Sharing XBOX live gold with brother not working?

Discus and support Sharing XBOX live gold with brother not working? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I’ve done a lot of research on this and I am stumped. Here is what I have done: 1. Set my brother’s Xbox live gold account as home Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Anonymous person_416, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Sharing XBOX live gold with brother not working?

Hi everyone. I’ve done a lot of research on this and I am stumped. Here is what I have done:

1. Set my brother’s Xbox live gold account as home Xbox on my console.

2. Log into my non Xbox live account

3. I can play all the games on my brothers Xbox live account, but I do not get his Xbox live gold subscription, as anytime I play multiplayer it tells me I don’t have Xbox live.

4. A fix I saw online was to power cycle both consoles, did that and still I do not get the Xbox live gold from his account.

This should be working but an issue I have thought of is I have an Xbox One S and he has an Xbox Series S. Does this make a difference?

Any suggestions?

:)

Anonymous person_416, Jan 17, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Please try to resync your brother's Xbox profile to your console by following the steps below. Make sure that you know his account logins before doing these steps.

REMOVE PROFILE:

To remove a profile: From Profile & system, select Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select a profile, then select Remove.

POWER CYCLE CONSOLE:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

RE-ADD PROFILE:

To add an Xbox profile to a console, press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to Profile & system. Select Add or switch, and then select Add new and follow the instructions.

Once done, make sure that his account is still set as Home Xbox on your console by following the steps below;

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

3. Select Make this my home Xbox.
  3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Game share

I get what you're saying; however, the brother would essentially just be using an unintended aspect of the game sharing feature.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  4. taidara Win User

I cant connect to LIVE

Greetings ghost huner148!

To be able to share games, downloadable content purchased, along with Xbox Live Gold sharing features, to anyone who sign in on your console, there has to be at least one account tied to a Gold subscription and the console has to be set as the designated
    Home console

Since you are able to take advantage of the Gold sharing features on your oldest brother's Xbox One console, this would then mean that he has a Gold subscription and with his console set at Home.

According to your profile, it doesn't seem to be tied to Gold subscription.

For more information regarding Xbox Live Gold sharing features on the Xbox One, please read:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Is buying 1 game enough for 2 people in the same house?

Zaknokimi,

The digital process would work very similar to what you are already doing except on the Xbox One you designate a Home Xbox. The "Home" Xbox allows ANYONE on the console to enjoy the benefits of your gold subscription as well as the content on that Xbox.
    So for your particular case, you were treating your brother's console as your "Home" Xbox When you sign into live on your Xbox you have access to your content but only your profile. Your brother would have access to your content as well on your other Xbox
    designated as the "Home" Xbox.

Here's some additional support information discussing how the new Home feature works:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  6. WelshRiley Win User

Free to play games not letting me play online without gold

So does xbox live share to different accounts because my brother was playing Fortnite on my other account and I didn't pay for gold on that account
Thema:

1. Sharing XBOX live gold with brother not working? - Similar Threads - Sharing live gold

2. How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share xbox live gold online feature with other profiles?: I have xbox live gold on one of the accounts on my xbox, but when I access a different account on the same Xbox I can no longer use the online features. I have already set my home xbox and all the...
  3. Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with sharing XBOX live Gold: Hi, We have an Xbox Live Gold on an XBOX account which also have an XBOX Series X as an Home XBOX. No other users on that XBOX can use the XBOX Live Gold. Tested two different games (Battlefront...
  4. xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live gold didn’t share with one of my accounts: So I have xbox live gold in one of my accounts on my xbox, but when i set it as my home xbox, it didn’t share with one of the accounts on the xbox. So what can I do to get it on that account?...
  5. Want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with my son: I have an Xbox Series X. My son has an Xbox One. I want to share my Xbox Live Gold membership with him. It appears my only options for sharing the membership is to make my Xbox the "primary"...
  6. Xbox Live Gold not sharing with Game share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold not sharing with Game share: Why isn’t game share working for me. My friend has account set as home xbox on my xbox s so he can share his Gold membership, however his membership isn’t being shared with me. Ive made sure the...
  7. Can I share my gold live membership with my xbox360/xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I share my gold live membership with my xbox360/xbox one: I have both xbox 360 and xbox one.... my son activated his golf live membership on the xbox one.. and he has all the features..... my other son plays xbox 360.. we sign on with the name log in......
  8. XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...: I recently bought another Xbox One. The first one is in our Family room (Family Room Xbox) and had Profiles for me, J, A and wife. The second one was installed in our office (Office xbox). I had...
  9. Is there anyway to share xbox live gold on xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to share xbox live gold on xbox 360?: Hello, So I have some codes that allow free xbox live gold, but before I use them I want to know if there is any way to share it with all accounts on my xbox 360....
  10. How many accounts can I share my xbox live gold subscription with?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many accounts can I share my xbox live gold subscription with?: Hello I have a Xbox in my home. So far I had 2 accounts on the console and my Xbox Live gold membership was able to share between the 2 accounts. I have just added a 3rd account. I still have a...