Skyrim (and some other games) on xbox gamepass won't start

Discus and support Skyrim (and some other games) on xbox gamepass won't start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a problem when trying to run Skyrim (never played before on xbox gamepass). I get the first splash screen but the 'signing in' loader... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Misjacamfferman, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Skyrim (and some other games) on xbox gamepass won't start

Hi,

I've got a problem when trying to run Skyrim (never played before on xbox gamepass).
    I get the first splash screen but the 'signing in' loader keeps spinning and nothing happens.

I already did the following steps:
    - restart computer

- stopping gamine services service (via task manager)

- uninstalled gaming services/reinstalled gaming services

- removed account/add account again

- set time sync on (was already on)

- everything up to date (win 10)

please note some games work, just not all the games.

looking into event viewer I see the following error every time I try to start the game:

Faulting application name: GamingServicesTcui.exe, version: 4.66.2206.30001, time stamp: 0x620c1179

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1826, time stamp: 0x299341e8

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000000000034fd9

Faulting process id: 0x57ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d899b743e0c24f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_4.66.30001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServicesTcui\GamingServicesTcui.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 56022acc-9178-4bef-ac1a-d2e7061c01c4

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.GamingServices_4.66.30001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: Microsoft.GamingServicesFT

Seems there's a problem with the gamingservices service.

:)

Misjacamfferman, Jul 17, 2022
  2. Misjacamfferman Win User

Hi,

Thanks you for your quick response.

I did all the steps you mentioned. unfortunately I still have the same behavior.

In event viewer I still see the same error, However, prior to the error I see another error
    It shows a crash in GamingServicesTcui.exe:

Application: GamingServicesTcui.exe

CoreCLR Version: 5.0.1522.11506

.NET Version: 5.0.15

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()

at GamingServicesTcui.ThemeWatcher..ctor()

at GamingServicesTcui.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

--- End of stack trace from previous location ---

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run()

at GamingServicesTcui.App.Main()
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

In this case, would you please try to create another local account on your computer and run the game using this account?

- Press Win+R Keys.

- Type netplwiz and press Enter.

- Click Add button.

- Click Sign in without a Microsoft Account. If you do not see that option, disconnect from the Internet.

- Click Local account if prompted.

- Type the username you want, and the password. You must also specify a hint. Click Next. Click Finish.

Make the new local account an admin account:

- Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Select the Account Owner Name (you should see "Local account" below the name) > Change Account Type.

- Select Administrator, and then select OK.

- Sign in with the new Administrator Account.

After that:

- Go to Start > Type Services > Open it.

- Find all Xbox Services (Xbox Accessory Management Service, Live Auth Manager, Live Game Save, Live Networking Service, Gaming Services). Right Click > Properties > Set the startup type to Automatic. Also Start them.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC. See if this helps and please let me know how it goes.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Formatting your PC may not be necessary. Resetting would be a great idea and it does not delete any file, game or app you have. It just reinstalls the operational system files. Since we already reinstalled the gaming services and the issue was not fixed, maybe this is being cause by a .DLL (library) corrupted file or a system file used by some games.

Do you receive a message showing that the cloud option is unavailable right now?
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

In this case, please try to use the System File Checker and DISM to repair broken, corrupted or missing system files:

Go to Start > Search for Command Prompt > Right Click > Run as Administrator. Run one command at a time:

sfc /scannow
    chkdsk /r
    chkdsk /f
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Chkdsk may ask you to restart your computer in order to be able to run. If that's the case, please restart your computer when you can and it will run before Windows starts.

If the issue persists, please reset your operational system. You will not lose your files, games and apps. It will just replace all Windows system files with new ones so any corrupted file will be replaced.

Please go to Start > Settings (the gear icon) > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC. Choose Get started > Keep your files > Download from cloud > Follow the instructions.

You can also refer to the "Reset your PC" section at:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...
  6. Misjacamfferman Win User

Hi Lucas,

Yes I get your point.
    I tried resetting my PC, but cloud option gives me the message:
    Unable to download, please try Rest this PC using the local reinstall option.

The local reinstall option gives me ' There was a problem resetting your pc - no changes were made' in the recovery menu.

seems both options don't work for me
Thema:

1. Skyrim (and some other games) on xbox gamepass won't start - Similar Threads - Skyrim games gamepass

2. Why cant i get to mods for my skyrim special addition game on my xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i get to mods for my skyrim special addition game on my xbox one: I cant get to mods for my skyrim special addition game, it shows a message starting with a $ but i bought a year subscription card from Walmart 441cf52a-349f-4f3c-997f-886cce1104a0
  3. Why am I missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim from my game library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim from my game library?: I am missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim for my game library. I know I specifically bought both. For some reason I still own the dlc just not the games. I own the "anniversary upgrade" in the market...
  4. my skyrim saves are gone, xbox game pass pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my skyrim saves are gone, xbox game pass pc: İ had to reset my pc to factory settings, and now my skyrim saves are gone. aren't xbox game pass saves are stored in cloud? Can you help me please. 18f3b75d-14cb-4a5f-8f20-04f3baf47d18
  5. Skyrim SE (AE) from the game pass achievements stay locked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim SE (AE) from the game pass achievements stay locked: Game Pass PC does not unlock skyrim achievements. I also waited 72 hours for the achievement to unlock but they the achievement are still not unlocked. I also did not use any mods or commands in...
  6. My skyrim crash when I start Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My skyrim crash when I start Cloud Gaming: I cleaned everything, cloud data, saves, Uninstalled three times and nothing works. And I think it's because that some cloud was not totally excluded from the servers even if I cleaned with my...
  7. I'm playing skyrim on my series x on game pass and it won't let me use mods or creation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm playing skyrim on my series x on game pass and it won't let me use mods or creation...: Why can't I use mods on skyrim on gamepass 6876db3a-b56b-4639-822c-6c717ce19082
  8. Skyrim V using GamePass , ask xbox live login before new game starts and fails on it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim V using GamePass , ask xbox live login before new game starts and fails on it.: I have game pass. After a load skyrim v, and before the new game begins, it asks me to login to xbox live. When I try to login , it saids "can't init session at this moment, try again later..."...
  9. Skyrim Gamepass External Save Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Gamepass External Save Game: Good afternoon, guys. I Was playing Skyrim SE edition on GamePass PC, but it has lot of issues when we get into combat with swords (It does not happen with bows and magic). So, because of this,...
  10. Where I can find Skyrim Screenshots using the Gamepass? I can't find the game file...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where I can find Skyrim Screenshots using the Gamepass? I can't find the game file...: I want to find my screenshots, but I don't know how. e385b3f2-fb34-46f9-a283-d286fe6d39f7