Should I be running Dolby atmos or stereo uncompressed for my Astro A40’s ?

Discus and support Should I be running Dolby atmos or stereo uncompressed for my Astro A40’s ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m thinking stereo uncompressed makes footsteps easier to decipher between rather than surround sound. Any thoughts?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crim XO, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Crim XO
    Crim XO Guest

I’m thinking stereo uncompressed makes footsteps easier to decipher between rather than surround sound. Any thoughts?

:)

Crim XO, Mar 23, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Stereo uncompressed will deliver you the highest quality audio
  3. Emil.Dahl Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed)

The Xbox audio settings I have available are as follows:

HDMI audio:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Dolby Digital

* Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

Headset Format:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Windows Sonic for Headphones

* Dolby Atmos for Headphones

* DTS Headphone:X

Tried all of them. Nothing helped.
  4. HeroicSaucer315 Win User

NO SOUND USING DOLBY ATMOS SOUNDBAR

If you're using an Xbox One or One S (not sure on the One X) the only Dolby Atmos support is the Headset out jack on the Xbox controller.

The HDMI audio out options on the Xbox are located here -

- Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > (options) Off - Stereo uncompressed - 5.1 uncompressed - 7.1 uncompressed - Bitstream

You'll probably have to stick with Stereo uncompressed as the audio setting on the Xbox.

Based on page 14 of the manual of that sound bar, it only supports 2 channel input and it simulates 5.1 out

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201703/20170320124510111/HW-K850_ZA_161228.pdf

Yes I follow all the steps , actually netflix recognize dolby atmos content but any sound is produced by the soundbar

I'm not sure what you mean by "Yes I follow all the steps".

Have you got audio out from the Xbox and into your sound bar now?

No Xbox recognize my dolby atmos soundbar because i can setup in the audio settings uncompress audio bitstream and also I’m able to select home theater dolby atmos and then I’m able to open netflix and for example select the tv show content punisher and
    The opción to select dolby atmos audio is able but nothing happens still no audio

The Xbox One or One S will not recognize the Dolby Atmos. That feature is for the Headset option on the controller only.

You state - "netflix recognize dolby atmos".

- Are you using the Netflix app built in to your TV?

Try this, run your HDMI OUT from the Xbox into the TV. And on the Xbox choose Stereo Uncompressed. See if the audio from the Xbox is working into the TV. I'm assuming you're running Out from the TV into your sound bar. After you have that done and the basic
    stereo sound is working then change the other audio settings one at a time on the Xbox to 5.1 and 7.1 and then Bitstream and see what the TV passes through to your sound bar.
    Hi yes i tried that, i have audio for 5.1 and 7. 1 but when I choose dolby atmos via home theater actually with my soundbar dolby atmos compatible I received video but no audio .
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

NO SOUND USING DOLBY ATMOS SOUNDBAR

If you're using an Xbox One or One S (not sure on the One X) the only Dolby Atmos support is the Headset out jack on the Xbox controller.

The HDMI audio out options on the Xbox are located here -

- Settings > Display and Sound > Audio Output > (options) Off - Stereo uncompressed - 5.1 uncompressed - 7.1 uncompressed - Bitstream

You'll probably have to stick with Stereo uncompressed as the audio setting on the Xbox.

Based on page 14 of the manual of that sound bar, it only supports 2 channel input and it simulates 5.1 out

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201703/20170320124510111/HW-K850_ZA_161228.pdf

Yes I follow all the steps , actually netflix recognize dolby atmos content but any sound is produced by the soundbar

I'm not sure what you mean by "Yes I follow all the steps".

Have you got audio out from the Xbox and into your sound bar now?

No Xbox recognize my dolby atmos soundbar because i can setup in the audio settings uncompress audio bitstream and also I’m able to select home theater dolby atmos and then I’m able to open netflix and for example select the tv show content punisher and
    The opción to select dolby atmos audio is able but nothing happens still no audio
    The Xbox One or One S will not recognize the Dolby Atmos. That feature is for the Headset option on the controller only.

You state - "netflix recognize dolby atmos".

- Are you using the Netflix app built in to your TV?

Try this, run your HDMI OUT from the Xbox into the TV. And on the Xbox choose Stereo Uncompressed. See if the audio from the Xbox is working into the TV. I'm assuming you're running Out from the TV into your sound bar. After you have that done and the basic
    stereo sound is working then change the other audio settings one at a time on the Xbox to 5.1 and 7.1 and then Bitstream and see what the TV passes through to your sound bar.
  6. Christian Izaguirre Win User

Xo sevens or astro a40s for x1?

Astro A40's are better. I tried the Xo sevens but it is a stereo headset for 159.99, Ridiculous. Get Astro A40's or A50's. They are super comfortable they have memory foam and they are one of the best headset manufacturers. And they are Surround sound.
Thema:

1. Should I be running Dolby atmos or stereo uncompressed for my Astro A40’s ? - Similar Threads - Should running Dolby

2. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  3. overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud

in XboX Insiders
    overwatch 2 should be in Xbox cloud: overwatch 2in xbox cloud could be so usefull submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Low_965 [link] [comments]
  4. My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?: My keys continue to press after I stop pressing them. It's not physical (They aren't literally sticking down). But it continues to press in a game or whilst I'm typing. I've tried different...
  5. My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?: I turned on my xbox and just reliazed that the power button is not on even though I didint touch the settings. I cleared the area as I just moved it from one from to another. [img]...
  6. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  7. How long should a repair order take to complete?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long should a repair order take to complete?: I have sent my Xbox controller in to be repaired as the things can't last more than 6 months. It's been at the service centre for 10 days now and typically it has been quicker than this for me....
  8. "Unsolvable" game that should be solvable. Ive run into this three times. I am certain that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unsolvable" game that should be solvable. Ive run into this three times. I am certain that...: I've run into this three times. I am certain that this game cannot be solvable. Has anyone else run into this problem. I'm at grandmaster level. How do I get this fixed?...
  9. Why won't my games run as they should?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my games run as they should?: Hello, Microsoft community! So, like many other people and questions on here, I'm having troubles running my games on my laptop. This all began when I bought and installed Fallout 4. The Launcher...
  10. Next Xbox Console Should Run On Battery Powered

in XBoX on Consoles
    Next Xbox Console Should Run On Battery Powered: I THINK THE NEXT XBOX THAT COMES OUT SHOULD RUN ON BATTERY POWER.WHICH MEANS THAT IF U ARE PLAYING ON TV U CAN JUST CONNECT THE POWER CABLE AND PLAY.BUT IF U ARE AT A PLACE WHERE NO POWER SOCKETS...