Sharing Game Clips on PC to Friends on Xbox

Discus and support Sharing Game Clips on PC to Friends on Xbox in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I want to be able to share clips I make with the xbox game bar to my friends who are on xbox. Whether it be the activity feed or messages, this... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Dylan2456, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Dylan2456
    Dylan2456 Guest

I want to be able to share clips I make with the xbox game bar to my friends who are on xbox. Whether it be the activity feed or messages, this capability seems like a basic feature that, to my knowledge, was once available and no longer is. Why is this? Will it ever come back? And is there literally any way I can share clips I made with my friends through xbox?

:)

Dylan2456, Jun 30, 2022
  2. maxen Win User

"Sorry, this can't be shared because we don't recognize the game."

Which games are not working for you? In the Xbox App, you are able to record clips from PC games, but you may only be able to share clips and screenshots from Xbox titles, as you're sharing it with your Xbox friends and the Xbox Live network.

If this is the issue here, I hope this information helps explain why it may not be working as you'd hoped.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Dylan2456. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Clips taken from the PC using the Xbox Game Bar are not uploaded to the Xbox network currently. Unfortunately, as users, we don't know when it will be available or if it will be available. Only the Xbox team have this information.

But you can share it to OneDrive or use third party apps to share it to social websites and share the link with people you want to.

Press Windows + G to open the Xbox Game Bar, then select Widget > Gallery. Select Open in File Explorer, then use your app of choice to share your clips.

If you want to have this feature enabled in the future, you can share your idea on the Xbox Idea Hub. The more votes it receives, the more chances it gets to be implemented in the future:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Feel free to ask back any questions you might have.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

I cant upload gaming clips to the xbox app homepage

Hello Fire,

Thanks for coming to the Xbox forums. We understand having issues uploading videos. You can take a look at the page for

edit and share game clips

Game clips (under 30 minutes long) and screenshots of popular PC games and any game available through the Microsoft Store can be shared to Xbox Live. They aren’t automatically uploaded from Windows 10.

1. In the Xbox Console Companion app, select
      Captures
    2. Select On Xbox Live.
    3. Select the game clip or screenshot you want to share.
    4. Select Share, and then choose where you want to share it.
    Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. FadeD ViiBE Win User

Upload xbox pc game bar captures to mobile app

I have the same question, but what I think OP is trying to ask is, how do we take a game clip captured on PC through the Xbox Gamebar and upload it to the Xbox PC App, so that we may share it to our friends through the app?
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.

How to download Xbox one clips to pc? Step-by-step guide

Follow these steps to download Xbox one clips to your pc:

Open your Xbox one and scroll over to the community tab in the menu.

Now select “manage captures”. In this section, you will see all your Xbox one clips that you have saved on your Xbox one device.

Find the clip that you want to save to your pc and click on it.

After selecting that clip, wait for the clip to load. Once the clip loads, press A on it. This will bring up a short menu. Here, you need to click on the share button in the middle.

You can share your clips to Twitter, Club, or OneDrive. To save the clip to your pc or other devices, you need to share it with your OneDrive account.
Thema:

1. Sharing Game Clips on PC to Friends on Xbox - Similar Threads - Sharing Game Clips

2. Sharing game clips to OneDrive on Xbox results in “Something Went Wrong” after I “Try again...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sharing game clips to OneDrive on Xbox results in “Something Went Wrong” after I “Try again...: I like to make compilations on my free time and sharing to my OneDrive always results in the error “:( Something went wrong. Sorry, we can’t share this right now. Try again in a while.”… I’ve been...
  3. in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...: Today i realized in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network so that I could access the clips from my phone Xbox app. I’ve seen...
  4. Allow pc users to share game clips with friends on Xbox, and vice versa.

in XboX Insiders
    Allow pc users to share game clips with friends on Xbox, and vice versa.: currently can't share game clips with friends on Xbox from pc, also, can't receive game clips from Xbox friends to pc. why is game clip sharing not available between the two when Xbox literally...
  5. Can't share a game clip or screenshot to Xbox Live

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't share a game clip or screenshot to Xbox Live: Can't share clips or screenshots from the game "Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" to Xbox Live or One Drive. I can share clips from other games just fine, the problem is just with this...
  6. Cannot share game clip

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot share game clip: doesn't let me upload a game clip to the Xbox app from my pc I already checked the privacy settings and everything its normal no updates nothing but it still doesn't let, i switched accounts and...
  7. you cant share game clip

in XBoX Games and Apps
    you cant share game clip: I'm trying to share this game clip with my friends, the clip is about a minute and a half long, and when i try to upload it in the xbox app it says that i can share the game clip, i already looked...
  8. Game DVR on windows 10 can't share my clip

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR on windows 10 can't share my clip: I cant load my clip : "retry later" I try call support but i stay 1h30 waiting for answer and impossible to speak with somebody without call stop … sorry for my English... i try reinstall...
  9. Can not share a game clip to xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can not share a game clip to xbox app: Greetings, Today I opened the Xbox app in hope of recording a full match game clip for Battlefield 1 and sharing it with a few of my friends. I started xbox app on windows 10. I started Origin,...
  10. new APP to share xbox`s screenshot and game clip to other apps(FB/Instagram/twitter)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    new APP to share xbox`s screenshot and game clip to other apps(FB/Instagram/twitter): Dear Xbox One gamers DVR Hub for XBOX app is now available in Android and Windows Phone! We know it has always been a pain when you tried to share your game clip or screenshot from your Xbox One...