since the last xbox gamepass update, deep rock galactic keeps crashing

Discus and support since the last xbox gamepass update, deep rock galactic keeps crashing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since the latest update to gamepass (currently august 14) deep rock galactic keeps crashing to desktop. i have never had the game crash before now. i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by phillipcassells, Aug 14, 2022.

1. since the last xbox gamepass update, deep rock galactic keeps crashing

Since the latest update to gamepass (currently august 14) deep rock galactic keeps crashing to desktop.

i have never had the game crash before now. i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, nothing.

i have a high end gaming pc, so its not a hardware issue, i am assuming this latest update has caused some instability?

does anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it?

:)

phillipcassells, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Yes you may perform the system restore, phillipcassells. From support article: Use System Restore (microsoft.com) - Please know that restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Another troubleshooting suggestion:

May we ask if you have tried In-Place Upgrade? If you haven't please follow the steps below:

[​IMG]

If issue still not fixed, please provide us a list of the games you were having issues with aside from Deep Rock Galactic.

We look forward for your update.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for getting back to us, phillipcassells.

You might have heard about this question, so we would like to ask if you can recall. Did you install any kind of antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer in your PC? Also, is your PC customized or have had recent change on motherboard? Are we part of Windows or Xbox Insider? By the way, are we on Windows 8.1 or 10 or 11?

This next suggested troubleshooting I will be giving could be related to your user profile on Windows PC.

1. Please create a local user profile using this guide: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows (microsoft.com)
    2. Kindly check if you can use Xbox app with no issue and try to launch your games on that profile.
    3. Try to check if you can install app with no issue on Microsoft Store.
    By the way, you may try to check the answers from these threads related to your concern:

Game Pass PC UE4 Crash - Microsoft Community

Error loading Unreal Engine 4/Errore durante il caricamento di - Microsoft Community

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello phillipcassells,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

To answer your question, we might need to check the cause of the issue and perform troubleshooting so let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We understand that you are trying to launch Deep Rock Galactic and is unable to because it crashes. This might be cause of the updates you have installed or software installed that prevent the game to launch or game/Microsoft Store/Xbox app needs repair or the latest update from PC. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we ask when was the last time you have played this game with no issue?
    2. Did you recall installing software like antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer into your computer?
    3. When did you install an update for Xbox?
    4. Are you able to play or launch other game titles?
    We may recommend troubleshooting steps once we have receive your responses to the questions above. For now, you may try to perform this and let us know how it went:

Method 1: Perform Cleanboot - This will starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers or Microsoft related system and startup programs running on the background. That way you will be able to test the game or apps for any interference that could have cause the crash or the game/app issue.

1. Sign into your PC as administrator.
    2. On Windows search bar search for: msconfig
    3. Select System Configuration from the search results.
    4. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click or tick the box for Hide all Microsoft services
    5. Then click Disable All.
    6. On Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, select Open Task Manager.
    7. On Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select one item at a time and then click Disable.
    8. Close Task Manager.
    9. On Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap OK and then restart the computer.
    10. Launch Deep Rock Galactic and check if issue persist.
    To go back to normal boot you may restart computer.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Thank you for your update and cooperation, phillipcassells.

We are glad to know that everything is working now.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Happy Gaming!

Regards,

Thema:

1. since the last xbox gamepass update, deep rock galactic keeps crashing - Similar Threads - since last gamepass

2. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  3. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  4. Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my...: Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my system no good I didn't spend $800 to just have it turn out to be garbage there's only a year and a half old...
  5. Issue with the Elite 2 controller since last update

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue with the Elite 2 controller since last update: I think since the update on 14 November 2023 for the controller, my options button is not working at all. Also, when in the main menu for xbox, if I want to change from one window option to...
  6. Xbox restarting suddenly since last alpha skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox restarting suddenly since last alpha skip ahead update: Since the last update, my xbox blinks and restarts out of nowhere. Anyone else having the same problem? submitted by /u/Mean-Lingonberry5257 [link] [comments]
  7. Since the last update my xbox series s decided to become a plain old xbox one.. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since the last update my xbox series s decided to become a plain old xbox one.. Why?: Hi everyone! Since last update when I try to launch any X/S optimised game I received the error code 0x87e50033. Any other games work just fines. I tried everything mentioned in xbox...
  8. Getting a game error since last windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting a game error since last windows update: So the game in question is Final Fantasy 14, ever since the latest windows update I have started getting Dx11 errors and the game is pretty much unplayable. So I did search for fixes as the Dx11...
  9. Problem since last update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem since last update: Since the last update of MSFS 2020 at the end of June beginning of July I can no longer use the Boeing B787 and B747 the main battery does not remain activated. When I press it activates and...
  10. Fan problem in my Xbox Series S since last update

in XboX Insiders
    Fan problem in my Xbox Series S since last update: Since the last update, the fans in some games are making a high sound and this is weird because my Series S is really silent. In the new A Plague Tale is normal, but in The Witcher 3 the sound is...