Skyrim wont play. Own disc, all updated, won't play on or offline

Discus and support Skyrim wont play. Own disc, all updated, won't play on or offline in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Worked fine until updates to console, usually play offline. 1b6605f8-a70a-4e36-9e89-31e990220a2f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KentMN, Jan 23, 2021.

1. KentMN
    KentMN Guest

Worked fine until updates to console, usually play offline.

:)

KentMN, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Daft Badger Win User

problem playing offline

Apart from Skyrim I've played all the games you've mentioned offline myself with no problem at all.There's no reason why Skyrim wouldn't work either as it's not an online only game.

Like I said,as long as it's your home console & set in offline mode then the games should work.

Games like Destiny wont as they are online only games.
  3. Juan Pitre Win User

I can no longer run Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode offline since the last xbox one update. I have the physical disc.

I just tried to play RDR2 offline but it won't even start the game with the disc inside. What happened? Was this from the latest consol update? Someone please let me know a fix. I don't have time to connect to the internet everytime to play offline story.
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Anyone else experience this?

Are you playing your account Offline. If that is the case the xbox.com wont update
  5. Candu Ke Win User

Why is my Xbox choosing game pass over the game disc?

I have to uninstall and reinstall every single time I try to play a disc game. I'll do the uninstall/reinstall, play for a bit, turn the Xbox off, come back later the same day, the same problem pops up and I have to uninstall and reinstall again. I've tried going offline and it still insists that I connect to the internet and restart game pass to play it even though the disc is in the console. It's supposed to launch the game when you insert a disc but it won't do it, it keeps insisting I purchase game pass to play a game I own. This is happening on almost every disc I own. That's excessive, no?
  6. Bearded Goliath Win User

circle in the middle of xbox disk

"ll go ahead and double check this, well just checked with skyrim binged it, went to skyrim with disc in xbox and option right next to play now happens to be install"

Yes, this is INSTALLING FROM THE DISC and NOT "Downloading" the game from the marketplace.

If his disc is ruined, chances are it won't manage to get past the installation.
Thema:

1. Skyrim wont play. Own disc, all updated, won't play on or offline - Similar Threads - Skyrim wont play

2. Creation menu and Anniversary Content inaccessible in Skyrim?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Creation menu and Anniversary Content inaccessible in Skyrim?: I bought the Skyrim Anniversary edition bundle that includes the Special Edition and the Anniversary Edition. But most of the Anniversary content doesn't show up in my game. In the Main Menu, I...
  3. how do i get bethesda.net to show up for skyrim ? It does not show on my xbox s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i get bethesda.net to show up for skyrim ? It does not show on my xbox s: Bethesda.net and also the mods or the legendary stuff is missing fd5454b9-dd6b-418f-84f8-5c31ff84fc21
  4. how to reset load order on xcloud (skyrim)i

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to reset load order on xcloud (skyrim)i: in short, i messed up my skyrim load order by mistake, and accidentally restarted the app. i cant remove the mod that i know is messing it up, so im wondering if xbox can completely wipe my data...
  5. I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...: This is very specific problem I seem to be having so please bear with me. I'm trying to transfer my Skyrim saves from Xbox one s to Xbox series x but apparently it can't connect my Skyrim saves...
  6. Skyrim Creation Club wont download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Creation Club wont download.: I bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition from Gamestop and i had all the Creation Club content before. I downloaded the update and none of my owned creation club content is working. Tried re...
  7. Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC: I know we can now specify where to install games from the Microsoft Store. I know in the past, you couldn't use mods on Skyrim or other games due to them being installed into an encrypted folder....
  8. Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Ed for Xbox specifically for the mods.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Ed for Xbox specifically for the mods.: Now the server is inaccessible and it's telling me I have to sign up for x-twitter be to get any details as to when it will be back up. Is this a joke? Ffs 07b07ba4-424e-428b-82c9-430e9d70551c
  9. Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: I'm trying to download the game, but exactly at 56% with 15.4GB downloaded, the error happens and i can't continue the download. Tried cancelling and trying again, but the exact same thing happens...
  10. I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've tried two different discs of skyrim and my xbox onex wont play them it will play any...: Ive been having problems getting my xbox to play a disc version of Skyrim ive tried two different disc and it wont play it will however other disc. secondary question i had a digital version of it...