Should I turn off game mode when using a streaming service app?

Discus and support Should I turn off game mode when using a streaming service app? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Title. The console or TV doesn't do it automatically. Should I do it manually every time for a better experience? be94076b-2500-437e-b1d6-38e5504001ae Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by toring1520, Mar 20, 2023.

1. toring1520
    toring1520 Guest

Title. The console or TV doesn't do it automatically. Should I do it manually every time for a better experience?

:)

toring1520, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi toring1520,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you want to know the benefits of game streaming mode on Xbox console.

We want to share with you some articles regarding on how to manage Game streaming on Xbox console. Kindly check if this can provide you the information that you wanted.

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Yes you should turn it off, because all the things that disables for your gaming is what makes movies look better
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi toring1520,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series X and TV LG Oled C1

...but it's only happens when I use this app from Xbox, using native apps from TV this don't happen. What I can do?
    Sounds to me you have VRR enabled. Variable Refresh Rate works great in games, it's not so good with TV/movie steams or playing Blu-rays and DVD's. You'll either need to turn it off on the TV or the console before you stream or play BD or DVD discs on the console.

If it's not a VRR issue it maybe the TV's game mode. Again, great for games, not great for video playback. You can get judder when watching movie streams with Game Mode on.

Variable Refresh or Game Mode won't be running on the TV with the built in Smart Apps. Indeed, the smart apps should already be pre-configured for the best playback on your TV (i.e., no judder)
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Netflix won't work after streaming.

So just that I understand your set up completely:

You do NOT use the Xbox internal Mixer app for streaming? You have your PC do all the streaming, meaning you plug in the HDMI Out of your console to your Capture card and the PC streams everything from the Capture Card, right?

Then you turn off the console (do you turn it off into "Power saving mode", or "just" into standby with "Instant on mode), and swtich the HDMI cable to your TV right?

I'd assume the following:

In order to watch streaming video like from Netflix and the likes, your TV and Xbox have to do a HDCP Handshake to establish an encrypted video data stream via the HDMI cable.

If you switch the cable while the console is in "Instant On" mode, or the TV is already running, it might be that the HDCP handshake fails, and the Netflix app blocks video output to your TV, as it can't guarantee that the connection is encrypted between
    console and TV.

Can you try the following when you have finished streaming:

Turn off the console by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds. Make sure your TV is off as well (normal standby should be OK). THEN switch the HDMI cable from your capture card to the TV. Only then turn on the console and TV and start launching
    the Netflix App.

Additionally: Is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program?
Thema:

1. Should I turn off game mode when using a streaming service app? - Similar Threads - Should turn off

2. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5
  3. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042
  4. Any Microsoft teams reading this,you should turn Xbox community section into a full blown...

in XboX Insiders
    Any Microsoft teams reading this,you should turn Xbox community section into a full blown...: Allow us to post more then just our gaming clips let us go live, post pictures,stories and status updates within the Xbox app and console, the community section is very limited to post what I...
  5. Should I keep my Xbox connected to wall socket even after I turn the Xbox off ???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I keep my Xbox connected to wall socket even after I turn the Xbox off ???: Hello I have a series s . Should I keep thexbox connected to wall socket even after I turned the xbox off. Completely or should I take out the plug???I hear very light hum sound from the exhaust...
  6. Should I turn this off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I turn this off?: So when I was using the daulsense controller the vibration was super strong the daulsense controller vibration is strong depending on the game I was playing dirt 5 and paused the game and realized...
  7. Should I turn my xbox of at the switch/outlet once its been powered down (energy saver mode)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I turn my xbox of at the switch/outlet once its been powered down (energy saver mode): Once I've powered my xbox down (which is in power saving mode) I turn the switch/outlet off too, is this okay to be doing ? a4da36c6-eb8a-4838-914f-075e183e8f0c
  8. Xbox Remote Play should not turn on the display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play should not turn on the display: Why the console turns on the display via IR signal or HDMI-CEC while remote playing? I, and whoever play remotely, am not in front of the TV/Monitor so what is the point of turning on the...
  9. My Xbox one won't turn on and if it does it stays on for 10min then shuts off should I get...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one won't turn on and if it does it stays on for 10min then shuts off should I get...: My Xbox one won't turn on and if it does it stays on for 10min then shuts off should I get a new power brick? I have done all the steps 833dd810-f188-4c93-b077-86c4f155ba0e
  10. Xbox should add a feature where you can turn down certain people in a party especially when...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox should add a feature where you can turn down certain people in a party especially when...: submitted by /u/Art_mixup [link] [comments]