Shadow of War Crashes on Startup

Discus and support Shadow of War Crashes on Startup in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I downloaded Shadow of War from the XBOX Game Pass and played for about 4 hours just fine, then I went to eat, came back and the game crashes as I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CalebKirkendall, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Shadow of War Crashes on Startup

So I downloaded Shadow of War from the XBOX Game Pass and played for about 4 hours just fine, then I went to eat, came back and the game crashes as I reach the starting menus. The only way I could fix this was to reinstall the near 100GB game, then I played
    for another couple hours and now trying to start it for a second time it just keeps crashing in the same place it was before, I don't believe that 100GB reinstall every day is the proper solution to this issue. The game just closes to my desktop, without saying
    that it stopped working or anything. This is what the event viewer says about the application error:

Faulting application name: ShadowOfWar.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b7f59e8

Faulting module name: ShadowOfWar.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b7f59e8

Exception code: 0x80000003

Fault offset: 0x0000000000ab77a5

Faulting process id: 0x2d48

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6bd674f7d6d4e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\WarnerBros.Interactive.WB-Kraken_1.0.28.2_x64__ktmk1xygcecda\UWP64\ShadowOfWar.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\WarnerBros.Interactive.WB-Kraken_1.0.28.2_x64__ktmk1xygcecda\UWP64\ShadowOfWar.exe

Report Id: bb2da76b-72e1-445d-bbb6-5d0a1dc52b6b

Faulting package full name: WarnerBros.Interactive.WB-Kraken_1.0.28.2_x64__ktmk1xygcecda

Faulting package-relative application ID: Kraken.D3D11.C

I want to play this game, I very much have enjoyed the time I've gotten to play it, but I cannot reinstall the entire game each time I want to play it

:)

CalebKirkendall, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Darkrathy Win User

Shadow of War on Xbox gamepass PC crashes on startup

I found out that it was just a problem with my new SSD. Thank you for the help.
  3. schnurren Win User

Hello Darkrathy,

I saw a topic similar to yours , can you check if the instructions written in there solves your issue?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-of-war-from-game-pass-crashes-on-pc/8f92765f-e13d-4157-9f70-49bc12df0b94

schnurrer
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hi Darkrathy,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. WorkingClass79 Win User

Xbox Series X issues with Unreal Engine

Two games off the top of my head are Fallen Jedi and Ascent. Every 10 minutes or less it crashes to the OS or hard crashes the Xbox.

Games like FF15 or Shadow of War work fine however.
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Shadows of war "press space to continue" on windows game pass.

Thema:

Shadow of War Crashes on Startup

1. Shadow of War Crashes on Startup - Similar Threads - Shadow War Crashes

2. How to connect to hydra servers on Xbox x to have access to my data for the game shadow of war

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to connect to hydra servers on Xbox x to have access to my data for the game shadow of war: I connected to shadow of war Xbox x version and it is impossible to connect to hydra to get my data from my time on pc. “No Hydra Id available. Connect to the Hydra servers to retrieve your ID. “...
  3. How can I get my dlc's on Shadow Of war back for pc????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get my dlc's on Shadow Of war back for pc????: I'm playing shadow of war on pc from the xbox app on windows and I own the dlc when on xbox but when playing on pc it says I do not own them, i even have achievements from the dlc to prove I've...
  4. I Purchsed a game Shadow of War Definitive Edition no expansions was loaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Purchsed a game Shadow of War Definitive Edition no expansions was loaded: Shadow of war was purchased along with Xbox X this is my first gaming system that I didn't. Have to build. Started up the everything was great after downloading Shadow of war no expansions was...
  5. Shadow of War's guide menu is not working correctly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of War's guide menu is not working correctly: Every other menu scrolls correctly but the guide menu seems to be stuck on one page and is not scrolling down to the next section like the other menus do. I've looked everyone on google,...
  6. Shadow of war diectX11 problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of war diectX11 problem: I have a problem with the game shadow of war when I run the game it says error video doesn't support directX11 and I saw a fix on YouTube but it was for steam and I couldn't find the game file pc...
  7. while installing middle of earth : shadow of war it gives error in downloading as result...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    while installing middle of earth : shadow of war it gives error in downloading as result...: while installing middle of earth : shadow of war it gives error in downloading as result gives error code: 0x80073cf9 7127b00b-452c-4e7c-aa6b-ff33d0eccec3
  8. Shadow of Mordor/War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of Mordor/War: Any chance of my two favourite games getting that sweet fps boost ? d3a0ad72-9357-4be9-adc8-8a994787988c
  9. Shadow of War DLC Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of War DLC Problem: Hi! Recently I encountered a problem: I downloaded Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Definitive Edition which should contain all of the expansions to the game. The problem is, that I cannot...
  10. Shadow of War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of War: I play Shadow of War on my Xbox with a disc. Can I now play it on my PC? f6a6d518-0c35-460e-8d33-e7afedc9d690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GamePass middle earth crash