SERIS X won't install or download any games purchased from store or through game pass

Discus and support SERIS X won't install or download any games purchased from store or through game pass in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Tried game pass, couldn't install game, tried buying game, can't I stall game. Tried switching off and on again, restarting router, etc,etc. Want to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Charlie Henderson-Bond, Jan 16, 2023.

1. SERIS X won't install or download any games purchased from store or through game pass

Tried game pass, couldn't install game, tried buying game, can't I stall game.

Tried switching off and on again, restarting router, etc,etc.

Want to throw it out of the window at present.

4 hours have been wasted trying to download a game.

I feel really ripped off and my poor lad is so disappointed as its his Christmas present.

We've never been able to buy a new console before and now we have disappointed is an understatement

:)

Charlie Henderson-Bond, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

SERIS X won't install or download any games purchased from store or through game pass

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, what is the exact error or issue that you're experiencing whenever you're trying to install games on your Xbox Series X?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Re-buying games on the Series S already installed on an External Hard Drive

Hi,

When you run a game on either an Xbox One or Series X/S it first looks to see if you own the licence (digital). If you don't own a digital license the console will check for a disc. But as the Series S has no optical Blu-ray Drive it will display a message
    and the game will not run.

Other installed games - regardless of how they got on the storage device - that also can be purchased from the Xbox Store won't need to downloaded again. Purchasing an already installed game will convert it to a digital license.

But you will have to buy any pre-installed games if you don't own them digitally.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Issue

Since the games are made for a Series S/X, then yeah, if you had a Series S/X console and could install the games, then everyone could play them. Sharing the subscription (as it currently works) only allows other profiles to access certain benefits such as accessing any games you download from the Game Pass subscription and the ability to play online. Other benefits are only available to the account that purchases the subscription.
  5. Aryotus Win User

2 Accounts Signed in on same series x, both will open the same game

Make 1 of the Xboxes the "Home Xbox". When done make sure privacy and sharing preferences are set on the "Home Xbox" to share. After that all the games on the "Home Xbox" are accessible by any profile added to that "Home Xbox. The other (non "Home Xbox) has to have the game purchased under that 2nd Xboxes main profile or purchased as a gift from any profile and sent to a chosen profile to be downloaded when that profile signs onto their Xbox. I have an Xbox One X in my living room controlled by my 2nd account profile. I have a Series X in my game room "Home Xbox" controlled by my 1st profile. Example; I log on the Series X with that main profile and buy/download Division 2 with all expansions and passes. I then log on the One X with my 2nd profile (main for that One X) and buy/download Division 2 with out the expansion and passes. So now a family member adds their profile to the One X, if they own the Division 2 they can play it and as much of the content that I have purchased. To play the full version on the One X someone has to buy it for that console, However anyone else that logs onto the One X with their profile that doesn't own any of Division 2 content can't play it at all. They can launch it but it will direct them to the store. Now adding Ultimate Game Pass to the One X allows profiles to download and play any games available through game pass. Remember my Series X will allow any profile added and signed onto can play any games and use the Ultimate Game Pass to download and play from my Series X. One X has limitations for profiles due to that profile owners games owned and which games are in the One X. Confusing ........ ?
  6. Smwutches Win User

Hello, I am not able to install forza Motorsport on Xbox One using game pass subscription. It said try installing on Xbox series X|S.

That game has not been released for the One. Just the Series S/X and PC. If you have Game Pass Ultimate, you may be able to play it through the cloud, but you won't be able to install it.
Thema:

1. SERIS X won't install or download any games purchased from store or through game pass - Similar Threads - SERIS won't install

2. Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.: I tried downloading the Blu-Ray Player from the Microsoft Store, and for some reason, it refuses to actually download. It remains stuck at 0% despite me having left it to download overnight in...
  3. New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update for Xbox won't install on my series X. Error code 80070570: I've tried all the things you would think of to get this update to install. Restarting. Unplugging. Switch networks. Hardwiring. Deleting account from console. Resetting keeping games and apps....
  4. microsoft xbox series x flight simulator won't finish installing, how to make it finish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft xbox series x flight simulator won't finish installing, how to make it finish?: Hi, This is very frustrating for me but I didn't have anywhere else to ask as I couldn't find exactly the issue when searching - although some more general which are possibly related. I have an...
  5. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  6. Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?: So as the question states, my Xbox is refusing to let me install disc offline, first I tried with call of duty advanced warfare and it wouldn't install, I thought oh disc must be broken. However,...
  7. My xbox series x won't install or download items from shop. Already reset console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't install or download items from shop. Already reset console,...: Installation just stops. Trying again just shows it where it stopped, doesn't move, then concludes. Won't allow me to update any games either. 1e89461f-55ba-4c70-a82e-620c5a003407
  8. Xbox series x won't update or install games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't update or install games or apps: Since few days ago my Xbox series x won't update or install any game or apps. It start the download and after few seconds "installazione arrestata"...all of the times. I tryed to restart the...
  9. 2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install: Like the title says this is the 2nd brand new copy of Lego 2k Drive that simply doesn't do anything when put into my Xbox series x. I've went through all the generic trouble shooting including...
  10. My xbox series x won't install anything.

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox series x won't install anything.: My xbox won't install anything and I've basically tried everything to fix it. Im on a xbox series x but the same problem occured to my previous console and is the reason I upgraded. My current...