slim won't connect to xbox live

Discus and support slim won't connect to xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After being requested to start a new thread here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/9/t/1817349.aspx here's a breif... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZXBiNMaN128K, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ZXBiNMaN128K
    ZXBiNMaN128K Guest

After being requested to start a new thread here

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/9/t/1817349.aspx

here's a breif synopsis of my problems at the moment

Today I booted up my slim, it connected and I watched a few minutes of netflix, lost connection tried to reconnect got this error.

This problem has been happening since 21/8/14.

Did a network connection test every thing was ok for 30 seconds then I got this error

8007274c

Tried to connect again and got

Did a test and it connected (just a matchmaking service alert)

W:0000 - 0021

X:0000 - F001

Y:20A8 - 4840

Z:0000 - 0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L:0015 - 10F1

Q:8007 - 0435

T:WIRELESS

A:192.168.1.8/255.255.255.0

G:192.168.1.1

D:192.168.1.1, 0.0.0.0

N:TALKTALK - 6A8880

S:WPA2

C:10

By the time I'd typed this it had disconnected, I tested the xbox live connection again and got the same information, it had connected again and I'm watching netflix to see how long it lasts (about 5 minutes).

My back up phat (used in our bedroom by the kids mostly) has no problems connecting using my profile, gaming or streaming. And while I'm trying to connect the daughter's slim is streaming Bad Boys on Netflix.

Before we go any further with talks about troubleshooting guides, clearing cache and deleting/downloading my profile I've already tried them.

Last week my daughter slim was behaving exactly the same way, she only told me earlier this week (Tue 19/8/14) we tried all the troubleshooting nothing worked (just to point out my slim and my two phats are working perfectly at this point). She would get
    a connection that could last 30 seconds to 30 minutes. We tried a hard line and the same happened, constant diconnection. However, after the previous day of following trouble shooting guides to no avail, on the evening of 20/8/14 I turned her slim back on
    (after being disconnected from the power brick for a number of hours) and all is working fine.

Next day my slim starts to exhibit the exact same behaviour, the phats and her slim are working perfectly fine.

All I can say is that the consoles and router have been constant for a number of years, only the slims in this household have exhibited this behaviour not the phats, nor have our tablets, laptops, towers, mobiles (cell) phones, playstations, Wii or 3ds xl's.
    And no not everything is turned on and connected at the same time. At the time of writing this my laptop is connected, the ps3 (son is playing a lego game) and my slim.

so to recap

1. Daughters did this drop out thing for a week and non of the troubleshooting worked, it stopped happening all by itself. My slim and phat's were working fine while hers was not.

2. The next day after my daughters xbox starts to work properly, mine starts disconnecting. Phat's still unaffected.

3. Did the troubleshooting on both slims, nothing worked.

4. I constantly test for a connection on my slim get one and I'm connected, then drop out after a short period, she's streaming a video on her slim Through the same router.

5 We've had 4 xbox's in the house for a number of years all connecting at the same time with no problems up until a week ago with her slim, and this week with mine.

6 My profile works fine on all the other machines, I deleted and just about managed to download on my slim.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is help!! And as that I strongly believe this is not a problem at my end otherwise why is it only my slims affected and why did hers stop then start working and mine go down.

:)

ZXBiNMaN128K, Aug 23, 2014
  2. JerecTamalic
    JerecTamalic Guest
    Hard drive brocken?

I have an Xbox 360 slim 4 gb and the hard drive will not format. It won't download any more updates and cannot connect to xbox live. What should I do?

JerecTamalic, Aug 23, 2014
  3. Update problem. Please help

I have an xbox 360 slim ok so when test my xbox live connection it connects to everything but Xbox live then a message show saying that I have to update my xbox live and if I didn't update it won't connect to xbox live so I said yes and at the near end
    of the update it xbox error plz give me a solution slim won't connect to xbox live :(

ArduousWand245, Aug 23, 2014
  4. ZXBiNMaN128K
    ZXBiNMaN128K Guest

as an extra note just tried to test my connection again and it didn't get past my router, with console not receiving ICMP response

restarted the test connected to xbox live then dropped out a few minutes later

all this while my daughter is streaming on her slim using her profile and my netflix account!! oh the irony that the reverse was true just a week ago

5. r0kr
    r0kr Guest
    This may be a stretch, but try logging into your router to make sure (for whatever reason) both consoles aren't sharing 192.168.1.8. Also, if you haven't already, try

manually forwarding the ports used by the Xbox
    to ensure your router isn't blocking the connection for whatever reason.

