Shorter gamer tags

Discus and support Shorter gamer tags in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Shorter gamer tags are bad for the community, they take away freedoms we had in the past, they make gamer tags arguably UGLIER. It doesn’t allow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Captain Rustbuckets, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Shorter gamer tags

Shorter gamer tags are bad for the community, they take away freedoms we had in the past, they make gamer tags arguably UGLIER. It doesn’t allow everyone to have whatever gamertag they want because the gamer tags I want HAVE 15 LETTERS… with NO numbers at the end…DUH! It’s not unique to have the same gamertag as someone else but with different numbers u don’t even get to choose because Microsoft thinks ur to stupid to chose ur own numbers. if u have the same gt as someone else which btw u still will have the same gt, it doesn’t magically make it a different gt to put a # inbetween a name and some random numbers. It’s a way to barcode the community and single out the less creative, which btw it is harder to creat tags because of this. This is nothing like discord, discord didn’t shorten names. The ppl that agree with this useless NEGATIVE change are only scared to disagree with it so they don’t lose ambassadors program. Fix ur mistakes microsoft this is the first time Sony outranks u smh pathetic performance Xbox team

:)

Captain Rustbuckets, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Shorter gamer tags

For feedback/suggestions, you'll want to post at https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/

You can still use the 15 character system on a 360. Also, they don't let you choose the numbers because then it would still create a problem of people having the exact same gamertag which would cause issues in the system as well as issues with someone trying to contact you.

Ambassadors are free to disagree with anything Microsoft does.
  3. J.R.G. Win User

Making Gamertags Longer

Shorter is better...at least with gamer-tags. I remember playing a couple matches of a older C.O.D. title where people were hacking their tags with... ABCffgghhhsdhshohvodsivdsovhohosadhhbohsosaooowhgfoewhgohldvlnsajlsadjfjsadjfjasdjfjasdjfjasdfjasfjasldfjsdfjjas
    killed "short tag". Very, very, annoying to have some stupid tag(s) filling up the screen.

Peace, J.R.
  4. Bandido1508 Win User

is my GT "Soqf" have rare letters and is Taxbase OG?

For 4 letter gamer tags you only have several thousand combinations, you automatically eliminate a lot of words so yes this is very rare, somewhat of a status symbol for some. And the other one may be considered OG since it is a shorter word again hard
    to come by now. The other gamers are probably paying you a compliment.
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

New black ops clan: Dublin

I refuse to join any clanwhere the leader doesnt read sticky threads or realize that all clan tags have to be 4 characters or shorter
  6. Brian G Hoyt Win User

How Do I?

Use the 'use rich formatting' option, it will bring up an editor. In the editor type your link like
    www.msn.com then use the html button to edit the html of the anchor tag to shorten the text in the tag to what you want like: shorter

so <a href="www.msn.com">www.msn.com</a> becomes <a href="www.msn.com">shorter</a>
Thema:

Shorter gamer tags

1. Shorter gamer tags - Similar Threads - Shorter gamer tags

2. How do i find the ip address of a gamer thats cyber bullying my son on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the ip address of a gamer thats cyber bullying my son on xbox?: I know the persons gamertag and alias first name but i know the name is probably fake. How do i find the ip address so i can stop the bullying. 6c9866ea-842a-4f88-a809-9d60804c691a
  3. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  4. Why have i got 20000 more gamer score?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why have i got 20000 more gamer score?: I was playing on my Xbox 360 and all of a sudden I got an extra 20000 gamerscore. could someone help? 96956507-edfe-48bd-811a-ad38d8d5c383
  5. Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live: I have a Xbox 360 when I try to sign in to play black ops 2 when I click xbox live for multiplayer the gamertag pops up and won't let me click on it cause its greyed out and also when I do sign...
  6. Retro Gamer trying to get uk Xbox 360 working in Canada

in XBoX on Consoles
    Retro Gamer trying to get uk Xbox 360 working in Canada: I read on another thread that I just need to swap out the power brick of a NA Xbox 360 for the uk 360 but the connections to the Xbox is not the same so the NA cord does not fit into the uk 360. I...
  7. I have been gamer pic banned, for a photo of me and my girlfriend? (attached)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been gamer pic banned, for a photo of me and my girlfriend? (attached): So i have been communication banned (however on enforcements it appears with the tag “gamer pic ban”) for a profile picture of me and my girlfriend? the picture isnt sexually suggestive, nor...
  8. Boot animation shorter. Why is this happening?

in XboX Insiders
    Boot animation shorter. Why is this happening?: I’m in Alpha Skip Ahead and I noticed the booting animation lasts shorter. Why has this been done? submitted by /u/Gonzo345 [link] [comments]
  9. I have 2 gamertags, I want the one with more letters kept, and the shorter one removed, its...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamertags, I want the one with more letters kept, and the shorter one removed, its...: I need (LifeOfALlama) removed off my account or hidden on my account or something so It doesnt show 2 gamertags. I spoke to many agents, did everything on the suggestion list from hard resetting,...
  10. Shorter respawn time on conquest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shorter respawn time on conquest: I think Battlefield 1 should have a shorter respawn time on conquest. What do we all think? e4b1d0ce-8c59-412f-8048-d2c90f8e29fd