Shouldn't XBox Live Gold Benefits Extend to Accounts Within Your Family?

Discus and support Shouldn't XBox Live Gold Benefits Extend to Accounts Within Your Family? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've an XBox Live Gold account and I saw this morning while using my own account that they were selling VC for NBA 2K15 at a discounted rate for XBox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JamesForney, Feb 13, 2015.

1. JamesForney
    JamesForney Guest

I've an XBox Live Gold account and I saw this morning while using my own account that they were selling VC for NBA 2K15 at a discounted rate for XBox Live Gold members. My boy always asks for some XBox stuff to make his various teams better nearly
    every Friday evening so I made mental note to try to sell him on NBA 2K15 VC tonight on account of the discount. In order for my son to get the VC, however, we need to be in his account but as long as we're in his account we're not seeing the Xbox Live Gold
    discounts that I saw this morning using my own account. If we switch accounts to mine I see the discount again.

That can't be how it's intended to work can it? Certainly a family isn't supposed to purchase an XBox Live Gold account for every member of the family, right? I'm afraid if I purchase that VC under my own account, only my account would have the VC within
    NBA 2K15.

Can anyone confirm for me if this is typical behavior for Xbox Live Gold or is something abnormal going on?

:)

JamesForney, Feb 13, 2015
  2. AvalonX
    AvalonX Guest
    Xbox One: Sharing Digital Games and Gold

Looks like Microsoft has released additional info on how the Xbox One Digital sharing will work when the system launches. Little change up, but its interesting their is no mention of Xbox family share. Guess you have to be logged in at a friend's house.

Via: Xbox Wire

AvalonX, Feb 13, 2015
  3. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    xbox "home gold" share Xbox One's premium features

Kinda sounds similar to the family share just a little tighter on the digital game sharing. It seems their may be a tier system for Xbox subscription so if your only using the TV & Netflix side it may be cheaper than the full gold package. Only time will tell at this point.

via:'NBC News

sc_shark, Feb 13, 2015
  4. KermitDFrag
    KermitDFrag Guest

That is typical behavior for Xbox Live.

It works like this. As an Xbox Live Gold member you designate an Xbox as your "Home" system. Your account is tied to this system. Anything you download to that system can be used by anyone else on that system. Whether you're logged in or not.

You can also log into any other Xbox, that is not your "home" system, using your Xbox Live account and see all of your digital content, but once you log out, no one else can use that content.

I don't play NBA 2K15, so I'm not sure what VC for NBA 2K15 is, but if it works like normal content, you would download on your account and he could use it.

If you want purchases for him to stay with his account, you'll have to make the purchases with his account. That means in order to get the discount, he'll need a Gold account.

I hope that helps.

KermitDFrag, Feb 14, 2015
  5. Smwutches Win User

Family Pack X-box live queries?

Yes, it's possible:

Q: Can I add existing Xbox LIVE Gold members to my Family Pack? For example, my kids are already Xbox LIVE Gold members.

A: Yes. When an existing Xbox LIVE Gold member is added to a Family Pack, the remaining time on their Gold membership benefits the whole family! For every two months remaining on their current Gold membership, the entire family receives an extra month of
    Xbox LIVE Gold. For example, if your child has six months remaining on their existing Xbox LIVE Gold membership, when you add him/her to your Family Pack, all four of the individual Xbox LIVE Gold accounts available in your Family Pack will be extended by
    an additional three months. If you have two children who have four and six months of Gold remaining, respectively, on their existing Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions, all four of the individual Xbox LIVE Gold accounts available in your Family Pack will be extended
    by an additional five months.

You can find more information here -
    www.xbox.com/.../FamilyPackFAQ
  6. KermitDFrag Win User

That is typical behavior for Xbox Live.

It works like this. As an Xbox Live Gold member you designate an Xbox as your "Home" system. Your account is tied to this system. Anything you download to that system can be used by anyone else on that system. Whether you're logged in or not.

You can also log into any other Xbox, that is not your "home" system, using your Xbox Live account and see all of your digital content, but once you log out, no one else can use that content.

I don't play NBA 2K15, so I'm not sure what VC for NBA 2K15 is, but if it works like normal content, you would download on your account and he could use it.

If you want purchases for him to stay with his account, you'll have to make the purchases with his account. That means in order to get the discount, he'll need a Gold account.

I hope that helps.
  7. HassanB Win User

XBOX Family Pack

No, the Xbox 360 will require each person to have their own account if they wish to play on it. It's listed at the bottom of that FAQ linked above.

"**Home Gold benefits limited to a single, designated Xbox One console in Gold member’s home; restrictions apply. Some Gold benefits cannot be shared; features and requirements subject to change. See www.xbox.com/live."

Also, to the OP:

If you’re set to auto-renew before your membership is converted (assuming here this will be if your account auto renews before August 27th 2013), you’ll still auto-renew into an Xbox Live Gold Family Pack, and your Gold Family Pack accounts
    will convert to individual Gold memberships at a later date.
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

XBOX Live Family/Home Gold changes

If you are going the Xbox one route then the good news is that a single Gold membership covers multiple accounts. The change to the family pack only affects the Xbox 360. Not good news if you don't plan on getting the new console though.

