Set up new Xbox, had digital downloads for games, now want to sell.

Discus and support Set up new Xbox, had digital downloads for games, now want to sell. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, yesterday I bought a new Xbox, with a digital download for Minecraft and and some DLC. However we are not impressed with it and i'd like to sell it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimelessBoot429, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Set up new Xbox, had digital downloads for games, now want to sell.

Hi, yesterday I bought a new Xbox, with a digital download for Minecraft and and some DLC. However we are not impressed with it and i'd like to sell it (I can't return it to the shop as I've 'used' it)

Can I sell the console on with these digital downloads still on the console if I wipe all my account details. I was hoping they would give me the discs I didn't realise that they were codes.

Thanks.

:)

TimelessBoot429, Jan 2, 2018
  2. Jeremy DX
    Jeremy DX Guest
    Day One Games and day one digital release

Why would I want to do that...

I buy every game I play "NEW" and I never sell them. Recently bought two games that were released over 4 years ago "NEW".

Discs are nuisance, and Digital is so much better.

With Digital I will be able to switch between games instantly and set up matches in the background while I play a different game.

Jeremy DX, Jan 2, 2018
  3. SNlPER l
    SNlPER l Guest
    Digital Game Purchases

Digital downloads are a complete con and rip off. I kept my 360 when I bought the Xone but my problem is with the xbox one digital downloads. I downloaded call of duty ghost on the Xone and the game totally sucks. Normally I would trade or sell the game
    for something new but now I'm stuck with a digital download I will never play again. Never again!!!

SNlPER l, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Afraid not.Once you've used the codes and downloaded the game it is tied to the account that downloaded it.

Not sure why you can't take it back to the shop even if you've used it once,i know different countries have different consumer laws etc. but surely you have at least 7 days to get a refund as you are not satisfied with your purchase? You should check the
    returns policy of where ever you bought it from.

Daft Badger, Jan 3, 2018
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Afraid not.Once you've used the codes and downloaded the game it is tied to the account that downloaded it.

Not sure why you can't take it back to the shop even if you've used it once,i know different countries have different consumer laws etc. but surely you have at least 7 days to get a refund as you are not satisfied with your purchase? You should check the
    returns policy of where ever you bought it from.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Digital only console

Since you still can buy "non-digital" consoles with disc drive, you can still get such a console if you want to keep your disc based games. The consoles with disc drive can also be used to download games digitally.

As for getting a digital version for your disc purchase, that probably won't happen, as the publishers would face the problem of their game not selling anymore.

Imagine a person buying the game on disc. Then telling Microsoft, they went digital, get the download version for free, and then sell the disc.

The new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

Then the new disc owner tells Microsoft they went digital, gets the free download and sells the disc.

etc...

Eventually, the whole world owns the game digitally, but the game was really only sold once, causing a huge loss for the game's publisher.

So if you still want to keep your discs, simply don't buy the all digital version of the Xbox One console.
  7. SNlPER l Win User

Digital Game Purchases

Digital downloads are a complete con and rip off. I kept my 360 when I bought the Xone but my problem is with the xbox one digital downloads. I downloaded call of duty ghost on the Xone and the game totally sucks. Normally I would trade or sell the game
    for something new but now I'm stuck with a digital download I will never play again. Never again!!!
  8. Jeremy DX Win User

Day One Games and day one digital release

Why would I want to do that...

I buy every game I play "NEW" and I never sell them. Recently bought two games that were released over 4 years ago "NEW".

Discs are nuisance, and Digital is so much better.

With Digital I will be able to switch between games instantly and set up matches in the background while I play a different game.
  9. KingDouglas13 Win User

How to sell physical / digital games?

Looking to sell digital download for 'Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition' Xbox One. I already own the game and I bought the new Xbox One S battlefield edition which came with the digital download code.(Clearly don't need 2 of the
    same game lol). Would sell for around $40 since the basic version of the game is selling for $50 still.
Thema:

1. Set up new Xbox, had digital downloads for games, now want to sell. - Similar Threads - Set digital downloads

2. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  3. Xbox one pro controller set on fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one pro controller set on fire: So my Xbox one pro controller ignited in my hands last night on the 24th of April 2024 all I did was start up call of duty modern warfare 3 I was using some Duracell batteries in it but it got hot...
  4. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  5. My head set is bricked

in XBoX on Consoles
    My head set is bricked: My headset is bricked. It wont turn on or off. The mic dial shows light even tho the headset is turned off. It is a Xbox wireless headset 0efef118-3a0d-4df6-b61f-e26f533b7214
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  8. Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?: AT this point our library isn't going to mean much going forward would love a way to sell off my games. He said it at on of the old E3 I think. 6445dbf6-2211-4ec7-8585-32e8edf2ebc1
  9. Volume Steps Setting (under Digital Assistants) not working

in XboX Insiders
    Volume Steps Setting (under Digital Assistants) not working: Trying to report this via the console, but the screen has been hanging for the last 10 minutes and it's my third time trying today. You can configure how many steps to lower the volume when using...
  10. trying to buy something on fortnight and it is asking for a 6 digit pass key...I never set one ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    trying to buy something on fortnight and it is asking for a 6 digit pass key...I never set one ...: My son is trying to buy an addition on fortnight and it is asking for a 6 digit pass key...I never set up a 6 digit number. Anyone else encounter this? f1aa67aa-e463-4adc-bb09-1520b461557c