Please let us know how this turns out to allow us to assist you further slim won't connect to xbox live :)

6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    [quote user="r0kr"]try logging into your router to make sure (for whatever reason) both consoles aren't sharing 192.168.1.8[/quote]IP conflict is not the issue here.

[quote user="r0kr"]if you haven't already, try manually forwarding the ports used by the Xbox to ensure your router isn't blocking the connection for whatever reason.[/quote]You shouldn't setup explicit rules for Xbox traffic, whenever you use multiple consoles
    (Xbox), connected to the same router Internet connecction. Therefore, Port Forwarding/Virtual Server, Port Triggering and DMZ is a big no no, under
    such circumstances.

@ZXBiNMaN128K - Two questions:

1. Appreciate if you can post up the make and model of your router and your modem as well (if this is not a single device)?
    2. If it's possble, try connect your console with an Ethernet cable, to see if the problem persists.

When you go to Xbox Network settings and run the diagnostic test to Live (Test Xbox Live Connection), does any of these results point to an error, involving your NAT? For example, strict, or moderate NAT.

TIA!

taidara, Aug 23, 2014
  7. taidara
    taidara Guest
    I would like to add that only a well-behaved UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) with IGD implementation are able to handle endpoint bindings, to multiplex inbound connections correctly.

taidara, Aug 23, 2014
  8. ZXBiNMaN128K
    ZXBiNMaN128K Guest

it's a Huwai HG533, been using it for some time now, connected by cable same result

I can test the connection and it connects to xbox live, sign in then it drops after about 5 mins

just to point out nothing has been altered on the router and all the other xbox's are working correctly

9. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Thanks!

May I ask, which connectivity service are you using, ADSL, WAN, or a UDB dong for mobile datacommunication?

Restore your Xbox network settings to factory defaults.

Go to Xbox Network settings and select Configure Network. Select the
    Additional settings tab and Restore network settings to factory defaults.

Turn off your console.

If you haven't tried this already, restore the Huawei back to factory settings. Consult the manual, how to hardware reset the Huawei to default settings.

Note! If your ISP require username and password for your connection type, make sure you know the username and password provided by your ISP.

Don't use the setup wizard, to configure wireless settings for your device.

Reconfigure wireless settings, such as, a unique name for your WLAN (SSID). Security type (WPA2-PSK with AES encryption). Password/Passphrase for your WLAN. Wireless channel. You can change the wireless channel manually, or use the pre-configured, but if you
    decide to manually set a channel, use a non-overlapping channel (1, 6, 11).

Make sure WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is ticked disable.

UPnP is not always enabled by default, so look this feature up and make sure it is ticked enable.

Reboot your gateway and wait one minute for it to connect properly.

Now, only connect the failing consol to your router, and have the other two, or three, powered off.

Turn on the failing console and go to Xbox Network settings. Select Test Xbox Live Connection. Take note and let us know if you see any error, related to your NAT.

Go ahead and do what you normally do on this console and let us know if you are able to stay connected and we'll go from there.

