Series X won't connect during setup

Discus and support Series X won't connect during setup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I finally picked up a series X the other day and during the "setup" of the console it will not connect to my house's wifi. I've tried the app and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Axe5197, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Axe5197
    Axe5197 Guest

I finally picked up a series X the other day and during the "setup" of the console it will not connect to my house's wifi. I've tried the app and the console setup screens, I've tried restarting and hard restarting my console, I've reset my router multiple times and nothing is working. At this point I'm almost thinking my console is defective and I'm ready to return the thing and get my money back.

*Also I don't have access to an Ethernet cable.

:)

Axe5197, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If it's not working on your house's WiFi, do you have a different network connection that we can try to use such as a mobile hotspot? This way we can check if it's an issue with the Xbox console itself or just a setting on your home WiFi.
  3. Axe5197 Win User

So I did end up connecting with the mobile hotspot on a my phone and during the update I dozed off long enough to where my console shut off due to inactivity. Now it's telling me there's a problem with the update installing. I managed to borrow an Ethernet cable from my buddy so I guess that's my next option.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for the update and that would be great.

Also, please attempt to retry the update using your mobile hotspot just to check if there is an improvement using the connection.
  5. oimushthuggie Win User

New Series X on All Access - Error when trying to claim Game Pass

Same here.

I upgraded from the ultimate pass on Xbox one X to the series X but it won't let me claim it on the series X.

Also Tetris connected won't open either.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

What doesn't my stupid controller work or play when it plugged in the wall but as soon as you plug it In to the xbox it works!!!!!¿¿¿ makes no sense bc the xbox gets it power from the wall

Hi,

If you're attempting to do what I think you you are, it won't work. As soon as you connect a cabled Xbox One or Series X|S controller to a different USB connector it will try to data sync/connect to that device and will disconnect from the previous device. This is why it is recommended that you charge the controller during play directly with the console.
Thema:

1. Series X won't connect during setup - Similar Threads - Series won't connect

2. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  3. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  4. New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...: I've tried unplugging for a little bit, restarting, and factory reset, but nothing is working. I just got it a month ago brand new. It connects to my hotspot but not my home Wi-Fi....
  5. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  7. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.: To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own...
  8. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  9. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?: Hello, I've tried to restart my Xbox multiple times and connect to it multiple times, but it will not connect. Please help? 7086b439-5d29-4fb8-9670-0326036d3e1a