Should I replace the fan?

Discus and support Should I replace the fan? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok I have searched the post with no success here's the problem my Xbox runs just fine at first then after a couple hours of playing Elder scrolls... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Franklin Orr, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Franklin Orr
    Franklin Orr Guest

Ok I have searched the post with no success here's the problem my Xbox runs just fine at first then after a couple hours of playing Elder scrolls online I notice my audio gets laggy then I try to pull up my Xbox home screen but will not work then everything just freezes up and I end up having to power cycle the console but even then takes longer to restart if I do catch it before major issues home screen is very sluggish and slow to respond and outside of case feels hotter than normal up until now I've played games for 10 to 12 maybe even 24 hours straight with no issues and I've checked internet and am getting about 700 mb down and up with 42 sec ping 0 latency ,and cleaned out dust but not much as I keep compressed air and blow out at least once a month I've tried resetting mac id. also tried uninstalling and reinstall also checked for updates. If I let it set for a while the I can continue to play for another couple of hours and it happens again. Other than buying external fan or replacing internal fan I'm out of ideas any help please.

:)

Franklin Orr, Feb 13, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Elder scrolls has dedicated support you can find here. Hardware failures usually manifest quickly ansd your symptoms point more to a memory leak than anything else in my opinion, which is all software based

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

We cannnot advise you on self repair

Do not use any kind of supplemental cooling in any Xbox. They are designed to cool themselves and you can actually interfere with it
  4. Franklin Orr Win User

We cannnot advise you on self repair

Do not use any kind of supplemental cooling in any Xbox. They are designed to cool themselves and you can actually interfere with it
    How about any other suggestions as to what i might try before sending it off for repair
  5. SNIPER NOC Win User

Justin Beiber Game

Should be like Zombie Gunship.

Just replace zombies with Bieber fans.

Blow'em up with 40mm BOFORS shells.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Xbox fan replacement

We can't advise you on how to self repair your console. I would suggest calling to see the price of repairs through Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Should I replace the fan? - Similar Threads - Should replace fan

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  4. Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?: I have had my Xbox for a while now and noticed that the sides of the box are heating up and getting hot when playing. The fan works fine and is blowing hot air out but the box is still heating up....
  5. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  6. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  7. Some ideas that xbox should have

in XboX Insiders
    Some ideas that xbox should have: So basically i’m a streamer and i can’t afford a pc but i can afford a xbox and i want 2 features that could help all xbox streamers a lot! Add streaming studios like OBS, twitch studio, &...
  8. I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?: Long story short, I went to get up think my water cup was empty but it turned out it had water in it. In which the water got into the consoles fan or vent area and on surface of the console, it...
  9. New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming: Me personally I think that xbox cloud gaming has done a good job bringing all the 2024 version of sports games back, but we need mortal kombat 1. I feel like it is essential to back the classic...
  10. should i replace my one s for the one forza edition?

in XBoX on Consoles
    should i replace my one s for the one forza edition?: ive been thinking to get myself the one forza edition from my one s am i basically downgrading or does the forza edition one have better specs than the one s? 774e869d-da6a-4f8b-8f44-500c40ca3881