SKYPE Not working, on additional profile

Discus and support SKYPE Not working, on additional profile in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; On my main account, skype loads up fine, however on my secondary profile, everytime skype is loaded it closes and goes back to the main screen. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Philistine1984, Mar 11, 2016.

1. SKYPE Not working, on additional profile

On my main account, skype loads up fine, however on my secondary profile, everytime skype is loaded it closes and goes back to the main screen. I have done a hard reset, uninstalled the app, and it still does not work on my secondary profile. (Secondary
    profile is my fiancee's and she is the only one who uses skype.

Please help

:)

Philistine1984, Mar 11, 2016
  2. Roman Judin
    Roman Judin Guest
    Skype not working

Hello!

Hardware - Xbox One

OS - Windows 10 | v. 10.0.10586.1024

APP - Skype | Release date 2013.11.15

Everything latest version (from official distribution) and belong to one company.

As result it does not work together.

I wasted 2h on skype helpdesk with mixed bot and human responses. I able to run skype after re-installing it (EACH TIME).

Xbox call center does not work including call-back feature,

Please, request this issue to Skype and/or Windows 10 dev team and share with people tracking number. A lot of users would to have Skype up and running and (I believe) will enjoy your test tasks.

Thank you

RJ

P.S.: topic on skype forum is here
    community.skype.com/.../4246727

Roman Judin, Mar 11, 2016
  3. BrianLoesgen
    BrianLoesgen Guest
    Skype not working

Hi:

Skype will not work on my Xbox One. I can use Skype on my PC no problem, indicating the account itself is OK.

Here's what I've tried on the Xbox One:

• cleared persistent storage
    • removed my profile and added it back
    • unplugged Kinect
    • uninstalled and reinstalled the Skype app (twice)
    • Spoken with XBox support, Skye support and Skype Xbox One support
    • RESET console to FACTORY DEFAULTS!!
    None of this has solved the issue. When I start the Skype app, I get the splash screen and the spinning wheel. Then, Skype quits and I am back at the home screen.

Has anyone ever see anything like this, and do you have any ideas of what I could ty next to resolve this?

Thanks,

Brian

BrianLoesgen, Mar 11, 2016
  4. phantom gangsta Win User

Microsoft Buys Skype...

wouldnt skype allow us to have mmo without paying a additional fee?
  5. burntt0ad Win User

Skype Keeps Crashing

same issue for me i cleared my cache, restarted console, and uninstalled skype. it's strange i can start it up but when i chose my profile it crashes.

skype was working just perfectly before the update today. ffs MS always manages to screw something up.
  6. Munstor Win User

Skype is not working

My Kinect is plugged in and functioning correctly and Skype still crashes.
  7. BrianLoesgen Win User

Skype not working

Everything is working properly now. I guess an update must have came down, because I changed nothing.
  8. Munstor Win User

Skype not working

I have exactly the same issue after the Win 10 update. Haven't been able to fix it yet either.
Thema:

SKYPE Not working, on additional profile

1. SKYPE Not working, on additional profile - Similar Threads - SKYPE working additional

2. Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...: I have two Xbox accounts and want to merge both of them to one number to authenticate I don't use Skype is it possible to remove it in use a single number for two accounts so I can authenticate...
  3. Phantom "School or Work" accounts for Skype & Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Phantom "School or Work" accounts for Skype & Xbox: I have recently noticed that several email accounts that were generated by my ISP have mysteriously had Work or School accounts show on my accounts for Skype & Xbox. Has anyone else had this...
  4. Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Camera Kinect não funciona no Skype[Camera Kinect does not work on Skype]: Estou tentando utilizar o Skype no meu Xbox one, maa ao tentar fazer chamada de vídeo aparece a seguinte Mensagem: webcam esta sendo usada por outro aplicativo no momento. Nenhum outro app esta...
  5. Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone is making a terrible noise all the time, others apps ( Skype ) work fine.: Every time I join a party, my microphone is on 'active'. As in I'm speaking all the time ( without me saying anything or even muting my mic on my headseat). My friends say it's an unbearable...
  6. Skype will not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype will not work: Every time I go to Skype on my Xbox One, it takes about a minute to start up the app. After it loads up it asks if my account that is displayed on the TV screen is the one I want to use (which it...
  7. Skype -- Does it Actually Work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype -- Does it Actually Work?: I'm logged in, my account is active, my contacts are there -- everything looks fine. Try to make an audio only call. Call connects, but I can't hear the person I'm calling, and they can't hear...
  8. Mic Doesn't work on skype

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic Doesn't work on skype: Well following the most recent update for skype, when i log on to speak to my friends while we play games, (some are on PC, some on xbox one ect so skype is the best option) i used to call them,...
  9. Skype wont open, "Xbox On" doesn't work anymore, Console boots up way slower

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skype wont open, "Xbox On" doesn't work anymore, Console boots up way slower: So 3 days ago everything seemed fine with my xbox except for The ESO was crashing like 75% time i was playing it, i attributed this to the free weekend play. However, I logged on to skype and it...
  10. I can talk in party chat, Skype and Twitch but it won't work in-game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can talk in party chat, Skype and Twitch but it won't work in-game.: I have the headset that came with the Xbox One and I have updated the controller to the most recent version. Any suggestions? cb25f4c0-ee5d-41b2-86d2-aa96554c9797