show offline before I log in online.

Discus and support show offline before I log in online. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so i played yesterday and was shown as online, everyone could see i was online and what i played. I close xbox and go to bed to sleep. next morning as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DOJASH, Nov 26, 2019.

1. DOJASH
    DOJASH Guest

so i played yesterday and was shown as online, everyone could see i was online and what i played. I close xbox and go to bed to sleep. next morning as I want to play, I now dont want anyone to see I am online playing, HOW do I do this ?

cause if i log in to my account, i am directly shown as online and everyone or many get a notice i guess that i am online... so to do this is not good, they see i log in and am online just to next second change my setting to be shown offline.

So can i get around this before i log in ?

and as I understand , if I am really offline, it shows "offline" at my profile.

If I am playing for example fifa and suddenly decide to be shown offline and change my setting to that, then it will say "last seen online 1 day ago in grand theft auto" if that was my last game i played before...

but as decribed above, this basicly tells everyone that as soon as they see this message, that person is online but is hiding offline.

why is there just not a simple box to click to log in as shown offline direct. ???

:)

DOJASH, Nov 26, 2019
  2. XBA_Hype Win User

i understand what you are saying but for now the offline option we have is the only one we have. any ideas for ways xbox can be improved or features that you would like to see in the future are welcomed over on the insiders reddit page - Insiders
    Reddit
  3. slackadelic Win User

My suggestion: Keep your profile set to offline at all times unless you WANT to be shown online. If your profile is set to online, it will always show you online, even if you shut off your xbox then come back, guess what? It'll show you online.

If I don't want to be bothered, I just set it to appear offline all the time.
  4. DOJASH Win User

hi, I think u missunderstood, and same for the other answer I got here.

what I mean is : My account is alwayas set so I am shown online. this is done in settings. then sometimes I change it as i play a game for example if I go AFC to eat or so, then I set it so i am show offline. When I am back from food I change it back to
    shown online again. And since I make these changes NOT in setting menu, but from pressing xbox button and clicking left button to the end so I come to my profile popup window, and change it there, it will take some minutes as I understand for it to go thru...cause
    I know it takes some minutes for others to see it and when other do it it takes minutes fopr me to see their change.

having said that, that is what i think u talked about.

However that was not my intended question, i wonder this :

I am playing in evening, shown online. I go to sleep.

Next morning i wake up, I NOW want to log in and play my game again, BUT, I do NOT want to be shown online. how do I do this ? is it possible at all ? cause as soon as I log in I am shown online, so I need to be shown online to ALL others BEFORE I can go
    to my profile and change it to offline....?
  5. DanMen334 Win User

that's a problem that happens as if it were a bug, but you should still check your privacy settings to make sure it's not a problem on your console
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi DOJASH,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help!

You online status should not change every time you log on to your Xbox One. If you've set your online status to appear offline, then it should always be that way unless you manually change it back to showing online.

Press the Xbox button to pull up the guide>scroll to the left to Sign in>select your profile>Select the status at the bottom and select Appear offline. This should not change no matter where you log in as long as you are connected to the internet and Xbox
    Live as your online status is saved to the cloud and associated with your profile. I can personally confirm that your online status should remain what you set it as not matter how many times you log in.

Go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle to the console.
    Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and wait 60 seconds before turning on the Xbox. Once you are logged in
    check your status as it should still be appearing offline if you indeed set it that way to begin with.
Thema:

1. show offline before I log in online. - Similar Threads - show offline before

2. Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers: Hi, I have a serious issue and kind of a breach of contract. The Show offline mode is directly related to "hiding" offline. The problem is that some games (Neverwinter) Allows followers to...
  3. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  4. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  5. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  6. Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?: Split from this thread. Hello, I've done all the same things suggested, and yet I'm still missing the achievements I should have. My little sister who plays the same game, Five nights at...
  7. Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Offline achievements not showing up / tracking, even when online. How to fix?: In the last few days I've been playing one game, while appearing offline, and then they didn't show up in my recent achievement log, but nowhere else, and wondering why my achievements are showing...
  8. All my friends show as offline every though they are online

in XboX Insiders
    All my friends show as offline every though they are online: I was planning on playing minecraft with friends tonight but on the Xbox app it says all of them are offline. I went into minecraft and it said I had no friends on there and when u tried to join a...
  9. Show offline but online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Show offline but online: All of my friend are online but the game shows that they not online even though they even shows me that they are online. But they see meoffline, and i also see them offline on Call Of Duty. I'm...
  10. Why does it show that I'm online when I'm offline

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it show that I'm online when I'm offline: For some reason yesterday it showed that I was online untill 3 at midnight when in reality I got off way sooner that that (8:45) idk if this is a glitch or someone else that I don't know of has...