Should I just quit buying xboxes ?

Discus and support Should I just quit buying xboxes ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Idk I have had nothing but bad experiences with xbox consoles since the 360s came out. I have been loyal to this brand though. My original xbox was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EVOL ROAMS, Dec 28, 2015.

1. EVOL ROAMS
    EVOL ROAMS Guest

Idk I have had nothing but bad experiences with xbox consoles since the 360s came out. I have been loyal to this brand though. My original xbox was great no problems but ive gone through so many 360s just because the disc drive always dies. Then I buy the
    dumb extended warranty and the thing dies right after. My star wars 360 did the same thing. Happened to all 7 of my 360s. Then I pre ordered the day one Xbox one. The *** kinect died but I couldnt tell what was wrong so I sent the whole thing in. They never
    gave me back my original box, they swapped my console with one that wasnt mine (always make sure to read the microsoft fine print) and the case was all scuffed and crappy looking. I took pics and tried to contact ms support but nothing ever came of it. They
    do factory resets so no game saves and had to spend forever re downloading all games and apps. When it was returned they stated it was just the kinect that needed repair.........if thats the case why did they send me a different console with none of my stuff
    and keep my OG box?... So if that wasnt enough I thought the new design of the disc loader would have less issues. My sony car cd player is a front loader and ive had that thing for 11years no issues. Well sure as hell the *** thing started having disc read
    issues right after it was out of warranty. Im an adult, I dont take my consoles anywhere, they sit in an open air environment, I run an air filtration system, I dont smoke, I dont have a ton of cash or time so I only had like 5 actual disc games and I didnt
    swap em all the time I usually played digital, I had a seperate blu ray player I never used the XBox one for blu rays but I should have been able to. I just had a feeling from past experience it would be an issue. I have a lot of xbox friends who have the
    same issue. Ultimately I sold the *** thing as quick as I could b4 the drive was totally dead and useless. Im mad......I loved my xb1. When are you guys going to make a good, long lasting disc drive and how much if a premium will I have to pay? You finally
    made a good controller but when will we get the disc drive we deserve for the $500 console we buy? All my friends told me to wait until the bugs were worked out cause the 1st gen 360s had nothing but problems. So here I sit with cash in hand wanting to buy
    another xb1 but ti dont want to lose hundreds again on a defective product. I dont like playstation........or nintendo......and pc gaming was way too expensive.......so where does that leave me. All I want is the functional, lasting Xb1 console I feel I deserve
    for paying that price tag.

:)

EVOL ROAMS, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Buying a movie and Its not there.

So I bought the movie Finding Nemo SD and now Its not there just the option for buying the HD version. Should i quit buying xbox movies? or is there a way to get my movie back.

polevaulterguy, Dec 28, 2015
  3. BahamutBBob
    BahamutBBob Guest
    Poker Night 2 out tomorrow.

I like how it's $5 on Steam, but $10 on Xbox Live.

Chances of me buying this just went down quite a bit.

BahamutBBob, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Should I just quit buying xboxes ?

RobertBuckalew, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Your having the same dilemma as me. I finally chose to move on and buy a PS4 mainly for my kids. My husband works in the gaming industry and actually worked for Microsoft Gaming Studios when the first Xbox came out. Because of that we have been very loyal
    to the Xbox brand. We have owned five Xbox consoles but they have all crapped out completely or we have had to repair the disk drive. I think if you pay 500 bucks for a console it should last more than a year or two. I don't think you should have to buy a
    3 warranty to compensate for a company's shoddy product!

I hope you find a solution that works for you. I think you should give PC gaming another chance. You can find some really good sales on Steam and I personally love to game from my desktop. Consoles are my second choice.

AutumnGoose691, Dec 30, 2015
  6. EVOL ROAMS
    EVOL ROAMS Guest
    @Bimnog .......ive always had extended waranties. Waste of money if you read what I wrote youd know that.

EVOL ROAMS, Jan 13, 2016
  7. EVOL ROAMS
    EVOL ROAMS Guest
    @AutumnGoose691 .....I posted on xbox official Facebook they delete my threads. I post on forums and no xbox spokespeople say anything. I call and email them when I have issues and I get ran in circles. My sister and some friends have been pushing me to
    switch to Sony. Im pretty sure I am. Microsoft doesn't stand by their products and have awful repair procedures and customer service. Instead of offering ext warranty on a shoddy product which if repaired by their *** shoddy craftsman just breaks again after
    the warranty is up, why not just offer a better disc drive or removable ones so third party developers can make and sell them. Thats it. Made my mind up. Not gonna buy another XB1 or 360, im getting a PS4.

EVOL ROAMS, Oct 31, 2018
  8. EVOL ROAMS Win User

@Bimnog .......ive always had extended waranties. Waste of money if you read what I wrote youd know that.
  9. AutumnGoose691 Win User

Your having the same dilemma as me. I finally chose to move on and buy a PS4 mainly for my kids. My husband works in the gaming industry and actually worked for Microsoft Gaming Studios when the first Xbox came out. Because of that we have been very loyal
    to the Xbox brand. We have owned five Xbox consoles but they have all crapped out completely or we have had to repair the disk drive. I think if you pay 500 bucks for a console it should last more than a year or two. I don't think you should have to buy a
    3 warranty to compensate for a company's shoddy product!

I hope you find a solution that works for you. I think you should give PC gaming another chance. You can find some really good sales on Steam and I personally love to game from my desktop. Consoles are my second choice.
  10. RobertBuckalew Win User

get one with the extended warranty , you'll be good for 3 years ...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/complete
  11. EVOL ROAMS Win User

@AutumnGoose691 .....I posted on xbox official Facebook they delete my threads. I post on forums and no xbox spokespeople say anything. I call and email them when I have issues and I get ran in circles. My sister and some friends have been pushing me to
    switch to Sony. Im pretty sure I am. Microsoft doesn't stand by their products and have awful repair procedures and customer service. Instead of offering ext warranty on a shoddy product which if repaired by their *** shoddy craftsman just breaks again after
    the warranty is up, why not just offer a better disc drive or removable ones so third party developers can make and sell them. Thats it. Made my mind up. Not gonna buy another XB1 or 360, im getting a PS4.
  12. Radiant Sword X Win User

So I am really getting banned?

I just blocked and reported that guy. So should I just quit Xbox?
Thema:

1. Should I just quit buying xboxes ? - Similar Threads - Should quit buying

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  4. Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?: I have had my Xbox for a while now and noticed that the sides of the box are heating up and getting hot when playing. The fan works fine and is blowing hot air out but the box is still heating up....
  5. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  6. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  7. Some ideas that xbox should have

in XboX Insiders
    Some ideas that xbox should have: So basically i’m a streamer and i can’t afford a pc but i can afford a xbox and i want 2 features that could help all xbox streamers a lot! Add streaming studios like OBS, twitch studio, &...
  8. I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?: Long story short, I went to get up think my water cup was empty but it turned out it had water in it. In which the water got into the consoles fan or vent area and on surface of the console, it...
  9. New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming: Me personally I think that xbox cloud gaming has done a good job bringing all the 2024 version of sports games back, but we need mortal kombat 1. I feel like it is essential to back the classic...
  10. Xbox interface change to put Xbox Assistant where Quit was and should still be. So frustrating.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox interface change to put Xbox Assistant where Quit was and should still be. So frustrating.: Okay the only way to quit a game is to press Xbox button, then select it from the list and select quit. But now they added Xbox Assistant there. So muscle memory being what it is, I continually...