Sharing games between family accounts

Discus and support Sharing games between family accounts in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased the Ultimate Edition of CoD: Black Ops using my principle account for Microsoft 365, and XBox. But, my son cannot see or access... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PaulR-S, Nov 21, 2020.

1. PaulR-S
    PaulR-S Guest

I recently purchased the Ultimate Edition of CoD: Black Ops using my principle account for Microsoft 365, and XBox. But, my son cannot see or access any of the extras included in the Ultimate Edition (eg Content Packs) in his account , which is setup as
    a member of the Familky under my principle account. Is there any way to give him access to those packs?

Thanks

:)

PaulR-S, Nov 21, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

season passes and some content is only available to the account that purchased it, this is happening on a lot of games now, the main game is shareable but the extra content is account locked.

destiny does the same thing and many others.
  3. Hyper x Vacuumz Win User

Coronavirus and social distancing

Through Game-sharing you are able to share content and games between two consoles. Reading through many of the other responses, I love the idea of a family account to share content with an entire family but also believe that it wouldlikely be abused.
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Buying games or buying content in a game.

I believe setting up a game share would solve the problem/answer the question. It would allow for you to both share purchased content and dlc. One way to do it would be to login to both accounts and set them as the home Xbox seperately so that both accounts
    accounts will be tied to the home Xbox, therefore sharing games between accounts.

Another way to do it would be to set up a family on the Xbox with your son's account set as the child/other family member and that will also share content between the two on the Xbox. Both of these can be done in the settings.
  5. Darkwolfecze Win User

messing with settings

You can create another accounts for your family members and share games etc between them. I think this is the best solution
  6. DominumStige Win User

play wthout a license

Hi!

The licenses are linked to the account that made the purchase. However, content sharing could be done between the family member, but there is a need to have a access credentials for family accounts.
Thema:

1. Sharing games between family accounts - Similar Threads - Sharing games between

2. Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.: I have 3 Xbox series X consoles all are within the same house. we have 3 separate Xbox profiles for me and my 2 sons. is there an option (free or paid) to have the ultimate game pass shared...
  3. Game sharing between 3 Xbox devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game sharing between 3 Xbox devices: I have 3 Xbox devices in my household. My family consists of myself and my 2 sons. Xbox 1 is mine and set up as my oldest son's home Xbox, His Xbox is Xbox 2 and set as my home Xbox. How do we...
  4. Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?: A great option for the share button is to swap between party chat and game chat instantly with one click. You can already chance settings like taking a photo, video, start and stop recording,...
  5. Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?

in XboX Insiders
    Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?: A great option for the share button is to swap between party chat and game chat instantly with one click. You can already chance settings like taking a photo, video, start and stop recording,...
  6. Add option to swap between game chat and party chat using the 'share' button?

in XboX Insiders
  7. game sharing between console generations

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game sharing between console generations: I have two siblings on different generations of xbox consoles. one on current gen and one on next gen. I was wondering if I could game share with both by setting home xbox as their consoles, and...
  8. If I have 4 separate Xbox consoles and I wish to share my games between all four of them,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have 4 separate Xbox consoles and I wish to share my games between all four of them,...: I know that I can set my home xbox to share to one extra xbox, I use this for mine and my sons so he gets access to my destiny 2 expansions, but how can I do this for my other kids xbox consoles...
  9. Xbox Game Share not working between XSX/XSS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Share not working between XSX/XSS: So after talking to "technical support" for 56 minutes trying to remedy the situation, I am STILL unable to use Gameshare between my Xbox Series S & X. Worked fine for months. Now all of a sudden...
  10. Share a game between a few profiles on the same Xbox X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share a game between a few profiles on the same Xbox X console: I have 3 accounts on my Xbox X: mine and 2 for my kids. I downloaded a game to the console using my account and I want my kids to be able to play on their accounts. How can I do it?...