Setting a language other than the prevalent one in your region?

Discus and support Setting a language other than the prevalent one in your region? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, sorry - couldn't find any helpful information on the subject. Basically, my problem is that whilst I live in Austria, I prefer my OS language,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CATPAIN KIRK, Jan 3, 2014.

1. CATPAIN KIRK
    CATPAIN KIRK Guest

Hello, sorry - couldn't find any helpful information on the subject.

Basically, my problem is that whilst I live in Austria, I prefer my OS language, games and streaming contents to be in English. When selecting language options on my Xbox one and picking English, I don't have the option of picking Austria - only countries
    having English as their official first language.

So far so bad - I could just pick another country, but now the next problem is that I use an Austrian Visa card and my billing address is in Austria, so when I enter the store, I receive an error message telling me that my account and Xbox one location don't
    match.

Whilst the games I have so far let me pick English as a language, I assume all movies I'd buy would be dubbed in German, which basically renders the entire movie rental/ streaming aspect fundamentally useless to me. Moreover, there's still the lack of an
    option setting the desired OS language and the correct location at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

CATPAIN KIRK, Jan 3, 2014
  2. TMX boxburn
    TMX boxburn Guest
    Change xbox360 language COMPLETELY

This issue is due to your account region. Despite your console settings your console will download information from Xbox Live including the language causing some of the dashboard to display in your account regions language and other bits in the consoles
    set language.

-

There is currently no fix to this other than disconnecting from Xbox Live (which isn't usually a real option).

TMX boxburn, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Its Zednam
    Its Zednam Guest
    Achievements are displayed in a different language.

Go to "settings" then to "Language & Location" and check your language. It might be in the wrong one.

Click here for a step by step of how to find your language settings.

Its Zednam, Jan 3, 2014
  4. D Trounson
    D Trounson Guest

Just pinging a reply on this thread as well, there are lots of others just like it, but none seem to have any attention yet. I am hoping that if we are active on enough threads we might actually receive an update on this issue.

D Trounson, Feb 26, 2014
  5. D Trounson Win User

Just pinging a reply on this thread as well, there are lots of others just like it, but none seem to have any attention yet. I am hoping that if we are active on enough threads we might actually receive an update on this issue.
  6. TMX boxburn Win User

Change xbox360 language COMPLETELY

This issue is due to your account region. Despite your console settings your console will download information from Xbox Live including the language causing some of the dashboard to display in your account regions language and other bits in the consoles
    set language.

-

There is currently no fix to this other than disconnecting from Xbox Live (which isn't usually a real option).
  7. Wraith8484 Win User

X-Box support

Hello VojtasKraus,

Thanks for using the Ambassadors Forum.

First, please check the region and language on your Xbox Console. Assuming you are on the Xbox One, go to Settings -> System then language and location. Select your region and language. Note that you may have to reinitialize your console.

Other than that, launch your game, go to Options -> Sound -> Spoken Language. Select the one you want. Note that the game only offers a few options for spoken language.

Hope that helps!
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

[retrocompatibilidade] forza horizon audio pt-br

Hi Mauricioc,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. We understand you have the disk of the game and want the language in Portuguese. First we recommend to check the in game settings. There may be a language setting. Other is what is the language set to on
    your Xbox console? If your console is set to English it will play it in English. You may have purchased an English version of the disk also.

To check language on the console go to settings>system>language and location make sure both are in your area and Portuguese language than try the game.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. onyxishere Win User

Fable 2 on Russian

Which country is your gamertag set for? If there is no option to change the language to your local language then that suggests that your gamertag is set for a different country than you live in.
Thema:

1. Setting a language other than the prevalent one in your region? - Similar Threads - Setting language prevalent

2. Language region setting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Language region setting: [img] hi I’ve been having this problem for awhile now and can’t download digital games purchased from online uk retail game store. my Xbox series s was bought from the uk and my settings are...
  3. Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?: Hi, Problem: games from Game Pass install by default in German language. I need to have them in English. I am subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. My Windows 10 display language settings is...
  4. E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    E-Mail, X-Box notifications displayed in different language to account setting: My main language is set to English(United Kingdom) is every setting I can find on my online Microsoft and Xbox live account, I have also attempted all suggestion in the posts:...
  5. Provide an app-based preferred language setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Provide an app-based preferred language setting: Some games don't have an in-game selection of supported languages. The language changed with the system language setting. My Xbox language is currently set to English, while I would like to play...
  6. FH4 still prompts to download Portuguese language on startup when console is set to...

in XboX Insiders
    FH4 still prompts to download Portuguese language on startup when console is set to...: Hi, the problem where FH4 prompts to install Portuguese is still present on consoles set to Dutch. Portuguese is not a language related to the Netherlands or the Dutch language, it makes no...
  7. Can't set Yakuza 3 Remastered language to other than Japanese

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't set Yakuza 3 Remastered language to other than Japanese: I downloaded Yakuza 3 Remastered from the Xbox Store since it's free for Game Pass users, but when I install the game and run it, the game is automatically in Japanese, and there's no option in...
  8. My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.

in XboX Insiders
    My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.: Why was this not being communicated and i had to learn this from a mod's comment blocking a Question on this issue? submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox App on Windows is set by default on English language

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox App on Windows is set by default on English language: Even if Xbox App is set on Windows language different by English, Xbox Cloud Gaming on it will open game and load screen in English lang. submitted by /u/Videatur [link] [comments]
  10. Provide an app-based preferred language setting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Provide an app-based preferred language setting: Some games don't have an in-game selection of supported languages. The language changed with the system language setting. My Xbox language is currently set to English, while I would like to play...