Skyrim Language in Xbox PC App

Discus and support Skyrim Language in Xbox PC App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I live in Mexico, My computer had a Windows Home 11 Single Language, so all of the games that I installed were in Spanish from Spain, not a Latin... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Laureano JoséGutiérrez, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Skyrim Language in Xbox PC App

I live in Mexico, My computer had a Windows Home 11 Single Language, so all of the games that I installed were in Spanish from Spain, not a Latin American Spanish. Since I really DO NOT enjoy playing video games in any of the regional Spanish options, much less, Spanish from Spain (it sounds HORRIBLE).

I upgraded my OS to Windows Pro, (which I find ridiculous since in MXN pesos the English package was a difference of arround 10 USD) with the ONLY purpose of playing games in enlgish... and when I re-install the game, the whole UI is in English but the audio is in Spanish (from Spain...), i've already changed every available option to English, my Xbox Account, My Markeplace Region and Langauge, My Microsoft Account Region and Language. I even modifyed the Skyrim.ini file to English... and NOTHING

I've allready installed, uninstalled the game, reset my computar, unsintall and install the xbox app... I just can't get the game audio to be in english.

I seriously do not understand WHY we can't choose the laguange... this is just another bad feature wich prompts me to buy games in Steam and not in Xbox, Im seriously considering on canceling the Xbox Ultimate... its just RIDICULOUS that I had to spend so much money on something so stupid like changing the language in order to enjoy a game,.., WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!

I've seen so many threads about language in Xbox PC app... like seriously do you people even listen to your customers?

The only good thing about this is that now I have an English overlay which is something that I wanted a while back... shame it was around 150 USD which by Mexico Standards is a considerable sum of money...

:)

Laureano JoséGutiérrez, Jul 29, 2022
  2. Francisco Ariztía Win User

Hello,

This worked for me. Thank you very much!
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Laureano JoséGutiérrez Vallenilla,

Just a recommendation, my colleague have series of advance steps you can try that worked perfectly fine with them. The steps below are to rename the English language pack to match the Spanish language pack, which should trick the game to thinking it's opening using a Spanish language pack but the User Interface, subtitles, and audio will be in English because the game is looking for a file name to open the Spanish language and not file contents.

1. Open the Xbox App on PC, navigate to Skyrim page.
    2. Select the Ellipsis to the far right of the Play option.
    3. Select Manage > Files > Browse > "The Elder Scrolls V-Skyrim Special Edition (PC) (or the main file name for Skyrim) > Content > Scroll down until you see Skyrim_Default_es
    4. Right click Skyrim_Default_es and rename to Skyrim_Default_es_main (do not edit or delete this beyond renaming)
    5. Right click Skyrim_Default_en and rename to Skyrim_Default_es (do not edit or delete this beyond renaming)
    6. Run the game, it should have English as the UI, English CC, and English audio.
    These steps may break mods, and the language packs can always be reversed by renaming the files back to their original state (or reinstalling the game):

• Spanish - Skyrim_Default_es
    • English - Skyrim_Default_en
    Hope this help. Have a great day!

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Laureano JoséGutiérrez Vallenilla,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

We understand your sentiment with the Skyrim's language in your PC. This is not the experience that Microsoft wishes you to have. As your support advisor, let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We would like to confirm details regarding this concern, so we may provide you with the right answer.

1. Based on your description, the games you have installed from the time your PC is still on Windows Home 11 Single Language are games with Spanish - Spain language package. May we know if the Skyrim was one of the games you mentioned?
    2. Or may we know if you have purchased Skyrim that supports only English - United States language package to run on your Windows Pro?
    3. May we confirm if you are experiencing same issues with other games?
    4. EDIT: May we know if you are accessing Xbox Game Pass in your current region?
    Spanish would be a viable option in audio if the game was purchased with Spanish - Spain language package. Games may have different features or content depending on the region. As a result, there might be options locked that you may not be able to access. Please let us know the details regarding this purchase and should you have information to add to help us isolate your issue please post a reply.

EDIT: Kindly try to submit a ticket to Bethesda support using this link while I raise your concern to the Internal Support Team: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Bethesda Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Skyrim Language in Xbox PC App - Similar Threads - Skyrim Language App

2. Creation menu and Anniversary Content inaccessible in Skyrim?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Creation menu and Anniversary Content inaccessible in Skyrim?: I bought the Skyrim Anniversary edition bundle that includes the Special Edition and the Anniversary Edition. But most of the Anniversary content doesn't show up in my game. In the Main Menu, I...
  3. how do i get bethesda.net to show up for skyrim ? It does not show on my xbox s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i get bethesda.net to show up for skyrim ? It does not show on my xbox s: Bethesda.net and also the mods or the legendary stuff is missing fd5454b9-dd6b-418f-84f8-5c31ff84fc21
  4. how to reset load order on xcloud (skyrim)i

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to reset load order on xcloud (skyrim)i: in short, i messed up my skyrim load order by mistake, and accidentally restarted the app. i cant remove the mod that i know is messing it up, so im wondering if xbox can completely wipe my data...
  5. I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...: This is very specific problem I seem to be having so please bear with me. I'm trying to transfer my Skyrim saves from Xbox one s to Xbox series x but apparently it can't connect my Skyrim saves...
  6. Skyrim Creation Club wont download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Creation Club wont download.: I bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition from Gamestop and i had all the Creation Club content before. I downloaded the update and none of my owned creation club content is working. Tried re...
  7. Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC: I know we can now specify where to install games from the Microsoft Store. I know in the past, you couldn't use mods on Skyrim or other games due to them being installed into an encrypted folder....
  8. Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Ed for Xbox specifically for the mods.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Ed for Xbox specifically for the mods.: Now the server is inaccessible and it's telling me I have to sign up for x-twitter be to get any details as to when it will be back up. Is this a joke? Ffs 07b07ba4-424e-428b-82c9-430e9d70551c
  9. Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f when downloading The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: I'm trying to download the game, but exactly at 56% with 15.4GB downloaded, the error happens and i can't continue the download. Tried cancelling and trying again, but the exact same thing happens...
  10. I recently bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition online but a lot of the Creation Club content...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition online but a lot of the Creation Club content...: I can see the backpacks and fishing but Goldenhills Plantation and Bloodchill Manor are nowhere to be found on the map. On the menu it states that all Creation Club content is installed. I have...