Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture

Discus and support Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've had the console for maybe 3 weeks, it's plugged into a wall outlet, it's upright, it's not overheating and has randomly started doing this.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DMT Graphics, Jul 31, 2021.

  1. DMT Graphics
    DMT Graphics Guest

    Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture


    So I've had the console for maybe 3 weeks, it's plugged into a wall outlet, it's upright, it's not overheating and has randomly started doing this. I've had this issue once before and it just started working again. Right now it's not hot, I've changed wall socket plug-ins with no change. No damage has happened to it, it's not in a dusty space and is on a glass table. Any suggestions?

    :)
     
    DMT Graphics, Jul 31, 2021
    #1
  2. SammyVS Win User

    Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture

    It's totally understandable your frustration, I would be too. I recommended contacting the store that maybe they can exchange the console and it would be faster than sending it in for repair.
  3. DMT Graphics Win User

    Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture

    Thank you for your response! I'll give the soft reset a try. For some reason it seems to be more of a hardware issue, which i really hope it's not.
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

    Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture

    Hello @DMT Graphics!

    Console shutdowns can sometimes happen due to system corruption, requiring the console be reset to factory defaults. Therefore I would suggest preforming a Soft Factory Rest Xbox Support by selecting Reset and keep my games & apps. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. Also, you might need to check the power supplies. For info about how to troubleshoot power supply issues, go to: My Xbox console won’t turn on.
  5. DMT Graphics Win User

    Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture

    Thanks for you response too!

    I'm ok, a bit frustrated due to this problem happening etc. Essentially the soft reset is what I'm gonna try first. The rest of it I have done within reason. Thank you for your help
  6. SammyVS Win User

    Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture

    Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

    How are you, mate?

    Follow this command and a screen will appear with 4 options for you, select ''reset'' and then keep the games and app

    ''Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

    Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

    Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button  on the console.

    Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

    Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.''

    If it is not possible to reach the screen with 4 options or the console does not stay on the next step is repair.

    You may be able to exchange it with the store where you bought it, if that is not possible you can send it to Microsoft for repair.

    This link contains detailed instructions on how to open the repair order.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture

Loading...
  1. Series X will either turn off 2 seconds after turning on or stay on and show no picture - Similar Threads - Series either turn

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  10. Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't either of my series x xbox' connect to 360 servers?: I have two series x consoles in my house (two kids plus two consoles equals fewer arguments). Today my youngest wanted to play a 360 game on his profile but when trying to download his profile I...