Sharing an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription between an xbox and a PC

Discus and support Sharing an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription between an xbox and a PC in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Dear all, This might be a bit confusing, so I will try to keep it as simplified as possible (if any more details are required, please let me know!).... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RTAK_475, Sep 29, 2020.

1. RTAK_475
    RTAK_475 Guest

Dear all,

This might be a bit confusing, so I will try to keep it as simplified as possible (if any more details are required, please let me know!).

I have an xbox account for well over a decade (but still rocking that OG yawning panda), which I have recently linked to my PC and now use for a Game Pass subscription (don't have an xbox, so don't need Ultimate).

My father (who lives in another country but still in the EU if that matters) owns an xbox one since 2015, on which he primarily plays GTA Online. Interestingly, he has his own profile for this but uses an xbox Live Gold subscription via MY account.

He pre-ordered a Series X upon my recommendation (you're very welcome) and is actually interested in trying more games so he is interested in Game Pass as well.

Now here comes the question: If I would upgrade the Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate (for the grand price of €1), can my father continue to play GTA Online on his own profile on the Series X (using the promised 100% forwards compatibility of
    Xbox One games) and explore the game pass library simultaneously with me playing (different or the same) games on game pass on my own profile on my PC?

Or, to simplify it further: If my father would have a Series X on my account but using his own profile, can he also benefit from Game Pass Ultimate (without us kicking each other out of play sessions)?

:)

RTAK_475, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Saturnz0 Win User

Xbox game pass

Hi. I'm getting a new laptop in a few days and it has one month of free Xbox game pass. My brother plays in an Xbox one. Is there any way i can share my Xbox game pass with him?
    hi, NOTwarrior007_

I understand your question.
    To share subscription between PC and console, you need Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

• The Game Pass for console works only on the console.
    • Game Pass for PC works on PC only.
    • Game Pass Ultimate works on both

If you have Ultimate you can share with him
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Family access on 2 devices - XBox & Laptop

Game Pass Ultimate does not share on the PC. Only the account that purchased GPU can use it on a PC. There is no way to transfer a subscription between different accounts.
  4. XBF - Tali Win User

Compartir Game Pass en PC ≈ Windows 10

[Associate is using a translator application, please be aware that grammatical errors or incorrect syntax may occur]

Hello DanielDominguez Rueda,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. I understand that you are attempting to share your Game Pass Ultimate account with family members on other PCs. There is no official method on sharing a Game Pass Ultimate subscription on PC. For a full FAQ on a PC Game Pass Ultimate subscription, please view: Game Pass Ultimate PC FAQ.

Thank you,

-Tali

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  5. -DimD- Win User

xbox game pass

Hi,

If you bought the Game Pass Ultimate, you don't need to purchase a subscription for Game Pass PC, It's included.

If you just have a Game Pass Console subscription, you should upgrade to Ultimate is the cheaper option to play on console and PC (you'll have xbox live for free) or buy an additional subscription for Game Pass PC.

Just be careful, the game catalogues are not totally the same between PC and Console.

The link for online subscription :

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass?xr=shellnav#join

Best Regards,
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Udostępnianie game pass[Translation-Game pass sharing]

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the replies. With game pass ultimate, you do not need to purchase game pass for PC as it is included in the Ultimate subscription. On an important note, at the moment game pass for PC is not shareable at this time. Xbox game pass for console and
    Xbox live gold are allowed to be shared. Here is the
    ultimate gam pass FAQ
    . As the issue has been answered, I will go ahead and lock the thread to prevent repetitive answers.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Sharing an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription between an xbox and a PC - Similar Threads - Sharing Game Pass

2. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  3. Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox: Can anyone help me? For years i’ve paid for game pass ultimate and had my dads xbox as the home xbox of my account so that he can also have access to ultimate. As of today for some reason it is...
  4. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core: I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does...
  5. Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.: I have 3 Xbox series X consoles all are within the same house. we have 3 separate Xbox profiles for me and my 2 sons. is there an option (free or paid) to have the ultimate game pass shared...
  6. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  7. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  8. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  9. Share access to PC Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Share access to PC Game Pass: I have access to PC Game Pass on my Windows PC on my own account billed monthly. I want to give access to this to my son who also uses my PC on a different user. We do not have an Xbox, and do not...
  10. Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?: I want to share my game pass with my family but right now my home Xbox only shares games. I have game pass core. 3feec88d-530b-47e5-9e89-09f2f2941682