Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!)

Discus and support Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, My Skyrim cloud saves will not fully download to the console. I was playing it 3 days ago and then one morning is said it was synching with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChrisDuffill, May 13, 2022.

1. ChrisDuffill
    ChrisDuffill Guest

Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!)

Hi all,

My Skyrim cloud saves will not fully download to the console.

I was playing it 3 days ago and then one morning is said it was synching with the cloud. When the game loaded I find I have lost 2 months of gameplay and hundreds of saves. I play this via Game Pass, so obviously I am connected to Live when I play (my console is always online) so this isn't an issue with playing offline or on someone else's console that might cause sync issues)

I have since deleted the local saves (recommended, as it should force all my saves to be downloaded from the cloud) and restarted the console by holding down the power button and disconnecting from the power.

As expected the game then tries to sync with the cloud - it gets to 81% every time and then the sync screen just goes away as if it was all done - and I still don't have my missing saves. It's as though there's a storage limit on the xbox (my HDD is 45% full so I'm talking about an arbitrary limit on the size/number of Skyrim saves?). The only thing I haven't yet tried is either removing my account from the console and/or doing a factory reset on the console.

If anyone from Microsoft is reading - is there a way you can please see if my missing cloud saves are there (I had over 1000 save points - the most recent one I have now is 860). If it is a space management issue that is stopping the remaining saves from being downloaded, perhaps you could remove cloud saves 1-700 so that my other saves can be downloaded?

thanks

Chris

:)

ChrisDuffill, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'm sorry I could not help you even further.

If you need anything else, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Have a great week!
  3. ChrisDuffill Win User

Hi Lucas - thanks for trying to help with this.

I ended up doing the last option and a complete reset. Downloaded Skyrim, opened it, it ran the cloud sync and... still only 840 saves - so I guess (unless someone from MS knows better?) I have lost around 300 saves literally overnight for no good reason!
    The game has been played on Game Pass, so I am certainly online and have no idea why any saves that I made should not have also gone to the cloud. I was literally playing it (and saved many times) the evening before this happened. I'm on a rock solid fibre connection too, and never have any error messages on the xbox about failing to connect etc.

I actually sold my Xbox One yesterday (partly because I can't trust a system that can screw up hundreds of hours of game progress like this - and partly because I was thinking of upgrading the the X - not sure about that now..! Been an Xbox owner since the very first one and never had any issues like this. )

If anyone at MS can please offer to access my cloud storage on the server - please - and see if any of my save games from around 4 days ago might still be there (as my sync seems to complete at 81% - no errors - so I'm still hoping the other 19% is up there)

Thanks againđź‘Ť ,
    Chris
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, ChrisDuffill. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

To retrieve a lost save from the cloud, try to delete the all the game saved data for it to sync again.

- Go to My Games & Apps.
    - Highlight Skyrim.
    - Press the Menu button and select Manage Game and Add-ons.
    - Go to Saved Data and Clear Local Saves.

After that, do a Power Reset on the console, don't wait for the sync:
    - Turn off Xbox and unplug all cables from it.
    - Wait 2 minutes, plug them in again and turn your console on.

After that, press the Xbox button on your controller, and select Settings.
    Navigate to Devices & connections > Blu-ray.
    Select Persistent Storage.
    Select Clear Persistent Storage.

- Then Press the Xbox Button, go to My Games and Apps, select Skyrim, Manage Game & Addons, choose Select all to make sure all available content gets installed.
    - Select Save changes and wait for the content to install.
    - Relaunch the game.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to factory reset your console. If the factory reset doesn't work too, I'm afraid your saves got corrupted on the cloud :(
  5. ChrisDuffill Win User

Thanks Lucas - I called MS and whilst they were very helpful they were only able to tell me that I had saved the game on the date that everything went wrong and that the save represented 24 days total playtime. So, I think they were simply reporting the information about the most recent save - which of course isn't my most recent save (by 300+ saves and two months of gameplay..!)

So, he suggested that it was either a console problem (I guess my actual console may have developed a fault with Skyrim which corrupted the saves to the cloud) or that it would be the developer's issue. I borrowed my son's XBOne and installed Skyrim, it synced with the cloud and yes... only 840 saves. So, I think that's the end of my Skyrim (and Xbox!) journey now. :/

Thanks again for your suggestions đź‘Ť

Chris
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

I believe only Microsoft Xbox Support Team can get this fixed for you. If they can, because I don't know if they have access to the files saved on the cloud (but I think they can access them).

So, if you want to talk to a Support Advocate, please go to:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

Sign in and go to chat with a live agente. They may help you out on this, my friend.
Thema:

1. Skyrim cloud games synced - but not my most recent saves (lost 2 months of gameplay!) - Similar Threads - Skyrim cloud games

2. Creation menu and Anniversary Content inaccessible in Skyrim?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Creation menu and Anniversary Content inaccessible in Skyrim?: I bought the Skyrim Anniversary edition bundle that includes the Special Edition and the Anniversary Edition. But most of the Anniversary content doesn't show up in my game. In the Main Menu, I...
  3. how do i get bethesda.net to show up for skyrim ? It does not show on my xbox s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i get bethesda.net to show up for skyrim ? It does not show on my xbox s: Bethesda.net and also the mods or the legendary stuff is missing fd5454b9-dd6b-418f-84f8-5c31ff84fc21
  4. how to reset load order on xcloud (skyrim)i

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to reset load order on xcloud (skyrim)i: in short, i messed up my skyrim load order by mistake, and accidentally restarted the app. i cant remove the mod that i know is messing it up, so im wondering if xbox can completely wipe my data...
  5. I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...: This is very specific problem I seem to be having so please bear with me. I'm trying to transfer my Skyrim saves from Xbox one s to Xbox series x but apparently it can't connect my Skyrim saves...
  6. Skyrim Creation Club wont download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Creation Club wont download.: I bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition from Gamestop and i had all the Creation Club content before. I downloaded the update and none of my owned creation club content is working. Tried re...
  7. Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nexus Mods on Skyrim Special Edition for PC: I know we can now specify where to install games from the Microsoft Store. I know in the past, you couldn't use mods on Skyrim or other games due to them being installed into an encrypted folder....
  8. Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Ed for Xbox specifically for the mods.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Ed for Xbox specifically for the mods.: Now the server is inaccessible and it's telling me I have to sign up for x-twitter be to get any details as to when it will be back up. Is this a joke? Ffs 07b07ba4-424e-428b-82c9-430e9d70551c
  9. My skyrim crash when I start Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My skyrim crash when I start Cloud Gaming: I cleaned everything, cloud data, saves, Uninstalled three times and nothing works. And I think it's because that some cloud was not totally excluded from the servers even if I cleaned with my...
  10. Xbox Cloud Gaming crash in Skyrim.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Cloud Gaming crash in Skyrim.: Hello. I play Skyrim by Xbox Cloud Gaming and was downloading mods, until the server mods page went off the air and after that the game no longer enters. Whenever I try to start the game, either...