Setting a language other than the prevalent one in your region?

Discus and support Setting a language other than the prevalent one in your region? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, sorry - couldn't find any helpful information on the subject. Basically, my problem is that whilst I live in Austria, I prefer my OS language,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CATPAIN KIRK, Jan 3, 2014.

1. CATPAIN KIRK
    CATPAIN KIRK Guest

Hello, sorry - couldn't find any helpful information on the subject.

Basically, my problem is that whilst I live in Austria, I prefer my OS language, games and streaming contents to be in English. When selecting language options on my Xbox one and picking English, I don't have the option of picking Austria - only countries
    having English as their official first language.

So far so bad - I could just pick another country, but now the next problem is that I use an Austrian Visa card and my billing address is in Austria, so when I enter the store, I receive an error message telling me that my account and Xbox one location don't
    match.

Whilst the games I have so far let me pick English as a language, I assume all movies I'd buy would be dubbed in German, which basically renders the entire movie rental/ streaming aspect fundamentally useless to me. Moreover, there's still the lack of an
    option setting the desired OS language and the correct location at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

CATPAIN KIRK, Jan 3, 2014
  2. TMX boxburn
    TMX boxburn Guest
    Change xbox360 language COMPLETELY

This issue is due to your account region. Despite your console settings your console will download information from Xbox Live including the language causing some of the dashboard to display in your account regions language and other bits in the consoles
    set language.

-

There is currently no fix to this other than disconnecting from Xbox Live (which isn't usually a real option).

TMX boxburn, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Its Zednam
    Its Zednam Guest
    Achievements are displayed in a different language.

Go to "settings" then to "Language & Location" and check your language. It might be in the wrong one.

Click here for a step by step of how to find your language settings.

Its Zednam, Jan 3, 2014
  4. D Trounson
    D Trounson Guest

Just pinging a reply on this thread as well, there are lots of others just like it, but none seem to have any attention yet. I am hoping that if we are active on enough threads we might actually receive an update on this issue.

D Trounson, Feb 26, 2014
  5. D Trounson Win User

Just pinging a reply on this thread as well, there are lots of others just like it, but none seem to have any attention yet. I am hoping that if we are active on enough threads we might actually receive an update on this issue.
  6. TMX boxburn Win User

Change xbox360 language COMPLETELY

This issue is due to your account region. Despite your console settings your console will download information from Xbox Live including the language causing some of the dashboard to display in your account regions language and other bits in the consoles
    set language.

-

There is currently no fix to this other than disconnecting from Xbox Live (which isn't usually a real option).
  7. Wraith8484 Win User

X-Box support

Hello VojtasKraus,

Thanks for using the Ambassadors Forum.

First, please check the region and language on your Xbox Console. Assuming you are on the Xbox One, go to Settings -> System then language and location. Select your region and language. Note that you may have to reinitialize your console.

Other than that, launch your game, go to Options -> Sound -> Spoken Language. Select the one you want. Note that the game only offers a few options for spoken language.

Hope that helps!
  8. maxen Win User

why my game no chinese

FYI: you've linked the wrong page.

Which language the game gets downloaded in is pre-determined by your location, and in most cases cannot be changed in game settings. The language is chosen depending on what supported languages are available, and which of these is deemed most appropriate
    for your region.

You are probably in a region where it something other than Chinese has been set as the default language, and there is no option for you to alter this, unfortunately.
  9. ngocphi Win User

skate. (Xbox 360) in French on Xbox Series X (Backwards Compatibility)

The thing is skate is a bc title

Therefore region lock rules apply

So choosing another region will not work nor will changing your language

With the region locks your account region and actual region MUST match

And only languages available in your physical region would be available

Changing the console region or the language region will not affect this

You would have to find the German language content in your region

Disk copy still has to download the patch from online

The content would have set language set you wouldd have to browse the marketplace for the other language if available

Very very few games have inmenu language options

HALO wars comes to mind

Language and region independence is only an xbox one or higher feature
Thema:

1. Setting a language other than the prevalent one in your region? - Similar Threads - Setting language prevalent

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. My head set is bricked

in XBoX on Consoles
    My head set is bricked: My headset is bricked. It wont turn on or off. The mic dial shows light even tho the headset is turned off. It is a Xbox wireless headset 0efef118-3a0d-4df6-b61f-e26f533b7214
  4. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  5. Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...: So I was going to update my xbox last night to get the update that fixed the save issue in Baldur's Gate 3 and noticed when I go to check update status that it shows English United Kingdom...
  6. NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING: same as topic ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 189c31a2-93d7-49bc-bfc2-13430cedfc87
  7. Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...: Hello! I'm from Ukraine and I was one of the first to buy the PC Game Pass when it launched in Ukraine. However, there is an integration with EA, where you can install and play games from EA in...
  8. How to set default language in games

in XboX Insiders
    How to set default language in games: Hello How can I set default installation language of the games to English without changing my Windows regional settings? It is currently set to German but I want to play all of my games in...
  9. System language was automatically set in English.

in XboX Insiders
    System language was automatically set in English.: I have set my Xbox Series X language to Greek. After the latest update, language was automatically set to English, and I can't set Greek language back again. I have filled a report. Please fix...
  10. Language Settings in Store Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Language Settings in Store Needed: In the Xbox store on series x you cannot filter or set default language and it's causing customers to purchase content not in their language. For example look at Evil Dead ( the new one) or Ghost...