Signing into a network

Discus and support Signing into a network in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, so I am deployed and the only Internet we have is either hotspots from a wireless provider, or the local WiFi. The WiFi requires that you connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Agent Smith1825, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Signing into a network

Ok, so I am deployed and the only Internet we have is either hotspots from a wireless provider, or the local WiFi. The WiFi requires that you connect to the network, then log in with a username and password through an internet browser (similar to how you
    would connect at an airport, hotel, or fast food place). However, I can't get the Xbox One to connect. When I connect, it claims to be connected to the network, but when I try and open IE it says "Must be connected to a network" (even though it shows that's
    it's connected in the settings.

IDK if there is a future plan to fix this, but I feel like it is something that needs to be addressed. My Surface even automatically opens up my browser as soon as I connect because it recognizes that's what's needed in order to complete the connection,
    and so does my iPod, and even my Android phone. In this modern age, I don't think it's too much to ask that a console could do the same (and if there is a way to do it and I've just missed something, please let me know).

:)

Agent Smith1825, Jan 4, 2014
  2. No connection

Cannot sign into x box live! it says no connection.when going into set up wireless network, there isn't a list to choose from.tried signing in all the codes manually but it just won't connect.help!!!!

SavvyOpossum130, Jan 4, 2014
  3. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    Can't Connect to Xbox Live Account While Offline to Play Offline. (It just now started being a problem)

If you have the most recent update got to settings, network, then select "Go Offline". Try this before signing an account in. Once you go offline there should be no problems signing into your account.

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Jan 4, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Signing into a network

taidara, Jan 5, 2014
  5. XBR Poseidon
    XBR Poseidon Guest
    XBR Poseidon, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Awesome, thanks for the info guys Signing into a network :) I had read something about sharing/bridging a connection, maybe I'll try that too.

Agent Smith1825, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Agent Smith1825 Win User

Signing into a network

Awesome, thanks for the info guys :) I had read something about sharing/bridging a connection, maybe I'll try that too.
  8. XBR Poseidon Win User

Signing into a network

9. taidara Win User

Signing into a network

10. Rm 102 Win User

Xbox 360 freezes when Connecting to Xbox Live

Arrgh!!!!!! *sign* my xbox same thing also since this morining i had post about it but someone delete it, i find when i connect to network and sign in to xbox live it freeze but not sign in to xbox live but still connect to network no problem or not connect
    to network but still sign in no problem.

it only freeze up when both sign in to xbox live and connect to network.
  11. ArbyAverage Win User

Signing to Playstation Network Error

I'm sorry to disturb anyone who attempted to solve this. I believe I just found a solution: I signed in through the the friends tab via Cross-Platform friends. But I'll still let report if something is still wrong.
Thema:

Signing into a network

1. Signing into a network - Similar Threads - Signing network

2. Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.: I’ve been having countless issues trying to play old 360 games on my Xbox x the past week or so. It began with me being unable to even download my account to not being able to connect to Xbox...
  3. Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network: I have an issue where my xbox wont connect to the xbox network and wont sign in to my account. I have searched online and tried everything. I have restarted my console a bunch now and also tried...
  4. Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...: It's Christmas eve, I've been away for months, I dusted it off. It could load disney plus slowly, but everything else, like prime video and Netflix, all games both disc and digital don't work. I...
  5. Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles: Hi Team, This is one of the weirdest issue I've encountered. I am connected to the Xbox Network, Network tests from the console shows I'm connected. I updated a few games without signing into...
  6. Why do I get sign-in network errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign-in network errors?: I bought a brand new Xbox Series X last week that repeatedly has issues signing into (or staying connected to) Xbox networks. No other device on same Wi-Fi network is having trouble. Xbox...
  7. I can't sign in to xbox network on my series s. Use to work, but stop all of a sudden.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign in to xbox network on my series s. Use to work, but stop all of a sudden.: The sign in comes up and keeps spinning till it returns to the previous screen. Tried reseting the console but that didn't help. a2ed0e4c-f362-4df5-922a-2d3d9c457fd0
  8. Xbox Network, re sign in issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Network, re sign in issues: Hi. I am having issues with my Xbox X. My Xbox is connected to the Wifi yet telling me i'm not connected to the Xbox Network. I have restarted console and internet and still not working. I've...
  9. Why can’t I sign in to Xbox network (Xbox live) on my 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I sign in to Xbox network (Xbox live) on my 360: I have my 360 since it came out same with one same with series x and I have never had this problem until last week that I was not able to sign in or connect to live on my 369 or 360 games on one I...
  10. Network and sign in not working with Ethernet connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network and sign in not working with Ethernet connection: A strange issue with my Xbox series X. Sometimes it will be unable to sign in when using a wired connection. If I unplug the Ethernet cable and use wifi then it will sign in and be ok. I plug the...