Single-button pause and play for DVD and Blu Ray

Discus and support Single-button pause and play for DVD and Blu Ray in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the Blu Ray Player app, it would be nice if this was a bit more like most major streaming services, in that you press the A button to pause and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Danielnrg, Oct 29, 2022.

1. /u/Danielnrg
    /u/Danielnrg Guest

For the Blu Ray Player app, it would be nice if this was a bit more like most major streaming services, in that you press the A button to pause and resume video.

I don't know what the limitations are when you're dealing with thousands of different discs with different movies or TV shows on them, but it would be a major quality of life upgrade for the Blu Ray Player app to press pause and play with just the A button.

As it is right now, when in Blu Ray Player you have to press the B button and then the A button to do things like pause, play, change subtitles, etc. It would be really nice if this was all controlled with a single push of the button, similar to how Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Peacock, and pretty much every streaming service out there does it.

Minor issue, but a great quality of life improvement if possible.

submitted by /u/Danielnrg
    [link] [comments]

/u/Danielnrg, Oct 29, 2022
  2. John Dowding Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.
  3. anthony nowlan Win User

Can you insert a disc into the Xbox one while a game is being installed?

I don't own a single Blu-ray. All I own are normal DVDs. Can I play those without an app?
  4. dudeskis01 Win User

i think the xbox one should of went with hddvd as there game disk.

[quote user="RippenHarra"]

[quote user="BreakfastHole"]

i think games will be on dvd . all games will be installed so theres no need for that much space (theres no blu-ray games on PC) and they will save money on production

[/quote]

Games will be on Blu Ray.No need for the space? GTA5 needs to come in 2 DVD's on 360 and so did BF3. PS3 is Blu ray and has no such issues.

[/quote]

two dvds are significantly cheaper then a single blu ray disc. the drive pulls data off both formats at the same speed so that isnt an issue either.

-

neither console is worried about pirating. most of these games are going to require an online check in to play or be played entirely online for both single and multiplayer.
  5. gas passer 7433 Win User

Beta

The menu button on the xbox one media remote does not work in the blu ray app. It will not pull up the blu ray dvd menu. The menu button on the gaming remote will pull up the blu ray menu. Can you notify me when this is resolved. The menu button does work
    every where else except in the blu ray app.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Will the HD DVD xbox360 drive work on the X1?

[quote user="FullHornet"]It makes absolutely no sense why an Xbox One would play DVDs and Blu-Ray's and not play HD DVDs.[/quote]HD DVD and Blu-ray are formatted differently on the disc. Blu-ray players cannot read HD DVDs and vice versa. The exception being
    multi-format drives designed to read both (I have two).

Beyond the physical inability to read an HD DVD in a Blu-ray drive, there's the issue of software. HDi Interactive Format was the standard used to create HD DVD menus and other content on-disc outside of the actual movie files. Blu-ray uses scripts and Java.
    Unless playback software can understand HDi Interactive Format, HD DVD menus won't work and the disc won't play.

If it was possible for Blu-ray players to play HD DVD, people wouldn't be holding onto HD DVD drives.
Thema:

1. Single-button pause and play for DVD and Blu Ray - Similar Threads - Single button pause

2. I'm looking for a single player pc game

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm looking for a single player pc game: Good morning friends I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates Which one do you have to offer me? 875c1e8d-78ec-4cbf-a009-81e24489f9e5
  3. if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it: i have dragonball z kakarot on xbox series x and all my season pass 1 & 2 dlc's are working fine except for dlc5 The 23rd world tournament i go into it but i cant access anything it keeps me stuck...
  4. Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...: Help me I tied to install Xbox application. Also, I applied all below mentioned command on my laptop. My Window11 comes with Home Single edition 23H2 Version. this command applies my laptop and...
  5. Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get through to a SINGLE person to talk to them: I'm trying create a repair for my controller in warranty and keep getting an error. Virtual agent can't create a call back. Can't actually speak to anyone online and all 3 phone numbers I've tried...
  6. Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account: Hello, I've gotten my son a new xbox for Christmas a xbox series s. He tried to login into roblox just to remember that he had already linked a account to the roblox account. You may say just...
  7. Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I have two xbox accounts linked to a single roblox account: Hello, I've gotten my son a new xbox for Christmas a xbox series s. He tried to login into roblox just to remember that he had already linked a account to the roblox account. You may say just...
  8. Hello why can i play fornite every single time i try it keeps saying no on all the accounts...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello why can i play fornite every single time i try it keeps saying no on all the accounts...: Hello microsoft, Hi when ever i try to play fortnite on any accounts on my xbox it keeps saying an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live, but i can still play...
  9. dns_probe_finished_nxdomain on every single device my home on home network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    dns_probe_finished_nxdomain on every single device my home on home network.: As the title says, I get this error on every single device in my home IF it's connected to my home network. If I switch my phone to cellular data, not a problem. But on my wifi, Xbox, oculus,...
  10. Single Player question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Single Player question: Apologies as i am brand new to Xbox. I have a Xbox Series S. I currently use it only for MSFS2020 Flight Sim. I dont have or want Multiplayer access I want to buy my first other game - Star...