setting up an old xbox presents me with problems...

Discus and support setting up an old xbox presents me with problems... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I created a new account for a friend. she wants to use streaming offers like prime on xbox 360 and play some old games. now they ask me for my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Marcus Esau, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Marcus Esau
    Marcus Esau Guest

I created a new account for a friend.

she wants to use streaming offers like prime on xbox 360 and play some old games.

now they ask me for my security question and for my 4 digit pin.

I finally deactivated the security question.

I'm now asking what
    else is to come and whether this
    generation of consoles can still be used.

:)

Marcus Esau, Feb 13, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have questions about the Xbox 360.

Actually, there has been no updates anymore when it comes to Xbox 360 due to the newer generation that came out.

But yes, you can still stream and play games on that console and some of the games are still updated as well depending on the version of the game. Xbox 360 is still running at the moment but is no longer being maintained.
  3. GrantTindall Win User

Setting up Xbox/MAC address

See, the problem is, I cant navigate to network settings like that page suggests if I’m doing xbox set-up. It’s a endless circle of I cant get to my settings without setting up a network, and I can’t get on my network without my MAC address. Why xbox doesn’t
    have a way to view your MAC address from before having to set up your network beats me. Sony doesn’t present you with this problem, you don’t have to set up a network right away. If xbox at least let you access your settings before this, I wouldn’t be reconsidering
    my purchase right now.
  4. Henry.Gray Win User

Help with changing email address

unfortunatly this is annoying and I have had it done to me, as stated you would have to recover the password to your old email address and remove it from your present email. Whenever you need to verify your email it will always send the code to your old
    email. To that end, once done I suggest setting up the option to send the code to a mobile/Cell Phone.
  5. deathbyfoodtray Win User

Mic not working

the headset came with the xbox and it was bought for me last year as a wedding present so it is just over a year old. it sounds to me like your telling me i have to buy another xbox since its over 30 days old
  6. Murderstyle75 Win User

Is that normal i have so many ads on the dashboard ?

Ads are normal but the presentation is not. The Xbox Dashboard is set up in a way that usually represents a free model.
Thema:

1. setting up an old xbox presents me with problems... - Similar Threads - setting old presents

2. Will my new xbox series x be affected if I restore my old xbox one to factory settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my new xbox series x be affected if I restore my old xbox one to factory settings?: Will my new console be affected if I restore my old xbox to factory settings? All the games etc have been switched across. 90dfc001-58ad-4233-b331-74ac5ec0ce1b
  3. i can't play minecraft i have 18+ years old setted and all options allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't play minecraft i have 18+ years old setted and all options allowed: i can't play minecraft i have 18+ years old setted and all options allowed 0198a1dd-7326-4629-9eca-027c38e8d9cb
  4. I've been locked out of my account and it's set up to my old phone number. It's really old,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been locked out of my account and it's set up to my old phone number. It's really old,...: I've been locked out of my account and it's set up to my old phone number. It's really old, so when I try the security questions form it's saying I still can't get in. Help...
  5. Xbox One (old version) trying to set up and link with LGWebOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One (old version) trying to set up and link with LGWebOS: I try to connect my Xbox One through/with LG WebOS (old version) But the Xbox One has only ding sound (when I’d try to reset the Xbox), TV’s still has black screen and does not have anything...
  6. Can´t download games even tough I´m 18 years old and my account is set on the exact date of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can´t download games even tough I´m 18 years old and my account is set on the exact date of...: I can´t download Doom eternal on my laptop through Xbox game pass. I am not part of any family group. It says that this content is age restricted and to ask my parents for permission to download....
  7. why cant i set a custom profile picture im old anof

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i set a custom profile picture im old anof: i cant set a profile picture on my xbox and people keep sayng that there is a maintments goinng on 840e9a1e-cc9c-4d21-b3ba-0656be207092
  8. COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old: Hi. Sorry if this has been asked to death but I couldnt find an easy answer. I have set my son up as a family member and set age appropriate content to 9 on our Xbox one X. I thought that would...
  9. bought xbox1, 3wks ago set up a new xbox live account want to merge it with my old 360 account ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought xbox1, 3wks ago set up a new xbox live account want to merge it with my old 360 account ...: I finely decided to update to xbox 1 and set it up with out knowing better i made a new live account i would like to if i can get my points from my old account and transfer to new one so i can do...
  10. mic on head set not working less than a year old

in XBoX on Consoles
    mic on head set not working less than a year old: I bought an official xbox one headset in February this year. the microphone has stopped working, when I took it back to the shop they said it only had a 6 month warranty, is this correct?...