Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account?

Discus and support Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Years ago I made the mistake of allowing my child to start using the Xbox without making a separate account for him. He had access to my saved games... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AndrewRye, Sep 8, 2022.

1. AndrewRye
    AndrewRye Guest

Years ago I made the mistake of allowing my child to start using the Xbox without making a separate account for him. He had access to my saved games and I was kind of done playing the Xbox at that point and didn't see the big deal. Fast forward to today, I really need to put a screen time limit on how long he gets to play each day, but I can't figure out a way to do that on a primary account. Is this possible?

If this isn't possible, I've seen posts where you can somehow link the email from the primary account to a new one that's listed as a child. Is that a possible solution?

I really don't want to have to make him lose all his saved data and start completely fresh with a new account.

:)

AndrewRye, Sep 8, 2022
  2. AndrewRye Win User

Are there official instructions to do what is mentioned in this thread?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/game-progress-from-parent-account-to-child-account/c53e7a65-dd95-4013-bcc1-e13cb87ed036
  3. AndrewRye Win User

What if I create a new parent account under my family group, then re-add my initial primary account as a child account? Is that possible?

Surely there's a workaround here for this. I can't be the only one with this predicament.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Since the primary account would be an adult account, that's not possible. You would have to create a child account for him which would mean he would have to start over.
  5. Ennileah ☆ Win User

On demand TIme limits

6. SammieChaos Win User

sleep timer

You can set time limits by creating a child account for the person you are wanting to add these limits to. All you'll need to do is set up a
    Family Account then add your child to that account.

If you need help with setting up Screen Time, you can find the step by step instructions here; Set up screen
    time limits for your child
Thema:

1. Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account? - Similar Threads - Set Screen limit

2. When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...: My screen says in description that it can run 1440p at 120fps for console gaming(AOC 1440p 155hz adaptive sync) but when i try to set my resolution to 1440p it wont let me use 120hz only 60hz and...
  3. Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen: Screen shows black when i relaunched into settings, my tv shows a black screen. I cannot see anything and everything is blank [img] d55e201d-a106-4dce-a72e-03556d9aa960
  4. Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen: My Xbox series x stays blank screen I have tried the power down and power up holding eject and power for 20 seconds but the screen just stays black 30623de8-8b64-43e1-bd84-53ae15ad964e
  5. The TV I use does not have the settings needed to get the fell size screen, but there is a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The TV I use does not have the settings needed to get the fell size screen, but there is a...: In the Calibrate TV option, on the screen for size, there is a green full size and blue minimum size box. I cannot get the green full size box to fit my TV screen, how do I set it so it displays...
  6. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***...
  7. I changed my video settings around and I now can’t see my screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my video settings around and I now can’t see my screen: Please someone help I’ve changed my video settings and I accidentally restarted my console somehow so I can’t access my settings, remote play needs setting up so I can’t see my screen on my phone...
  8. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. 55aff269-2c41-4950-9b0f-701cb9dc1621
  9. I got black screen while playing gta v in max setting, display lost signal. have to restart...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got black screen while playing gta v in max setting, display lost signal. have to restart...: this keep happening for couple days now. just only happen when i play gta v. i'm able to play gta v for like 10 - 40 mins then got black screen. the mouse when press esc to get in map or sometime...
  10. Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?: Without the ability to set an organizer account time limit, there are workarounds to screen time and I’m sure there are some adults who could benefit from this as well, just like we do with apple...