Shady behavior from Microsoft Customer Support - Gamertag Change

Discus and support Shady behavior from Microsoft Customer Support - Gamertag Change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I utilized the free Xbox name change on the PC that Microsoft provides. However, it was not clear that it would add numbers to my account for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Caleb Azevedo, May 26, 2023.

1. Shady behavior from Microsoft Customer Support - Gamertag Change

Hello,

I utilized the free Xbox name change on the PC that Microsoft provides. However, it was not clear that it would add numbers to my account for Xbox/Microsoft games as it said it would only add the numbers for games out of the network.....

Customer support was contacted to attempt to rectify the issue. I was told that they could help me, but they won't because I did not spend enough money with Microsoft recently enough (I had spent over $400 in total, but it wasn't recent). Which was very surprising to hear from a Customer Support team. To know they have the solution available but are choosing not to use it.

After arguing with them on why I can't just go back to my last username. I was informed that I could purchase a name change, and then request a refund after using it. Rioberto from Customer Support said this.

I havent done it yet. As the refund policy states they won't issue a refund if a consumable is used. If a member of the refund team could reach out to me or if another microsoft employee could help me, that would be appreciated.

If anyone else knows a solution to this, please let me know. This seems extremely shady coming from official support.

:)

Caleb Azevedo, May 26, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Sorry to hear you had a hard time with your conversation with Xbox support, Unfortunately, no one here in the threads can redirect you or give you alternate ways of getting in touch with support other than the method you used to get in touch with them, which is this link.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/contact-us

Hope you understand.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. Caleb Azevedo Win User

It doesn't clearly state it. I had thought it was as the discord hashtag system, which is what it states beforehand. But it switches to the numbers for nearly everything. It also doesn't explain the customer service response.
  4. ngocphi Win User

As kind gryphon show you thata the exact screen you would've gotten

The system doesn't add hashtag on unique names

Only used names

Just Because you can't find a name doesn't mean it isn't being used

This is because searches has to br EXACT CONTEXT

when you change you have.to be actually unique

Gamertag is the same as gamertag or.gamer tag

Caps.nor.spaces dont make your name.unique only.unique spelling will
  5. KindGryphon Win User

It doesn't clearly state it. I had thought it was as the discord hashtag system, which is what it states beforehand. But it switches to the numbers for nearly everything. It also doesn't explain the customer service response.

[​IMG]
    to be fair it looks pretty clearly stated to me.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

it clearly states when changing that there will be hash and numbers if the username is already in use, it also clearly shows you what you tag will look like before you accept the change, i know i have changed my tag dozens of times. some external tags will look different as epic and cod use their own gamertag system which you can change on their accounts freely.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Shady behavior from Microsoft Customer Support - Gamertag Change - Similar Threads - Shady behavior Microsoft

2. Kathy please help with disruptive behavior ban. It's my gamertag...phayghat people ay it as...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Kathy please help with disruptive behavior ban. It's my gamertag...phayghat people ay it as...: My disruptive behavior ban is driving me insane my gamertag sounds like the word (mod removed) but it is not it is Faja /gamertag phayghat every time someone says it in the game it comes up on my...
  3. Banned for behavior I didn't commit

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Banned for behavior I didn't commit: I was trying to connect to a match in Halo Master Chief Collection. I was kicked out due to poor Internet. I tried to rejoin four times, but I was kicked out each time, and the match ended before...
  4. Disruptive behavior chat ban

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disruptive behavior chat ban: I reviewed a disruptive behavior chat ban. When I checked my account it says I don’t have any active bans. I only use party chat with my friends so I don’t even know how I got the ban. How do I...
  5. My account got banned from Minecraft for "Bad Language Behavior" even if I did nothing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got banned from Minecraft for "Bad Language Behavior" even if I did nothing.: My Minecraft account got suspended for 3 days even if I did nothing, only with my friend. Can somebody please help me??? 0c45b9a1-1781-4955-b515-2dc26ec93920
  6. Why does Microsoft use shady tactics and not honor warranties?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft use shady tactics and not honor warranties?: I purchased an xbox Elite controller with the Microsoft Complete warranty from the Microsoft web store and now it says my warranty is void. while the original manufacturers warranty (1yr) is void...
  7. "Because of past behavior you cannot edit your account"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Because of past behavior you cannot edit your account": WHAT?!?! I have done nothing at all to earn that smack down. I haven't even been on my XBOX Windows 10 Console Companion since I lived in South Carolina something like 7-8 years ago. What the heck...
  8. Strange behavior after last ALPHA ring update.

in XboX Insiders
    Strange behavior after last ALPHA ring update.: After the last ALPHA ring update I noticed this thing. I have the Xbox series X console in low power mode. To the console I connected the 1TB Seagate SSD card. I noticed that when it finishes...
  9. Weird Series X Behavior

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Series X Behavior: So, this is a real real weird one, or at least for me After several months of not using my SX, I was away and really playing more on PC (multiplayer), but a couple of weeks ago I picked up again,...
  10. Xbox allows this type of behavior?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox allows this type of behavior?: Had this guy DDose me and threat me and when I reported him you guys said he didn't do anything wrong... don't believe me? Here's the proof.. I honestly don't even feel like using xbox anymore...