Should YouTubers pay game developers?

Discus and support Should YouTubers pay game developers? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Well I don't think that people who review the games on Youtube should pay, but the people that play them beginning to end should....at least a little... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brandiesel1, Jun 24, 2014.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Well I don't think that people who review the games on Youtube should pay, but the people that play them beginning to end should....at least a little especially if they don't have any commentary.

:)

brandiesel1, Jun 24, 2014
  2. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    youtubers

They get free stuff by being Youtubers and Gaming publications..........

(most youtubers and gaming sites pay for the equipement) (games are another issue)

Advertising and making money for each other helps a bit too Should YouTubers pay game developers? :)

Why not ask your favorite youtuber or gaming site that question????

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

BongKaos, Jun 24, 2014
  3. anonimusGM
    anonimusGM Guest
    youtubers

how youtubers and gaming websites get free consoles

anonimusGM, Jun 24, 2014
  4. Should YouTubers pay game developers?

"You aren't allowed to have "Lets Watch" videos on YouTube. Where you add your own commentary over an entire movie" Except Fair Use says thats okay.

"The person from the OP isn't saying ban Lets Play videos. Just that if you make money from them, then pass a portion of that onto the people who actually made the game." Why are they entitled to anything? It's not copy-right infringement, so it's fair game.

Pyramid Head15, Jun 24, 2014
  5. Fair use allows you to use a portion of a work to make a point or example. It doesn't allow you to use the entire thing.

You would not be allowed to put a whole movie up on YouTube regardless of whether you put a commentary over it.

So why should putting a whole game on Youtube with your own commentary be any different?

Agent Monaghan, Jun 24, 2014
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I don't think reviewers should pay, but people the put up the entire game should especially if they don't have any commentary.

7. chemicalsora
    chemicalsora Guest
    Reviews, montages, or any sort of derivate work shouldn't be up for developer compensations. Let's Plays, however, should have a percentage paid to the developers who made the game he's presenting.

chemicalsora, Jun 24, 2014
  8. Should YouTubers pay game developers?

What exactly are the YouTuber's paying for? I think PewDiePie is an annoying twit but if I'm a developer, especially a small one, he's the first person I'm giving a copy to. Dude has 27 million subscribers. That's a lot of FREE exposure for my game. How
    are you guys even comparing a movie to a game? A movie is a visual medium. The only difference between paying to see a movie or watching the full version on YouTube might only be the visual quality. Either way, you still get the experience. Video games are
    an interactive medium. Watching a game and playing a game are 2 entirely different things. I've watched thousands of YouTube videos for gameplay and never once did I say "Yep, I've completely absorbed that experience. No need to bother playing this game anymore."

XxNappyDugoutxX, Jun 24, 2014
  9. "You would not be allowed to put a whole movie up on YouTube regardless of whether you put a commentary over it." Not only do I disagree with that but if they have an issue wit that they should have an issue with Mystery Science Theater.

Pyramid Head15, Jun 24, 2014
  10. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    In my opinion NO. Someone streaming a game or putting ganeplay footage of a game up on YT is free advertising for the developer/publisher.

And you cant compare a movie on YT to a game. The only reason any developer ever lost money from a YT video is because their game sucked. Movie studios would lose millions if people just uploaded films to YT. Movies arent interactive like games.

x24hrs2livex, Jun 24, 2014
  11. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    [quote user="xNappyDugoutx"] I've watched thousands of YouTube videos for gameplay and never once did I say "Yep, I've completely absorbed that experience. No need to bother playing this game anymore."[/quote]

You'd be surprised how many people do just that though.

12. The reason for the comparison is simple.

You are to a very real extent watching a movie of the entire game with someone talking over the top of it.

Both are passive experiences to the viewer. Yet folk are willing to say one shouldn't be allowed but the other should and the publishers/developers should be grateful for it?

Agent Monaghan, Jun 24, 2014
  13. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Why be jealous of this guy and PLEASE don't try to pretend that you are not.

Azrael008uk, Jun 25, 2014
  14. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    The only thing I could be jealous of him about is the bankroll he is getting, and that amazingly beautiful girlfriend he has. 99% of the gaming YouTubers I come across all seem to cater to the 12 yr old boy market. The humor is drab and repetitive slapstick
    type stuff and we're 5 seconds away from fart jokes. I'm looking at you, Tobuscus!

On topic: No. As 24hrs alluded to, it isn't like these guys are in direct competition with video games. In fact, they probably propel sales of the games they are playing. I'm sure game developers realize this, but everybody wants a slice of the (pewdie)pie.

Eggnogga, Jun 25, 2014
  15. CODukes4
    CODukes4 Guest
    I'm not sure how they would implement it but I would like to see the developers receive 5-10%.

Developers work hard to make games.

In the end sometimes they have to sell out or make a game exclusive to finish funding. I wish there was a way for developers to make more money off of their games with out micro-transactions or taking it out of our pockets....and now there is.

People like tmartn who make a healthy living off of developers content should have a portion of the money they make go to the devs. To make it worse tmartn makes a living off of exploiting the game and ruins the community imo.

CODukes4, Jun 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Should YouTubers pay game developers? - Similar Threads - Should YouTubers pay

2. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  3. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  4. Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?: There’s a series s with 2 memory card and 2 controllers but it’s cheap to get but there’s a series x going for 300, would getting the series S be worth to get rn? submitted by...
  5. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  6. overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud

in XboX Insiders
    overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud: overwatch 2in xbox cloud could be so usefull submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Low_965 [link] [comments]
  7. My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?: My keys continue to press after I stop pressing them. It's not physical (They aren't literally sticking down). But it continues to press in a game or whilst I'm typing. I've tried different...
  8. My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?: I turned on my xbox and just reliazed that the power button is not on even though I didint touch the settings. I cleared the area as I just moved it from one from to another. [img]...
  9. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  10. How long should a repair order take to complete?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long should a repair order take to complete?: I have sent my Xbox controller in to be repaired as the things can't last more than 6 months. It's been at the service centre for 10 days now and typically it has been quicker than this for me....