Skip Ahead fan noise louder after update

Discus and support Skip Ahead fan noise louder after update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just got a Series X this week, and when I installed Skip Ahead Alpha about 20 minutes ago, the fan instantly started being louder. Even now being in... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Isaaclv, Oct 27, 2022.

1. /u/Isaaclv
    /u/Isaaclv Guest

I just got a Series X this week, and when I installed Skip Ahead Alpha about 20 minutes ago, the fan instantly started being louder.

Even now being in sleep mode the fan doesn't turn off and sounds like i'm playing a game even though it's "off".

submitted by /u/Isaaclv
    [link] [comments]

/u/Isaaclv, Oct 27, 2022
  2. sp2 person Win User

Xbox One X pulsating fans

same issue, pulsating fan noise. Although it's not a loud fan noise, it's a pulsating up and down noise that is more aggravating and seems more distracting than a louder stable fan noise.
  3. SqueakyWheel Win User

Xbox one s fan noise

There's the fan being louder and then there's the noise that it's making in the videos. The noise in the vids do sound like the fan is scraping/hitting against the housing rather than just spinning fast.
  4. Ragnarr90 Win User

Annyoing high pitched noise from fan

Davetron, the noise is there always, but does get quite louder after playing for a while. Its why I can't use the X1 for other than gaming (ironically, considering MS's strategy with multimedia). Watching a BR movie with that noise is just... ugh.

Sigma, I know the PS4 is louder. But I hope the noise won't be as annoying. From what I heard at a friends house on his PS4, its more of a loud fan rather than high frequent buzz. I can live with that. The X1 almost gives me headache after listening to it
    for longer periods. I am sensitive to noise, which is why I don't have plasma tv screens either and I have build my own computer with quiet fans and noise isolating case.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox360 slim Replaced, fan sound

Install your games to the HDD.

The sound you are hearing is not the fan, it's the DVD drive. Some are louder than others. Installing games to the HDD will cut the noise considerably. After a few minutes the disc will spin down.
  6. Unreal Warfare Win User

How silent is the XB1 ment to be?

If the most you can hear is a faint whirring noise when up close I wouldn't worry about it. Fans are quiet, but not so quiet they generate zero noise whatsoever.

Mine makes a little noise, but nothing I am concerned about. My PC is louder.
Thema:

1. Skip Ahead fan noise louder after update - Similar Threads - Skip Ahead fan

2. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240321-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240321-2200): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240319-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240319-2200): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240318-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240318-2200): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240314-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240314-2200): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  6. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  7. New Features and Experiences for skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    New Features and Experiences for skip ahead: New Features and Experiences We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview. Settings – Access Restrictions We have added two new...
  8. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240312-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240312-2200): [IMG] submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos [link] [comments]
  9. Is anyone hearing increased Series X fan noise on Skip Ahead Alpha?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone hearing increased Series X fan noise on Skip Ahead Alpha?: I'm wondering if anyone else has seen an increase in fan noise lately. I tried playing Deathloop on my Series X yesterday but it was unplayable due to the volume of the Xbox fans. Easily as loud...
  10. Regarding the Series X Fan After Shutdown (Energy-Saving/Alpha Skip-Ahead)

in XboX Insiders
    Regarding the Series X Fan After Shutdown (Energy-Saving/Alpha Skip-Ahead): Since the latest update, I noticed the fan is taking roughly 30 minutes to stop spinning after I turn off the console, whereas before it used to take no longer than a minute. The console is cool...