Severe power brick(?) issue

Discus and support Severe power brick(?) issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So around two weeks ago on Friday my Xbox One was working flawlessly. The next day however, I turned on my console and I now suddenly have what appears... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CryoDragon95, Oct 20, 2017.

1. CryoDragon95
    CryoDragon95 Guest

So around two weeks ago on Friday my Xbox One was working flawlessly. The next day however, I turned on my console and I now suddenly have what appears to be a power brick issue. To put it simply, I am having issues with turning on the console.

When I turn the plug outlet on, for about half a second the power brick's light is orange, then it turns white for about 6-8 seconds, and then it turns permanently orange again. When I try to turn on my console it will do things ranging from turning on then
    off immediately, turning on and making the powerup sound over and over before turning off again, or turning on, but with no image and sometimes turning off again after a while. I tried everything to get it to work, at least four different outlets, unplugging
    it for ten seconds, five minutes, an hour. I even tried using a hair dryer to blow dust out of the console and the power brick but it is still not working. I don't believe it is the outlets causing the problem as I have an Xbox 360 and using the same outlets
    work for that.

So I bought a used Microsoft power brick from eBay, and when I tried to use it, the exact same issue occurs. Thinking it was just unsurprisingly faulty, I bought another power brick, this time brand new, but a third party one. But when I tried using that
    one, the same issue happened again!

It wasn't until about half way through this infuriating problem that I began to suspect it might actually be the console. Are there any solutions to this issue? Or is it just the console itself and I will have to buy a new one? Just for reference, the Xbox
    One I have is around two years old, which I don't think is old enough but due to the tests I've tried I think that is most likely the cause of the problem here. Please help?

:)

CryoDragon95, Oct 20, 2017
  2. WaxierBoot19
    WaxierBoot19 Guest
    Power issue

The power brick made a loud popping noise and then shut off. The power brick is yellow when it is plugged into the wall but if I plug it into the xbox there is no light on the power brick at all

WaxierBoot19, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Power brick issue

My power brick LED goes red whenever I plug in my wired Xbox controller. It doesn't get hot or go red at any other point. The controller worked fine on the Xbox before I used it on my PC. After I tried to plug it back in to the Xbox it no longer works with
    the Xbox. It still works on my PC. I tried everything I could think of to get it to work again to no avail. If I unplug the controller or everything and plug things back in it works, but if the controller is plugged back in as well the LED goes red. Checked
    for bent pins or shorting in the USB ports, but that bore no fruit either. I am still able to plug in my wireless controllers into the USB ports and they charge and work just fine. I even tried to plug in just the breakaway cable by itself and the light stays
    amber. But when I plugged the controller into the breakaway cable the LED immediately turned red. At a loss. Any help would be appreciated. I do understand that I may need to get a new controller, but there has to be something else that can resolve the issue.

BahamutFire79, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Game help

Hmm... strange, I've seen several people mention the same type of issue with their BluRay app. Have you done a hard reset (hold power for 8 seconds, wait for a solid orange light on the power brick, then power back on)?
  5. Mark Sherwood Win User

Power Brick Issue

Hey there :)

Sure you can! Your going to want to head on over to the service center (CLICK HERE) and register your product.

From there you should be able to select "replacement accessories" and your good to go!

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Power Brick Issues

There are some proper Microsoft power bricks on eBay, but the prices are quite high as there's not currently any other way to buy one.

I agree with 989 though - the third party ones are to be avoided, as they're usually low quality and probably haven't gone through a lot of testing. Also, I believe that using one would void your console's warranty due to it being an unauthorised accessory.
    MS will not take responsibility if a dodgy third party PSU fries your machine.
  7. borocat1 Win User

Power Brick Issues

Same problem on my 360. A power surge wiped out the original brick, bought what I thought was a Microsoft brand replacement. It wasn't and now it overheats after 30ish minutes. Takes a couple of hours to cool down. Doesn't kill the power though. Says "reconnect
    controller" and the center green light on the console goes out. (Not batteries)
  8. Agent Smith1825 Win User

Power Brick Issues

I'd love to do that. Do you know where I can go to buy one?
Thema:

1. Severe power brick(?) issue - Similar Threads - Severe power brick

2. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  3. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...
  4. After logging in to my several xbox accounts, I don't receive the verification code via...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After logging in to my several xbox accounts, I don't receive the verification code via...: I need to get a code via sms to log in to the accounts I have on my xbox, but after receiving 18 codes for the different accounts I have, the code no longer comes and the phone number I registered...
  5. Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...: I have been trying for a while to access Minecraft Multiplayer but it is greyed out, saying I need to change my Microsoft account settings, and I have tried changing my family role to organiser,...
  6. I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.: I can't log into any Microsoft related accounts. Upon logging in I get the error message "Please try again later, " or "The application has made too many requests. Press Retry to continue."...
  7. i have several accounts and i am getting billed for ones i don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have several accounts and i am getting billed for ones i don’t use: i am being billed for accounts that are not being used, how do i find out what accounts are not active? aafa133c-26ed-4302-9887-5d91eb9aafde
  8. Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...: Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i know. 9d3c7c1a-0dd6-4d65-920f-da382e3614ee
  9. I redeemed a code for minecraft bedrock several years ago before you got both versions in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a code for minecraft bedrock several years ago before you got both versions in a...: A little while back they made it so you can get java/bedrock free if you have the other version and i’m wondering if i can still get it for free ab2b62b4-8e40-4299-a177-378cbbf08c96
  10. The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...

in XBoX on Windows
    The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...: The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This includes mobile and pc/xbox seaches on multiple accounts - having to wait between searches or they will...