Single mom buying first Xbox for 8 year old boy; please advise!

Discus and support Single mom buying first Xbox for 8 year old boy; please advise! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! Any advice appreciated for this mom who has never played a video game since Ms. Pacman in the '80's. I want to buy my 8 year old an X box.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElateBicycle288, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Single mom buying first Xbox for 8 year old boy; please advise!

Hello!

Any advice appreciated for this mom who has never played a video game since Ms. Pacman in the '80's.

I want to buy my 8 year old an X box. Trying to figure out difference between Xbox one and Xbox 360?

He plays hockey, so I want to get the Hockey NHL 18. The description says it uses "Creative Attack controls and an all-new Defensive Skill Stick." but I don't see these accessories listed under the Xbox Accessories.

Have no idea why there are (3) NHL 18 either - the Young Stars and Young Stars Deluxe- but that's a whole other discussion I guess.

Any other parts I need to purchase? Best place to purchase?

Thank you in advance!

Sara

:)

ElateBicycle288, Oct 11, 2017
  2. XxDeluxexX65
    XxDeluxexX65 Guest
    Mom of hacked 12 year old disabled boy

Hi all i am the mom of a distressed 12 year old boy that on Friday night had his account hacked. He's autistic and attends a special school his Xbox is a great enjoyment for him. Not only did they hack him they went on to spend £400 on my card in minuets.
    Then when we got his account back today they taunted him with messages and voice messages telling him to join the party if he wanted his money back. Im devastated for him and very scared as to how safe he is now at all playing his Xbox.

On questioning him i believe there were 2 involved 1 talked him into joining the party and the other hacked him a proper little tag team only those 2 and my son was in the party yet only my son got hacked?. Ive never posted on a forum before and I'm unsure
    as to if I'm allowed to post there gamer tags ? If i am can someone let me know I'm more than happy to name and shame them.

I just don't know what to do about it how i keep him safe now? i feel like just throwing the Xbox out altogether but its the only time he talks and communicates with people is when he has that headset on.

Thank you all for listening a very worried mom

XxDeluxexX65, Oct 11, 2017
  3. XxDeluxexX65
    XxDeluxexX65 Guest

Hi thanks all for your replies. I don't understand the difference between hacked phished or what term I'm meant to use. All i know is they got in and it wasn't using a password! as he's under 18 the main account is mine he don't even know his password it
    signs him in automatic. Xbox have removed my card details from the account now but the damage is done.

Im still waiting on the outcome from Microsoft after giving them the profile names and details but heard nothing, at the moment my bank has refunded the £400 that was spent but have warned me without confirmation from Microsoft that money will be removed
    back from my account.

Could anyone tell me how long it normally takes for them to deal with stuff like this? Also where they will contact me will it be my account or sons? On Xbox or via email?? Just getting worried as not heard anything off them since it was reported on the
    4th September.

XxDeluxexX65, Oct 11, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

I would suggest you to check the PEGI ratings of a game before purchasing it for a 8 years old child.

You don't need other accessories other than a xbox console and the controller and as always the best place to purchase the game is the xbox game store

M3tal Daz3, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Ohhhh, thank you!! I had no idea about the ratings. Thanks!

ElateBicycle288, Oct 11, 2017
  6. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Glad to help!

M3tal Daz3, Nov 1, 2018
  7. ElateBicycle288 Win User

Ohhhh, thank you!! I had no idea about the ratings. Thanks!
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

I would suggest you to check the PEGI ratings of a game before purchasing it for a 8 years old child.

You don't need other accessories other than a xbox console and the controller and as always the best place to purchase the game is the xbox game store
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Ohhhh, thank you!! I had no idea about the ratings. Thanks!
    Glad to help!
  10. RedEye Expr3ss Win User

your opinion please

Op, try "Breaking Wind" I'm sure someone will buy that. dragons are for 8 year old boys or poor people who shop at target for dragon T-Shirts
  11. XxDeluxexX65 Win User

Hi thanks all for your replies. I don't understand the difference between hacked phished or what term I'm meant to use. All i know is they got in and it wasn't using a password! as he's under 18 the main account is mine he don't even know his password it
    signs him in automatic. Xbox have removed my card details from the account now but the damage is done.

Im still waiting on the outcome from Microsoft after giving them the profile names and details but heard nothing, at the moment my bank has refunded the £400 that was spent but have warned me without confirmation from Microsoft that money will be removed
    back from my account.

Could anyone tell me how long it normally takes for them to deal with stuff like this? Also where they will contact me will it be my account or sons? On Xbox or via email?? Just getting worried as not heard anything off them since it was reported on the
    4th September.
Thema:

1. Single mom buying first Xbox for 8 year old boy; please advise! - Similar Threads - Single mom buying

2. I'm looking for a single player pc game

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm looking for a single player pc game: Good morning friends I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates Which one do you have to offer me? 875c1e8d-78ec-4cbf-a009-81e24489f9e5
  3. if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it: i have dragonball z kakarot on xbox series x and all my season pass 1 & 2 dlc's are working fine except for dlc5 The 23rd world tournament i go into it but i cant access anything it keeps me stuck...
  4. Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...: Help me I tied to install Xbox application. Also, I applied all below mentioned command on my laptop. My Window11 comes with Home Single edition 23H2 Version. this command applies my laptop and...
  5. Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them: I'm trying create a repair for my controller in warranty and keep getting an error. Virtual agent can't create a call back. Can't actually speak to anyone online and all 3 phone numbers I've tried...
  6. Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account: Hello, I've gotten my son a new xbox for Christmas a xbox series s. He tried to login into roblox just to remember that he had already linked a account to the roblox account. You may say just...
  7. Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account: Hello, I've gotten my son a new xbox for Christmas a xbox series s. He tried to login into roblox just to remember that he had already linked a account to the roblox account. You may say just...
  8. Hello why can i play fornite every single time i try it keeps saying no on all the accounts...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello why can i play fornite every single time i try it keeps saying no on all the accounts...: Hello microsoft, Hi when ever i try to play fortnite on any accounts on my xbox it keeps saying an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live, but i can still play...
  9. dns_probe_finished_nxdomain on every single device my home on home network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    dns_probe_finished_nxdomain on every single device my home on home network.: As the title says, I get this error on every single device in my home IF it's connected to my home network. If I switch my phone to cellular data, not a problem. But on my wifi, Xbox, oculus,...
  10. Single Player question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Single Player question: Apologies as i am brand new to Xbox. I have a Xbox Series S. I currently use it only for MSFS2020 Flight Sim. I dont have or want Multiplayer access I want to buy my first other game - Star...