Series x won’t play games in hdr 10

Discus and support Series x won’t play games in hdr 10 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey guys. I have a AOC U2790VQ 27" 4K 3840x2160 UHD monitor. I am going insane trying to hire out why my Xbox won’t display hdr10. It detects 4k, says... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DarkoRP301, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Series x won’t play games in hdr 10

Hey guys. I have a AOC U2790VQ 27" 4K 3840x2160 UHD monitor. I am going insane trying to hire out why my Xbox won’t display hdr10. It detects 4k, says I’m in 4K, but when I load into games I never have any 4K options. When I go to check my display settings, it says “your tv doesn’t support hdr10 for gaming”. What am I missing? I’ve messed with all the settings.

submitted by /u/DarkoRP301
    [link] [comments]

/u/DarkoRP301, Jan 16, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  3. DanielSchnell2 Win User

Battlefield 2042 hard crashing series X

The game is actually freezing and crashing hard, and that since the last patch.....it really annoys me, NO

it's pissing me really off.

I can't play normal on a Xbox Series X without a crash or a freezing Game. Playing with Xbox Series X controller, 4K HDR 60FPS , cross play enabled (without crossplay the Xbox found no Matches )

The Game crashes 10 min into play, either when in a match or in menu.

I have conducted following troubleshooting steps: Reset the game, reinstalled the game, reset the console completly, reset the console, removed everything and nstalled BF2042 again....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Xbox-Series-X-BF2042-Crash-Persists/td-p/11024163/page/10
  4. y0itsdanni Win User

Is the Seagate 1TB Expansion + hard drive compatible with Xbox Series X?

So just to double check - if I get a Series X and I plug my hard drive into it, I won’t be able to play MWII? I will have to re purchase the game as the Series X version?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

RDR2 never received a Series upgrade. The Series Snis playing the base Xbox One version. To access the One X version you would need a Series X

You should disable auto HDR on the console if it’s not playing well, and make sure to do the same on your TV. That’s the fake HDR where the tv guesses not the real thing.

It’s also possible the two are clashing
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
Thema:

Series x won’t play games in hdr 10

1. Series x won’t play games in hdr 10 - Similar Threads - Series won’t play

2. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  3. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  4. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  5. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  6. Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?: I get a message that says that this title is no backwards compatible but the website doesn’t list it as such 931e0123-b3c7-46f7-b33d-286a11b7e2da
  7. Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?: I’ve recently gotten an xbox one S, tried resetting almost everything on my console but still keeps saying my games aren’t compatible, could it somehow be connected to my older xbox one settings?...
  8. My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?: I’ve tried everything. I had a dude from Xfinity come out and give me a new modem, he changed the coaxial cable and even took off the wall thing and replaced it. I’ve reset my Xbox a billion...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?: Last week, I tried to play black ops 2 because all the servers got fixed but when I tried to connect, I get an error stating my console will not connect to Xbox live. I know it’s not my internet...
  10. My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege: What is happening is I bought it and whenever I try to play quick match or ranked/unranked games it directs me to buy Xbox game pass. But if I try to play single player it lets me. Why is this...