Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

Discus and support Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i long-press Share button, it start registering the screen, unlike on Xbox Console where if you long-press it it saves a clip. How can i change... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cristianosollazzo, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

When i long-press Share button, it start registering the screen, unlike on Xbox Console where if you long-press it it saves a clip. How can i change this? I tried through Xbox Accessories App but I didn't find any option like that...

:)

cristianosollazzo, Nov 8, 2022
  2. John Hayes2 Win User

No does not work still don't see configure share button and does not respond to test.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's odd...
    You're the first one who can't assign a different functionality.

May I know if you have the controller connected via USB cable?
    If not, please check in that way.

If yes, try this:

Reinstall your controller driver:
    Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

If the issue persists, reinstall or update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again
  4. cristianosollazzo Win User

tap for screenshot and press hold for record, they are the only options available to windows 11 pc's with the share button. it cannot be customised which to me is plain stupid.
    I thought it was like that, but since I read many times it was remappable but the instructions didn't make sense i thought maybe it was changed or something like that, but it appears for a reason or an other it just plain lie. thanks for the feedback
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

tap for screenshot and press hold for record, they are the only options available to windows 11 pc's with the share button. it cannot be customised which to me is plain stupid.
  6. Frankie Pace Win User

Does this work? I have the same issue. Cannot configure the share button as it does not appear as an option when attempting to remap using Accessories App, not does it register when pressed during test mode.
Thema:

1. Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console - Similar Threads - Share button Controller

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  5. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  6. Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller share button not working on PC.: I play on PC with my xbox controller wirelessly. This morning i recorded and took a couple of screenshots while using it, it worked fine. A couple of hours ago i updated my computer and when i...
  7. Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11: I am using an Xbox controller on Windows 11 connected to the PC via the Xbox USB wireless adapter. A couple of months ago, I could use the guide button to open game bar, and uise the share...
  8. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat: Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do...
  9. Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11): Hey, all. Posting this in July 2023. I'm using a standard Xbox Series controller with my Windows 11 PC via Bluetooth and I'm trying to remap the Share button to serve as an extra input for use...
  10. Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button: Hello. I found an article saying you can now rebind share button for this controller (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-share-button) but I don't have...