Signed into my old account but made a new one?

Discus and support Signed into my old account but made a new one? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I did a factory reset on my Xbox one. Then I tried to sign back in to one of my old accounts when I signed in, I didn’t get my old account back,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kim Haars, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Kim Haars
    Kim Haars Guest

I did a factory reset on my Xbox one. Then I tried to sign back in to one of my old accounts when I signed in, I didn’t get my old account back, instead it made a new Xbox account. How do I get my old account back and all my game progress?

:)

Kim Haars, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This may mean that you're signed in under the wrong Microsoft account, Kim. Our progress is linked to our account itself which means that to fix this issue you may need to check all Microsoft accounts that you own, Kim.
  3. Roosterrock149 Win User

Change/delete Twitch account

I can't sign out either, I signed in on my xbox 360 before I had an Xbox one, and once I got xbox one, I wanted to stream and I made a new twitch account to match my YouTube channel name and because I have long since forgotten the password of my old one,
    but when I got twitch on Xbox one and tried to sign in, I was already somehow signed in on my old one and it wouldn't let me sign out
  4. Jordynry Win User

Can we talk about how stupid it is that I can't link my old Xbox account to my new email?

Well, no, because the Xbox account didn't exist until I made it. I could have used this email as the alias for my old account had I not mistakenly signed up for a new Xbox account with it. I made the Xbox account, so why can't I delete it from existence, and then use this email as the alias for my old Xbox account?
  5. voteDC Win User

Missing saves

From the sounds of it you created a new account for Live instead of promoting your old one.

You promote offline accounts by signing in to it, pressing the guide button (the big silver one) and then choosing the Join Xbox Live option.

If your new account is automatically signing in you can access the old one by again pressing the guide button and pressing X to sign out. You'll now see the option to Sign In and how many profiles there are on your console. Select that option and you should
    be able to access your old account again and promote it to Live access if you wish.

All saves are locked to the profile they were made by, so using your old account is the only way to access that progress.
  6. xI AxeL Win User

I have login problems that are probably easy to fix! Please help!

Btw, the account that this forum was made on is my old one.. I want to be able to get on my new one on the website
Thema:

1. Signed into my old account but made a new one? - Similar Threads - Signed old account

2. Why is all my data gone when I signed into a new Xbox with my old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is all my data gone when I signed into a new Xbox with my old account: My games and data are missing when I try to login c8edef18-52bb-47a9-93cc-020b5ff79bc4
  3. Xbox app keeps signing into old account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app keeps signing into old account.: Hi I have game pass ultimate on my series x and have been trying to log into my account on the pc using Xbox app but it keeps logging into an account I haven’t used in years. Deleting that...
  4. Unable to sign in to my account, no access to email for 2FA and old number on account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in to my account, no access to email for 2FA and old number on account: Hi, I pay £28.99 a month for my Xbox on a 2 year plan and it comes with Ultimate Pass. I'm unable to sign in because I my son kept putting the password in wrong and he has locked all of my...
  5. Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...: I believe my account keeps being compromised by an old phone no. Not sure how because I’ve removed the no. From my account and other devices ddc28e34-05f4-439b-9867-5b42649b8590
  6. How do I sign into a old Microsoft account that I forgot the email to

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I sign into a old Microsoft account that I forgot the email to: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 96cb117c-33fa-44e9-b72c-0e8161395445
  7. How can I sign in to an old account if I don't have the email to received a code or the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I sign in to an old account if I don't have the email to received a code or the...: I just have the user email and gamertag but no the primary email and phone number. fe4c4fbf-96e7-45ee-996e-5d62674373c0
  8. If I don't own my Xbox one and have a Xbox series X, can I still sign in to my old account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I don't own my Xbox one and have a Xbox series X, can I still sign in to my old account?: The only problem is that I no longer use or own the phone number or email address to receive the code to reset my password they are different now. I just have the gamer tag and user email....
  9. I can't sign into my old Microsoft account to log out and unlink so I can link to a new...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign into my old Microsoft account to log out and unlink so I can link to a new...: I've been trying to log into an old Microsoft account, i can't remember what email or password I used, so I can unlink it and use a new Microsoft account. Whenever I try to sign into the new...
  10. What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...: Sorry to trouble you this but it's frustrating my account is not working and I can't recover it 2b29db81-b951-45a1-bc4e-ae9473878774