taidara, Aug 23, 2014
  10. ZXBiNMaN128K
    ZXBiNMaN128K Guest
    awesome set of tips, this has allowed to me to identify two things and sure up the security of my network

firstly there was a mac address I did not recognise in the list of connections, I have checked each piece of equipment in my home that connects, it's ip address and named it on my router

secondly what I have discovered is that it was indeed an ip conflict on 192.168.1.8, I remember noting that my daughters slim had this address up until Wednesday and has automatically changed to 192.168.1.6. I have since noted that my slim now has this address,
    when my connection dropped I was monitoring the list of connections on my laptop, when I refreshed I noted that the unknown mac address was using 192.168.1.8

so now I have altered my SSID and passwords and banned this mac address

so far I am happily watching a film on netflix with no interruptions, I must say that you suggestions have lead me down a path of investigation that I hadn't considered that there had been an intrusion on my network

once again thank you for your time, effort and patience

ZXBiNMaN128K, Oct 31, 2018
  11. ArduousWand245 Win User

Update problem. Please help

I have an xbox 360 slim ok so when test my xbox live connection it connects to everything but Xbox live then a message show saying that I have to update my xbox live and if I didn't update it won't connect to xbox live so I said yes and at the near end
    of the update it xbox error plz give me a solution :(
  12. noboundz Win User

Absolutely newbie who needs help

Your Xbox needs access to the internet to connect to Xbox LIVE. Just buying a router won't do anything.

-

If you have a Slim Xbox, or a wireless adaptor for an older model, then you'll be able to connect to LIVE provided a) there's wireless internet where you are, and b) you have the password to access it, if there is one.
  13. LiL KC HUSTLE Win User

can't connect to xbox live

i am in kansas city and i have been having the same problem we have 3 xbox`s in the living room all connected to xbox live 2 elite consoles and one slim console and the slim console will not connect to xbox live i called xbox live and they said that they
    were having trouble with the slim model connecting to time warner cable and were working on it then i called time warner and they told me the same thing

we can connect fine with our elite console`s but our slim model console will not connect to xbox live
  14. KingNick3rd Win User

Xbox Slim won't connect to Xbox Live

My 360 slim connect to the internet just fine but it won't connect to Xbox live or anything else I can't redeem codes ,download history, or Xbox live I clear my storage space 3 times I redownload my avatar what should I do need some help with this one
  15. Jack Bonner Win User

new xbox slim wont connect to wifi

Hi just bought a brand new Xbox 360 slim 4gb and having the exact same problem. Can connect to live straight away using an Ethernet cable but won't connect using the wifi. The console finds my wireless network fine but after putting in the password fails
    to connect. Very frustrating.
Thema:

1. slim won't connect to xbox live - Similar Threads - slim won't connect

2. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  3. Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account: Hello. So i was watching youtube on my XBOX 360 slim and I got a "signed out of XBOX live" so I tried to sign in and it didn't work so I just turned off the console for a little bit and then I...
  4. Xbox360 Slim won't update with patch for Original Xbox games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox360 Slim won't update with patch for Original Xbox games: Just bought a Hard drive for my 360 Slim off amazon which said it was an official one. Ive since plugged it in and loaded up Halo 2 only to have it tell me i need to download an update. So i agree...
  5. Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.: Open Range (Hotspots) Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot. My old Xbox 360 S connected to my phone's hot spot no problem.Now i have a new xbox 360 s cuz...
  6. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84
  7. Xbox 360 Slim won't connect to WiFi in one room

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim won't connect to WiFi in one room: I bought this 2 years back and for a year it worked great. Then we moved and it wouldn't connect in our bedroom, but will connect in the garage, living room and other bedrooms, but not our room....
  8. My Xbox 360 Slim can find my wireless network but it won't connect to it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim can find my wireless network but it won't connect to it.: It worked yesterday but when I tried to connect to it last night it wouldn't connect. Then this morning I tried to connect it again and again it didn't work. I have no idea what's wrong with it...
  9. XBOX 360 SLIM WON'T CONNECT TO WIFI

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 SLIM WON'T CONNECT TO WIFI: I bought an Xbox 360 slim used. The Xbox won't connect to my wifi. The Xbox dont show me any wirless, but if I plug the ethernet cable, internet work. What can I do ? Pleas help me...
  10. My xbox slim won't connect to my internet wireless anymore..

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox slim won't connect to my internet wireless anymore..: My xobx slim was working find until a few days ago it just disconnected for no reason really & now it won't at all unless it's hooked up to the modem but, even them the signal isn't that great.....