Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC

Discus and support Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just got my Series X a couple days ago and I'm very disappointed in the audio lag. It's connected directly to my 75" Samsung UHD LED TV via the HDMI... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ferocity02, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC

Just got my Series X a couple days ago and I'm very disappointed in the audio lag. It's connected directly to my 75" Samsung UHD LED TV via the HDMI 2.1 cable the Xbox came with. Audio is then fed to the Yamaha receiver via HDMI ARC on HDMI 2.0 cables (goes thru wall). The lag is worst when set to bitstream. Lag is less but still bad when set to stereo. Xbox throws an error when I try to select 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed even though the Yamaha receiver is fully capable of it. I didn't have any issues with the Xbox One.

My plan is to first replace the HDMI 2.0 cables with 2.1, but I don't think that will help. Then I'll try going into the receiver first then to the TV but I'm worried the receiver will not allow 4K/60Hz and it may increase video latency.

Anyone have a similar issue and found a solution?

submitted by /u/ferocity02
    [link] [comments]

/u/ferocity02, Jun 2, 2021
  2. Red264 Win User

Xbox One X sound to audio receiver

You can buy HDMI ARC converter boxes on Amazon that will enable HDMI-ARC on old sound systems, they are essentially dummy sound systems that pose as an ARC receiver then pass the audio to the sound system plugged in at the other end.

Be aware that HDMI-ARC is no different from optical, it only supports PCM 2.0 (stereo) Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1, thats all you get. If you desire HD audio formats or PCM 7.1 you need a 4K/HDR compatible sound system.

Dolby Atmos is buggy on Xbox because of the way the Xbox audio engine works, MS have an audio upmixer that merges the system UI sounds with audio streams but this does not play well when bitstreaming Atmos. Which on a technical level is handing off the audio
    from Xbox to the sound system to decode so you can see why their upmixer causes all sorts of problems. There really should be a toggle in the audio settings to disable the upmixer (thereby muting system audio) when using Atmos or bitstreaming Blu-ray/Movie/TV
    audio in general.

Atmos is not designed for gaming in short.
  3. chezza16 Win User

Xbox One Sound Lag

I've got the same problem. Xbox one x to LG OLED C9 to Samsung soundbar over ARC. I'm getting video before audio. I've tried all settings on TV and xbox. Looking into this, people on LG forums and Sonos are saying its Xbox at fault anything over Hdmi is
    behind. I don't know if its true but I don't get any audio lag over optical. Just Hdmi.
  4. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox One X and Lg Sk8y soundbar Dolby atmos

5. VirajNirwan Win User

Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

It is connected via hdmi arc directly to the soundbar. arc is just the shortform for HDMI audio return channel.
  6. darren_scott Win User

Astro A40 Headset Game Sound stopped working

If you go to your Audio settings are they set up like this...HDMI audio(off)...Optical audio(Bitstream out)...Bitstream format(Dolby Digital)?
Thema:

Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC

1. Significant Audio Lag: Bitstream over HDMI ARC - Similar Threads - Significant Audio Lag

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  5. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...: I know this isn't a network issue as we have tested the modem connection (both upload and download), and have streamed things from laptops and phones. They don't appear to be the issue. We have...
  8. How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...: I had like 200+ fps on both keyboard and controller. After a major update in the game on controller my fps is like 40-30 but on keyboard in the same update as soon as i touch my keyboard I get 165...
  9. Significant frame drops in FIFA 23 for Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Significant frame drops in FIFA 23 for Xbox Series S: Hi, I've recently bought XBOX Series S and FIFA 23. While playing, it often happens that for a minute or two the game runs smoothly (as in I guess 60 fps, because my TV doesn't run in 120), but...
  10. My Brightness lowers significantly when I open any games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Brightness lowers significantly when I open any games or apps: It worked fine yesterday, there's no new monitor or TV, no new plug ins, no power surges. I'm playing on a TCL TV. I've already hard resetted and nothing changed. Changing HDMI slots on TV doesn't...