Shrinkable games

Discus and support Shrinkable games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; on checking out the Mange storage area of options I’ve found that there is a shrinkable games option and a Forza 7 shows that it can be shrunk by 28.6... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MAZ62-15127431-E31A-432A-88F3-B3BA2C633EA9, Oct 25, 2017.

  1. Shrinkable games


    on checking out the Mange storage area of options I’ve found that there is a shrinkable games option and a Forza 7 shows that it can be shrunk by 28.6 GB. Anyone know what’s actual happens if I do shrink?

    :)
     
    MAZ62-15127431-E31A-432A-88F3-B3BA2C633EA9, Oct 25, 2017
    #1
  2. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    New Games

    Uncharted 4 and No Mans Sky
     
    King Tones, Oct 25, 2017
    #2
  3. iwb100
    iwb100 Guest
    New Games

    If you like shooters, try Halo 5. Star Wars Battlefront. Or plants vs zombies garden warfare 2.
     
    iwb100, Oct 25, 2017
    #3
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

    Shrinkable games

    Do you have the download 4k assets option switched on?

    It's in the Backup&Transfer options

    Apparently the main function of shrink option is to be able to delete all the 4k assets to save hard drive space. This is especially useful on the OG xbox One and the Xbox One S as they can't actually use the 4k assets
     
    Malacath, Oct 29, 2017
    #4
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

    shrinkable games

    Hi ChopDaLyricolig,

    Thanks for asking a great question here on the forums. As our Ambassadors have outlined, it is essentially a way to make a bit more storage on your console by removing old add-ons and "shrinking" the space taken up by currently installed (and mainly
    unused) games. If you happen to have an external hard drive, you can also manage the storage on it in this manner as well.

    Here's a great support article about how to enable that: Xbox One system settings.

    Since there is no further information to add and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question
    or thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

    Happy gaming and thanks again for coming to the forums.
  6. AdamKronus Win User

    shrinkable games

    Shrinkable games are games that allow "cleaning and organization" of installed files, reducing the size it occupies on the storage device.
  7. xNikolex Win User

    shrinkable games

    Didnt know this either so its good to know. Ty
  8. darkist1 Win User

    shrinkable games

    As a couple of the others have mentioned, maybe it just strips away the things you dont need. Texture Packs, additional languages, unneeded data that could be streamed from the cloud rather than stored on your xbox.

    Sure would help with the limited space though.
  9. HyperVenom523 Win User

    shrinkable games

    It removes other languages and content not needed for the game
Thema:

Shrinkable games

Loading...
  1. Shrinkable games - Similar Threads - Shrinkable games

  2. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  3. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  4. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  5. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  6. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  7. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  8. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  9. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  10. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...