Series X wont allow me to eject disc from dashboard

Discus and support Series X wont allow me to eject disc from dashboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, i have farcry6 inside my disc drive and before i would see the disc icon on the dashboard and it would allow me to eject from the dashboard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VladIs2, May 9, 2022.

1. VladIs2
    VladIs2 Guest

Hello all, i have farcry6 inside my disc drive and before i would see the disc icon on the dashboard and it would allow me to eject from the dashboard but now it wont let me. The game still plays so ofcourse the drive is fine. I like the feature so just wondering how i can fix this.

:)

VladIs2, May 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Vladls2

Please try this on your console:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

And try if now ejecting from dashboard works
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

And there you can find a “reset console” button
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Did you mean factory reset?
    All you need to do is once inside settings go to system > console info
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Well, with your controller all you need to do is press couple seconds Xbox button in your controller until a menu appears. Then press shut down and go to step 2
  6. VladIs2 Win User

Im talking about instead of holding the xbox button down for 10 seconds is there another way to power cycle the console
Thema:

1. Series X wont allow me to eject disc from dashboard - Similar Threads - Series wont allow

2. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  3. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  4. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  5. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  6. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  7. Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network: I have an issue where my xbox wont connect to the xbox network and wont sign in to my account. I have searched online and tried everything. I have restarted my console a bunch now and also tried...
  8. my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(: i recently hopped on to my xbox series s and my internet just wouldn't work, so i turned off my router for 30 secs and that wouldn't work, then i checked if my router was filtering out my xbox...
  9. Error code (0x8027025a) wont let access anything on my Xbox series s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code (0x8027025a) wont let access anything on my Xbox series s: So I have gotten this problem recently when trying to sign in or use anything on my Xbox series s. I keep getting this error code(0x8027025a) when trying to sign in or even trying to go into my...
  10. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830