Serious bug with Skype voice calls......

Discus and support Serious bug with Skype voice calls...... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was chatting with my friend threw skype, i was using a xbox one and he was on a pc. While playing battlefiled 4 i noticed someone else laggy voices... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xenokai, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest

Was chatting with my friend threw skype, i was using a xbox one and he was on a pc. While playing battlefiled 4 i noticed someone else laggy voices what i thought was coming from my friends movie or game, so i ignored it, then 30 mins later I started
    to hear my gamertag being said, once i heard that i decided to investigate and i noticed my mic icon was lighting up in game, right then i realized i was talking to my friend on skype and people in game heard me the whole time and it was thosepeople that
    i was hearing and not background voice from my friend end. My friend didnt hear anything but me on his end and no one on my game was hearing him. This is a pretty big problem IMO

:)

Xenokai, Jan 1, 2014
  2. JasonA1980
    JasonA1980 Guest
    Skype to replace Xbox LIVE Chat?

This is kind of old news since last May 2012 - Microsoft did confirm that Skype will power the next-generation Xbox with voice and video features when they put out a job listing. This is only super-wonderful if it either allows video chat whilst playing
    a game, and/or allows you to call anyone else with Skype anywhere whilst you're playing a game. If this is just skype voice chat for xbox live friends list only or the matchmaking lobbies you're in - then it's just skype branded xbox live voice chat!

-

Hopefully it allows skype to skype calling universally.

JasonA1980, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Tool Of God
    Tool Of God Guest
    Snap feature.

Xbox One doesn't do video calls in snap mode. You can Skype voice call someone and talk to them while you game. I do that every time my friend and I play as party chat never works. Just make sure you are not in a party. Then Skype voice call them. After
    they answer, play your game and Skype will continue running, no need to even snap it.

Tool Of God, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Xenokai!

I can certainly understand where you're coming from here. I suggest making this post over in our
    Feedback Forums so that the feedback team can see it and take it into account.

While you're waiting on the feedback team to take a look, I suggest looking through the options in whatever game you're playing to see if there's an option to disable your voice chat in that game. That way, when you're on Skype with someone
    you can disable in-game voice chat and not run into that issue. =)

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there Xenokai!

I can certainly understand where you're coming from here. I suggest making this post over in our
    Feedback Forums so that the feedback team can see it and take it into account.

While you're waiting on the feedback team to take a look, I suggest looking through the options in whatever game you're playing to see if there's an option to disable your voice chat in that game. That way, when you're on Skype with someone
    you can disable in-game voice chat and not run into that issue. =)
  6. JasonA1980 Win User

Skype to replace Xbox LIVE Chat?

This is kind of old news since last May 2012 - Microsoft did confirm that Skype will power the next-generation Xbox with voice and video features when they put out a job listing. This is only super-wonderful if it either allows video chat whilst playing
    a game, and/or allows you to call anyone else with Skype anywhere whilst you're playing a game. If this is just skype voice chat for xbox live friends list only or the matchmaking lobbies you're in - then it's just skype branded xbox live voice chat!

-

Hopefully it allows skype to skype calling universally.
  7. Tool Of God Win User

Snap feature.

Xbox One doesn't do video calls in snap mode. You can Skype voice call someone and talk to them while you game. I do that every time my friend and I play as party chat never works. Just make sure you are not in a party. Then Skype voice call them. After
    they answer, play your game and Skype will continue running, no need to even snap it.
  8. OCRyzen Win User

Where is Skype for Kinect?

Well group video calling, is only available with Skype Premium & texts also use Skype Credits etc..

If it is anything like Skype for HDTV, that already uses a Kinect like camera.. You also pay a Subscription fee for some features, like voice calls too..
  9. Ix TRIGMATIC xI Win User

Fix it

I agree. For the mean time, try to use Skype voice calls. It works flawlessly for me.
Thema:

1. Serious bug with Skype voice calls...... - Similar Threads - Serious bug Skype

2. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  3. No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No seriously, This is annoying. (Wrongful suspension): This is an old suspension, But a very Wrong one at that, I feel the need to contact a lawyer about this as I'm sure many others that followed guidelines and played fair and LISTENED to xbox...
  4. I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5: Basically I bought the Xbox pass on PC and wanted to play some sniper elite 5 online, I have downloaded the game and once I try to join it says "unkown file version sniper5_dx12.exe" and wont join...
  5. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support: I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with...
  6. Unable to uninstall Xbox Game Pass installed games. Very serious and dangerous bug on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to uninstall Xbox Game Pass installed games. Very serious and dangerous bug on...: After playing "Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice" two days ago I uninstalled the game from the Xbox app but I noticed the space on my SSD didn't change. I tried going back to make sure the game was...
  7. A rather serious bug involving a reboot loop on Home(Alpha/One X)

in XboX Insiders
    A rather serious bug involving a reboot loop on Home(Alpha/One X): I'm in Alpha Insider on an Xbox One X. Since the past update whenever closing an app like YouTube the entire Home reboots and then goes into a black screen. If you press the guide button and try...
  8. Serious system software bug or bug with bluray player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious system software bug or bug with bluray player app: hi I have been told that by Xbox customer support that this is the only way to report a software bug with the Xbox one S console and the latest system software release. 3D bluray playback is...
  9. Serious new bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious new bug: So, I'm in the preview program and downloaded the new dashboard, it was completely fine and I loved the new layout but I noticed that startup times and such were slower over the course of 2-3 days...
  10. My Xbox One Switch off (simple bug or serious problem ?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One Switch off (simple bug or serious problem ?): Hi Everybody, Today, after 20 minutes on a game, I go on the market in order to watch some extract and images of a game. After selecting an extract to watch, my xbox one switch off without...