Setting up console on the xbox app

Discus and support Setting up console on the xbox app in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; So I got Series S the day they released it and I've been trying to set up my Series S on the app but whenever I try to it always says the same thing,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by PonchoIsHere, Jun 16, 2021.

1. PonchoIsHere
    PonchoIsHere Guest

So I got Series S the day they released it and I've been trying to set up my Series S on the app but whenever I try to it always says the same thing, "Something went wrong. Try again later." Then I would try again and it would just give me the same error message over and over again. And this is only happening with my Series S, somehow I was able to set up my Xbox One on the app but whenever I try to set up the Series S it just doesn't want to do it. And I've tried a lot of things to try and fix it like restarting my console and restarting my phone and it just doesn't work. So please help.

:)

PonchoIsHere, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Xbox app console set up

Hi Aidan C, my name is Jose and it is my pleasure to help you.

I think I responded to a post you made in the community forum asking you to follow some steps to find the code so you can finish configuring Xbox in your application. By chance, have you already followed all the steps mentioned above?

In case you lost the publication, you can take a look at it here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/0b88a9f9-2af1-41c8-b728-45b31b12ecdc

I await your response, so I can provide you with better help.

Greetings,
    Jose.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

First, try to power cycle your console, and remove and re-add your profile.

If the issue persists, I would recommend trying these troubleshooting steps:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear

If the issue still persists, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If the issue keeps on happening, you can soft reset the console by; Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

You can also try to reinstall the app all over again in the process to see if it corrects the issue.
  4. CinderGhost Win User

Console set up in Mobile App

This is an old thread but it seems to be a similar problem, might even be the same problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ain-code/819e45b3-bcdf-4e13-a0b5-baa364c68d2a

Is your console connected to the internet and everything? I remember I had a strange thing like this too when I connected my console to my phone's app (it doesn't matter which device, the Xbox Companion App connection process is pretty much the same I think)
  5. Francia J. Win User

Instillation for game/keeps stopping

It looks like your console is not added to your Xbox App. On the app's home kindly click the console icon then set up a console.
  6. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

setting up the console!!!!

If the Live service is not officially supported in your country then you may well be restricted to online gaming only. Other features that are available in supported countries may not be available for you to use where you live.

As far as choosing a default locale I'm afraid I do not know.
Thema:

1. Setting up console on the xbox app - Similar Threads - Setting console app

2. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  3. Rewards weekly set streaks on console app

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards weekly set streaks on console app: Is there a way to save the streaks we currently are on through the rewards app on the console? I really enjoy this feature and would hate to see it go. I think it's a great way to engage and get...
  4. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  5. Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.: Every time I turn on my console I have to go through the whole console setup process with the app. I’ve read similar issues in this community and here’s what I have already checked. I have the Dec...
  6. Xbox app console set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app console set up: I tried to set up a console and couldn’t find the code. I looked up how to find it and followed the steps but I still couldn’t find it. fb8a7517-df5e-4ab9-9c2f-48742a9b17d0
  7. I’m trying to set up a console on the Xbox app but there aren’t any codes that appear on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to set up a console on the Xbox app but there aren’t any codes that appear on my...: No codes show in the remote features 0b88a9f9-2af1-41c8-b728-45b31b12ecdc
  8. How do I use the xbox app to connect my console to a laptop and set up a different internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use the xbox app to connect my console to a laptop and set up a different internet...: I have an xbox series s.. when I went to a friends house with my xbox and connected it to one of his laptops monitor (since my laptop didnt have an hdmi port) and signed in with the xbox app and...
  9. Xbox Series X doesn’t appear on the Xbox iOS app, its says “Set up a console”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X doesn’t appear on the Xbox iOS app, its says “Set up a console”: So for the current week, I am visiting a relative in a different state. My Xbox in Maryland has remote features on and cloud gaming. However, yesterday, I checked the Xbox app and saw that there...
  10. Everytime I use the xbox app I have to set up my console again. Up to date app and xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I use the xbox app I have to set up my console again. Up to date app and xbox...: Xbox up says I need to set a console to use remote functions. I have to reconnect my console everytime I close and open my app. My Xbox One did not have this issue....