Setting automatic timer for Xbox games

Discus and support Setting automatic timer for Xbox games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was told there is a way to set automatic “shut off” after a certain amt of time for Xbox ? 0926090d-a150-44d5-a9e6-bd9f59985a08 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KmillerMB, May 19, 2021.

1. KmillerMB
    KmillerMB Guest

I was told there is a way to set automatic “shut off” after a certain amt of time for Xbox ?

:)

KmillerMB, May 19, 2021
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

XB1X shutdown

Also see if there are parental settings on the console. For instance, there are gaming timers so that only so many hours can be played on the Xbox under parental controls, and also "break reminders" for if you're on it too long. I would check in the settings
    to see if there are any automatic timers set to turn the console off.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Getting disconnected from live at 22:30 every night

Have you thought to check your family settings on the console? It's quite possible that there is a timer set up to automatically shut down/disconnect.
  5. MRallamagoosa Win User

Hi how do you unlock pyramid timed setting achievement? I set it to timer mode on achievement page

Start a pyramid game, open menu and options while in game, timer on/off should be the first in the list. When you change it, a new game with the new setting will automatically start. Timer should appear on top right.

One game should be enough for the achievement (I got it years ago so I cannot verify this last point directly).
  6. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

XB1X shutdown

Look in the parental settings see if a timer is set to shut the Xbox down, or your Xbox power supply is connected to a timer plug, more likely the parental setting
Thema:

1. Setting automatic timer for Xbox games - Similar Threads - Setting automatic timer

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  4. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  5. Want to fix my head set

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to fix my head set: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?: Whenever I turn my Xbox’s HDMI override setting on, the option to turn on variable refresh rate is greyed out. Is there anyway to turn on variable refresh rate, with the HDMI override setting on?...
  7. How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...: Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level. No matter how many times I turn it back down...
  8. Xbox App PC installs updates when Enable Automatic Updates is not set

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App PC installs updates when Enable Automatic Updates is not set: Despite having turned off (unchecked) Enable automatic updates, the app keeps on starting massive Game Pass updates and using up my metered connection. Not all of us are privileged to live in...
  9. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...
  10. System language was automatically set in English.

in XboX Insiders
    System language was automatically set in English.: I have set my Xbox Series X language to Greek. After the latest update, language was automatically set to English, and I can't set Greek language back again. I have filled a report. Please fix...