I used to have. Like I mean the slowest internet on the highest price, soon the entire country will be in this situation. Real download speed is about 4mb per second, real
    upload speed is about 1mb per second. My vodaphone network data is actually faster.

RedEye Expr3ss, May 27, 2018
  3. MRTRADE12
    MRTRADE12 Guest
    Slow download speed

Hi. Yesterday bought a new Xbox One. Trying to download a game, but download is really very slow. I have 100 Mbps Internet speed, but Xbox shows me 90 Mbps to upload and about 10 to download, that's odd. Downloading content on 360 is much more faster.
    I am using both wired and wireless connections, the result is result same: download is very very slow.

MRTRADE12, May 27, 2018
  4. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

My 60 gb hdd won't work:(

If you have a xbox 360s then there is no 60gb hard drive for that model.You can't use hard drives from the older model 360's on the 360s or 360e.
  6. smileskybird Win User

Games & Apps switching lag

How good is your internet? I have 100mb/s download speed and 10mb/s upload speed. Is your console hardwired to your home network via Ethernet cable, or wireless and are multiple people/devices using the internet at the same time.

Also remember Xbox 1 only has a slow 1.75Ghz clocked processor (AMD Jaguar 8 core APU). More cores means a processor can handle more apps simultaneously, but how FAST it can handle it.... also depends on the clock speed.
  7. DanielKing221 Win User

Fifa 20

If you have a fast internet speed but a slow download, try closing all open games and apps. Your console slows the download whenever you're using the console, so try making sure you have nothing open!
  8. DaveBurn Win User

Draytek Draytek- Vigor2500: Why I can't download with 1 gb/s on my xbox one x?

Download speed is always as fast as the slowest connection.

I have a 500Mb/s connection, but generally only see downloads on the Xbox hitting about 150Mb/s.

Under a connection test on the Xbox it does confirm my connection speed, but I can only assume that the servers the downloads come from don't allow that fast a connection.

Dave
Thema:

1. Slow Download Speeds on XBOX 360 S, but fast on heavily used 360E? - Similar Threads - Slow Download Speeds

2. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  3. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  4. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  5. Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION): There are dozens of identical posts with no clear solution, dating back years where people with perfectly fine PC's and very fast hardwired internet connections get less than 10mbps download...
  6. What is being done about slow download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is being done about slow download speeds?: There are on-going numerous reports about slow download speeds on the Xbox series S and others. The only response has been the computer generated “try restarting your console”. We have tried that...
  7. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  8. with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps

in XBoX on Consoles
    with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps: so slow download with changed DNS (auto dns are banned) 5016887f-1852-4bde-8e62-586d2fc62483
  9. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  10. Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download speeds for Sea of Thieves are really slow: So, I recently purchased Xbox Game Pass for PC. When I tried downloading other games, it worked completely fine I was getting a steady 3 MB/s for both games. While downloading Sea of Thieves,...