Serious Enforcement Problem

Discus and support Serious Enforcement Problem in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; On Saturday I had my gamertag taken from me on the grounds that it's "offensive", blacklisted, my appeal completely ignored, and having talked with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FattyGottedHigh, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Serious Enforcement Problem

On Saturday I had my gamertag taken from me on the grounds that it's "offensive", blacklisted, my appeal completely ignored, and having talked with customer service a few times since, I've grown more than a little disheartened with the entire process.

To bring some context, I've had the same gamertag in place for over 12 years, more than a decade without it ever having raised a red flag. Moreover, it's STILL my account name here on the Microsoft Forums, where it continues to be deemed inoffensive by anyone who reads it. I've used this handle on a myriad of other social media platforms over the years as well, including Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and a several other hosts none of whom have ever had a problem with it, until now. It's very much my tied to my online identity, it's personal, unique, something very few people would ever even think up, and how a great many of my friends online have come to know me. I don't want to change it, I shouldn't have to change it, and since I've made it Xbox implemented new guidelines so that I can't breach a 12 character limit in a new tag creation. Let alone the hashtag they're going to place on it which, I absolutely do not want.

That being said, despite my decade of being a customer, the money, time, and energy I've placed into this Xbox, despite my mostly clean record, and despite my pleas to have it returned several times over the course of the last week, I've been given nothing in the way of a fair, and earnest response. There was no conversation, there was no explanation as to how it was deemed offensive, and as I'm realizing now, I don't actually have any recourse at all.

The support representatives I've spoken to all agree that, and on their records, it's a ridiculous notion after 12 years the Gamertag was suddenly deemed offensive. To have it stripped of me with no ability to even speak to the person responsible for blacklisting it is a dehumanizing joke. I deserve better as someone who's been a loyal customer as long as I have, and to say I feel undervalued would be an understatement. It shouldn't be more complicated than a single, simple phone call, or even better a quick text chat, to a service representative of some authority who can just clear this up with a few button presses.

Instead, I've been made to feel like I don't even matter to a company I've invested so much of my time and resources into.

TLSerious Enforcement Problem :DR

12 years with a gamertag to have it taken away and blacklisted without even an explanation or any way of getting it back Serious Enforcement Problem :(

:)

FattyGottedHigh, Nov 4, 2021
  2. Fgh204 Win User

Okay, and again I'll point out then that every Gamertag featuring the numbers 420 should be banned as well then for the same nonsense reasoning.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Any information about why it was removed would be listed at http://enforcement.xbox.com It doesn't matter if you've had an account for 12 years or 12 minutes. If the tag violates the code of conduct, it can be changed. It just means it took that long for someone to report it. It would have been removed for drug references.
  4. Smwutches Win User

No, they won't ban them. They may issue a forced gamertag change though. And all I suggested was if you think they should be removed, to report them. Without any other drug related context, the enforcement team may not do anything.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Then report them if you see them.
  6. Fgh204 Win User

Drug references? I suppose then that every gamertag featuring "420" are equally offensive then and should also be reported yeah? I mean, the numbers might be the most replete marijuana reference in our culture today. This is a garbage line of reasoning, it's not an offensive tag and until I meet someone who's offended by it, I'm not going to change my mind on that. Also, hello, it's here in the Microsoft forums being considered inoffensive.

EDIT: Also, "high" could be a reference to anything. Maybe I'm a fat guy who likes poor grammar an aeronautics.
Thema:

1. Serious Enforcement Problem - Similar Threads - Serious Enforcement Problem

2. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  3. I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5: Basically I bought the Xbox pass on PC and wanted to play some sniper elite 5 online, I have downloaded the game and once I try to join it says "unkown file version sniper5_dx12.exe" and wont join...
  4. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support: I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with...
  5. How can I upload a new card game from Amazon to my computer. I seriously need help before...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I upload a new card game from Amazon to my computer. I seriously need help before...: s fi I seriously need help on this new computer. I ordered a Hoyle card game from Amazon, and I got it as far as File Explorer on my computer, but cannot upload into my computer. It sends me...
  6. Xbox 8 strike system sucks and should seriously be looked at

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 8 strike system sucks and should seriously be looked at: My friend's account is getting mass reported, has been banned for a year, is getting mass reported again, and now has 18/8 strikes. What can he do, and why does the Xbox enforcement system stink...
  7. What can I do if Microsoft disabled access to my account for serious violation of Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can I do if Microsoft disabled access to my account for serious violation of Microsoft...: I was on 2k 2 days ago when I logged out for 2 hours tried to log back in when they said my account had a problem. So then I did this from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=519253 Then...
  8. Does the enforcement team actually take their reports seriously?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does the enforcement team actually take their reports seriously?: So I get bullied online a lot for my Nationality. And I report people for it, but yet nothings happens. Why is that? like does the enforcement take their reports seriously?...
  9. I want to have blur in the xbox serious x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to have blur in the xbox serious x: I want to play blur on xbox serious x ff35abc5-09c1-4f78-94cb-5332db7ed222
  10. Why does Xbox not take groomers seriously?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox not take groomers seriously?: (Mod Removed) (his gamertag) has been messaging my 11 year old cousin telling him to come and meet him near where he lives, constantly spamming messages asking to meet up with him and after...