Skin not working on switch on server?

Discus and support Skin not working on switch on server? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on minecraft bedrock on switch and as of recently my skin is not working while on multi-player servers. Usually I would delete my cache and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pupbee, May 16, 2023.

1. Pupbee
    Pupbee Guest

I'm on minecraft bedrock on switch and as of recently my skin is not working while on multi-player servers. Usually I would delete my cache and re-download any addons when entering the server but I have nothing to delete. What other options are there to try and fix this? I don't believe it's a server issue as the majority of players skins are working.

:)

Pupbee, May 16, 2023
  2. Creech [MSFT] Win User

You will need to reach out to Mojang support for this issue, which you can find at the jump: Home | Minecraft Help
  3. LilliumYu Win User

Downloading a photo

You need to make sure the skin size is correct, for Minecraft skins the size needs to be 64×64, not 1080x1080 like you said.

Resize the skin dimensions and it should work :)

Let me know if it works, if it doesn't I'll try help you some more.

BTW- you can check if your skin is working by checking on a Minecraft server (not on your home connection) try playing a Prison servers for Minecraft and check if your skin is visible on there!
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Skin pack, which I bought in marketplace doesn't work on servers. How can I fix that?

Hello АртемАмаев, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Some skin packs may not support multiplayer on servers. Be sure to read the description of the skin pack on the market to confirm if it is compatible with online play. If the package does not explicitly mention server support, it may only work in offline play mode.

Some servers may have restrictions or custom settings that affect the display of skins. Check the settings of the server you are playing on to make sure skins are enabled and allowed. If the server has specific restrictions on skins, you may not be able to use them there.

Best regards.
  5. iTsFx Win User

So on Minecraft I've playing on sootmc and everyone else can see my skin but for me it's a Steve I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it's still dosnt work

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

If you are having trouble seeing your Minecraft skin on the SootMC server, there are a few things you can try:

Make sure that you are signed in to your account: If you are not signed in to your Minecraft account, your skin will not appear. Check to make sure that you are signed in to your account on the launcher and on the server.

Check the server settings: Some servers have settings that override player skins or restrict custom skins. Check the server's website or forums to see if there are any specific rules or settings regarding player skins.

Try a different skin: Sometimes skins can become corrupted or fail to load properly. Try changing your skin to a different one, then back to your original skin, to see if this resolves the issue.

Wait for the skin to load: Sometimes it can take a few moments for skins to fully load on a server, especially if there are many players online. Wait a few minutes to see if your skin eventually appears.

If none of the above steps work, there may be a technical issue with the server or with Minecraft itself. You can try contacting the SootMC server administrators or Minecraft support for further assistance.
  6. John P_14 Win User

Minecraft Help

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Even if you have disabled trusted skins and updated your game, there are a few reasons why your Minecraft skin could not be shown on a multiplayer server. The following are some potential causes and remedies:

1. It's possible that the server you are on is configured to show everyone the default Steve skin because some multiplayer servers have special settings that override the skins of all players. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do to modify this is to switch to a server that supports custom skins.

2. Skin caching: Since your computer may occasionally have an outdated copy of your skin, it's conceivable that this is the root of the problem. You might try emptying the cache for your Minecraft skins to fix this. To achieve this, open the Minecraft launcher, click on "Launch Settings," choose the profile you're using, and then click on "Additional Options." In the "JVM Arguments" text box, enter the string "-Dminecraft.skinServer="https://skins.minecraft.net"; to customize the game's appearance. After making adjustments, start Minecraft. This should require the game to re-download your skin from the server and remove the skin cache.

3. Make sure your skin file is in the right format by checking it. The picture size for Minecraft skins must be precisely 64x64 pixels and must be in the PNG file format. Your skin might not be recognized by the server if it is not in this format.

4. Internet access: If your internet connection is unreliable or slow, the server could be unable to fully load your skin, which could result in it appearing as the standard Steve skin. By joining a quicker or more reliable network, try to improve your internet connection.

I hope this helps you fix the problem so that your skin displays correctly in multiplayer servers.
Thema:

1. Skin not working on switch on server? - Similar Threads - Skin working switch

2. i got my fortnite skins refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    i got my fortnite skins refunded: hello, i got my skins on fortnite refunded by you, i want them back d2be9805-11f3-4e9b-a8d7-9e3c19f35f5f
  3. Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins"

in XboX Insiders
    Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins": I noticed that your Xbox controller lab has one thing in common. Pretty much everything except the controller itself. I would like to see more deeper than skin Deep changes that are customizable....
  4. Skin pack, which I bought in marketplace doesn't work on servers. How can I fix that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skin pack, which I bought in marketplace doesn't work on servers. How can I fix that?: I bought a skin pack called Strangers Biome settlers 3 in the Minecraft Windows 10 edition marketplace, the skins of the pack work offline, but not on the servers, how can I fix that?...
  5. Starfield premium skins works om Xbox but not on my pc and I see it’s also installed on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield premium skins works om Xbox but not on my pc and I see it’s also installed on my pc: I have a gamepass ultimate Buyed the upgrade to premium of starfield I cannot find premium skins on pc On the Xbox it’s ok When I play on Xbox and stop to continue on pc I get the message...
  6. My mc skin won't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My mc skin won't work.: Ok so my issue is that whenever I try loading/changing it from the default it just has the create character button grayed out? And I've noticed as well that I can't access the market place and...
  7. I got a fall guys code for a skin but it wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got a fall guys code for a skin but it wont work: I got a fall guys skin code and went to epic games i typed the code in but it says the code does not exist why is that? 0f5121fe-846e-41db-87c9-3abcc3d5055f
  8. My Redem code Minecraft Earth Skin doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Redem code Minecraft Earth Skin doesn't work: Hello i already redem the code of Minecraft Earth skin but then i check the game i don't find my skin pack , can you help me find out ? my email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  9. Does the code work for EON skin for the Xbox One?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does the code work for EON skin for the Xbox One?: Can you purchase the EON skin for the Xbox One and the code works? 83584441-5ed0-457f-8943-53dd106253ea
  10. Halo Wars 2 Skin code didn't work.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Halo Wars 2 Skin code didn't work.: Hi, I got the twitter code from a while back for the halo wars 2 twitter fight thing I entered it a long time ago and still don't have any skins! I would like to see if this could be rectified...