Since I had a power cut the xbox series x does not make a power up/down chime

Discus and support Since I had a power cut the xbox series x does not make a power up/down chime in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing on my console earlier today up until there was a power cut, when the power came back I turned the console on with no issues with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Visitor_1651, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Visitor_1651
    Visitor_1651 Guest

I was playing on my console earlier today up until there was a power cut, when the power came back I turned the console on with no issues with the chime a few minutes later the power went again. Once the power came back after the second power cut the console no longer makes the power up/down chime as of right now I have not looked into the settings. Any ideas what I can do?

:)

Visitor_1651, Feb 16, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

How do I get around Offline update when I have no access to a PC?

Okay

Lets actually do this.

Completely power down the console.

Once powered down, hold down the eject and bind (sync) button on the Xbox.

(Do not release these 2 buttons.)

While holding those buttons, tap the power button on the Xbox once to power up the Xbox.

Listen for 2 separate power-up chimes.

A troubleshoot screen should pop up. After these two chimes release the buttons.

On the Troubleshoot screen, select Reset.
  3. DoorlessLion439 Win User

Full shutdown option on Xbox one?

Please explain in more detail what you are wanting to do.
    What i want to know if there's another easy shortcut to power cycle the console without having to press the power button in front of the console for 10 seconds as usual i think the full shutdown option on the settings does a power cycle

Plus does the console also make two chimes when selecting shut down this Xbox rather than resetting the console in the troubleshoot menu it's got four options reset this Xbox, offline update , continue and shut down this Xbox and when i select shut down
    this Xbox it makes two chimes when it's shutting down i don't remember hearing it like that
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Why is my chime setting not there?

It should be in settings/general/volume & audio/additional options & power chime is on the far right.

Thats on a series x/s.
  5. Brebs Win User

Xbox One X seems to get error codes and eventually stops working?

Hi there, thank you so much for posting your findings. I sadly have a machine that started to have intermittent issues and now I get the chime on power-up and almost immediately the power off Chime. Just wondering if your machine ever had this scenario?
    I am in the process of tearing it down.

Cheers,

6. Fewings xD Win User

Just updated my xbox one and now its failing to turn on!

Tried this no luck! As soon as I go to press the power button it tries to play the chime it makes but cuts out... I think the update has bricked it and if that's the case is it down to Microsoft or my warranty cause essentially I havent done anything other
    than update the console
Thema:

1. Since I had a power cut the xbox series x does not make a power up/down chime - Similar Threads - Since power cut

2. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  3. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  4. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  5. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  6. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  7. Apps not installing since today April 10 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Apps not installing since today April 10 2024: I was advised to update the Prime Video and MLB apps, but I experienced infinite loading at zero percent and the following error. 0x87e00017 The games updated and installed. Ports. Ok DNs 8888...
  8. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  9. I'm having issues since the last update (beta)

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having issues since the last update (beta): I am in the beta program and ever since the update I have been unable to join a party it says encountered an error. 0x89240001. When I try invite people to my party it says invite failed...
  10. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3