-

news.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-digital-games-and-live-gold

-

At E3 this year, we briefly highlighted a new benefit we’re bringing to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One. We’re calling it Home Gold. It will enable any Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox One to extend many Gold features to others at no additional cost. One
    Xbox Live Gold account delivering great benefits to everyone in the home.

Here’s how Xbox Live Gold members can extend Gold benefits including multiplayer gaming, Game DVR, SmartMatch and access to entertainment apps and experiences, including The NFL on Xbox, Skype, Internet Explorer:

At home. You can set up your console at home so that anyone who uses that console will enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps – even if you are not home or logged in.

On the go. You can log in at a friend’s house and everyone there can enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps while you are logged in.

At Home with Xbox One

If you’re an Xbox Live Gold member, an unlimited number of people can enjoy many benefits of Xbox Live Gold while they are using your Home Xbox One console. Friends and family will simply create their own account and gamertag and be able to enjoy Xbox Live
    online multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps.

Friends coming over to play? No problem. They can log in with their own gamertag and play online multiplayer. Even if you sign off, your friends and family can enjoy multiplayer gaming while they are playing on your Home Xbox One console.

At a Friend’s House with Xbox One

On Xbox One if you are an Xbox Live Gold member, you will be able to go to a friend’s house and play co-op multiplayer– even if your friend is not a Gold subscriber. Once you log in with your Xbox Live Gold account, everyone using that console can access
    multiplayer and entertainment apps for as long as you are logged in.

At Home with Xbox 360 and Xbox One

If you are an Xbox Live Gold member today, you are already set for Xbox One. Your Xbox Live Gold membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly become an Xbox Live Gold account on your Xbox One and you will be able to enjoy Xbox Live Gold features on either console.
    You can even be logged in to Xbox 360 and Xbox One at the same time. Home Gold benefits are exclusively for Xbox One.

What Home Gold Means for the Xbox One Experience

With Xbox One everyone in your home has a personalized account, which will enable powerful and personal experiences, and that’s one of the reasons why we wanted to create Home Gold. It means that your account and your gamertag are truly yours. You don’t
    have to share your gamertag for multiplayer gaming with others in your home, or see recommendations for your kid’s cartoons next to the recommended first-person shooter for you. It also means that you can introduce new games and enjoy multiplayer with friends
    while they are at your house. Last but not least, it also means that when you buy one Xbox Live Gold membership, multiple people can enjoy the best benefits of Xbox Live Gold on your Xbox One at no additional charge.
  9. LandForGames Win User

Subscription sharing and games between two consoles - Partage d'abonnement et jeux entre deux consoles

As an xbox live gold
    subscriber, you can share the benefits of xbox live gold with others while they're
    using your Xbox One console in your home. Friends and family can simply create their own account and gamertag on the console, which gives them the ability to enjoy Xbox Live online
    multiplayer gaming.
Thema:

1. Shouldn't XBox Live Gold Benefits Extend to Accounts Within Your Family? - Similar Threads - Shouldn't Live Gold

2. Shouldn't it tell me what message it was?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Shouldn't it tell me what message it was?: So i got a suspension recently because of messaging and it's telling me there are no details for what message got me suspended. That's the thing! If i get suspended for messaging shouldn't it tell...
  3. Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?: I mean unless I want to play online or update my games I should be able to play them still if someone decides not to pay the Internet bill! With this new way to buy games I've got to pay monthly...
  4. I need my account fixed i shouldn't be punished for this it's messed up

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need my account fixed i shouldn't be punished for this it's messed up: I need my account fixed I should not be punished for something not my fault I have video evidence and I am disabled of a man named Phillips instructed me to post in the looking for groups for my...
  5. How can I repeal a 2 day ban for saying some banter that shouldn't be anywhere near...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I repeal a 2 day ban for saying some banter that shouldn't be anywhere near...: Switched from ps4 to Xbox and sent a message of banter the other day to clarify I said [mod removed] and purposefully abbreviated so I could defend my case if Xbox got their meat crevices hurt...
  6. hello, I purchased minecraft bedrock edition in the past. shouldn't I get minecraft java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello, I purchased minecraft bedrock edition in the past. shouldn't I get minecraft java...: hello, I purchased minecraft bedrock edition in the past. shouldn't I get minecraft java edition if I have bedrock. ab1d6da2-d50c-4e39-84da-13eaa3d5aa20
  7. I got comms banned for something I shouldn't have been banned for

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got comms banned for something I shouldn't have been banned for: I was speech banned after messaging a fellow 2k player that "he needed to start stroking them wide open shots" this is a reference to nba 2k 23 nothing sexual or anything like that please reverse...
  8. Series X shows controller connected when it shouldn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X shows controller connected when it shouldn't.: My xbox series X is showing that a headset is connected when it isn't. When I plug my headset in it shows as disconnected. This only happens when I use the official controller that came with the...
  9. Xbox live shouldn't need windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox live shouldn't need windows 10: We have an xbox one and used to have an xbox 360 so we have used them for a while. We do not have windows on any of our family computers. We pay for xbox live. I like to upload screen shots...
  10. Playing co-op games which shouldn't require xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing co-op games which shouldn't require xbox live.: My husband and I play co-op games, which should not require xbox live. We are having a hard time logging both players without it switching the second player to the first player spot and kicking...